Night Time Wakings

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By kellysensei

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Robby has learned to pull himself to standing, and he loves to practice this new skill in the middle of the night. Sigh. Monday night, we were up from 2-3 am, with him crying all panicky and me going in to lie him back down, and him getting mad at me for interrupting his practice... and again last night from 10-11. I have to get up at 5 am, so this is not really fun for me. I read that you have to teach them how to sit by actually bending their legs, but he doesn't have it down yet. Has anyone else been through this? Did it last long? Is there anything I can do to discourage this? (I swear, he's tired enough at the end of the day; he's got bags under his eyes, but he won't stay asleep!)

September 19th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Not a problem for Winter yet, but Alice did it once or twice. Kids at our preschool would. We would eventually leave them standing to figure it out on their own. They always would.
Blue-Jay likes this.
September 20th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Lol, I wouldn't mind leaving him in there alone to work it out, but it's a condo and I know they can hear him upstairs. I'd be pretty miffed at 2:30 am to hear a kid crying, lol.

Are we the only two left in here? I feel like I can hear my echo, lol. You should come post on the Married Life boards (if you feel like it). I know they would have appreciated the GraySkull skit.... And it's hoppin'!

September 20th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Water was spilt on my keyboard so I ope you can deciper my posts OK. Just so time consumin to copy, paste, copy, paste...

Anyway, I tink most people are on FB. I just didnt like bein in FB Feb club so I stuck ere. I also like bein able to browse at my own pace. FB is so fast and open.
September 20th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I may ceck tose boards.
September 21st, 2012, 04:45 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Claire hasn't figured out how to pull herself up on her crib yet but her sleep is getting worse and worse. She slept great as a newborn but NOW.... So annoying! I don't know what to do to help her either. I have my fingers crossed that it's related to teething but I really don't think it is.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

September 21st, 2012, 05:36 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Actually, today when I was buckling Robby into his carseat to go home from work, I saw that a tooth had poked through either during the night or through the day today. He is sleeping soundly now, so fingers crossed that he goes back to being a normal sleepr.

I hope you have the same experience with Claire! Sleep problems are stink.

September 24th, 2012, 02:54 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Evan can't pull up yet and hasn't figured out how to get himself into a sitting position yet, either, from his back or tummy. He almost always wakes up once a night, though, and lately it's been twice a night because of teething. I have to get up at 5AM, too. I feel like a walking zombie much of the time!
Blue-Jay likes this.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search