Horrible stomach flu and bleeding

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 05:01 PM
kamiyu910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kamiyu910
I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced having a very serious stomach flu, with fever, non stop throwing up for 12 hours, and extreme runs for a couple days, and then having a bit of vaginal bleeding?
I know it's not really enough right now to really worry about, but the fact that I *NEVER* bleed, even after really rough cervical exams, makes me a little nervous. I know I got dehydrated, not sure if that could cause it... and it's really hard to tell what is causing the abdominal pain, because well, flu sucks. But none of the nurses I've talked to have even really listened to me, just brushed me off like it's no big deal

September 19th, 2012, 09:01 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are so sick! ((hugs)) I think it sounds like you need to call your doctor! If you still aren't well in the morning I think you need to call ASAP!

As far as the bleeding goes...Are we talking spotting or blood like a light period? Is it bright red or brownish pink? I think I would be alarmed by bleeding at this point in the pregnancy, especially since you have been so sick in general as well.

September 19th, 2012, 09:22 PM
At the very least you need to be examined and given an IV IMO. Go to the ER they will have to look at you. Considering the fact you are pregnant and have been vomiting and having watery bowel movements for over 72 hours it would be irresponsible not at least rehydrate you, run a CBC, and look at the baby and make sure he/she is doing ok. Have you called your OB yet and let him/her know whats going on?
September 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I agree you should call your Dr. It is so easy to get dehydrated. Hope you are feeling better soon
September 20th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ditto about calling the doctor...

Feel better!!!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

September 20th, 2012, 05:35 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
You may need to go in. I have had the flu for the past 2 days too!! I thought I had the dehydration beat but I was fooling myself. I was still very dehydrated. I ended up in L&D last night. Had to get hooked up to IV fluids. It took 3 bags before I finally felt the need to urinate. (didn't know it would be that bad!) Definitely made the stomach cramping stop. I thought the stomach cramping was just part of the flu. Nope it was due to being dehydrated. This may be pregnancy #4 but its the first time I have had the flu this late in pregnancy. Throwing up while this pregnant HURTS more than I ever thought it could. Hope you feel better.

September 20th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Veteran
I'm surprised they brushed you off like that. Bleeding is never a good sign. I would call up there and demand to speak directly to your Dr.
September 20th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Don't less those nurses brush you off! I'd be going in if I was that sick and bleeding. They need to take you seriously! And like Robin said, you could be severely dehydrated. Hope both of you ladies feel better soon!

September 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Irene.C's Avatar Veteran
Are you sure the bleeding is vaginal? It could be rectal since you are having all the GI problems. either way it can be serious and should be worth a trip to the dr's office.

September 20th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene.C View Post
Are you sure the bleeding is vaginal? It could be rectal since you are having all the GI problems. either way it can be serious and should be worth a trip to the dr's office.
Actually I am 100% positive it's vaginal (I checked, plus the way I wipe, I'm OCD, it had to have either been from urine or vaginal). I've been trying to get a ride down to L&D and as soon as I can I'm going in. I've been getting a lot more what I think are contractions, and I'm feeling really bad. I can't really stand up without feeling like I'm going to collapse now.

September 20th, 2012, 11:44 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyu910 View Post
Actually I am 100% positive it's vaginal (I checked, plus the way I wipe, I'm OCD, it had to have either been from urine or vaginal). I've been trying to get a ride down to L&D and as soon as I can I'm going in. I've been getting a lot more what I think are contractions, and I'm feeling really bad. I can't really stand up without feeling like I'm going to collapse now.
That is very similar to how I was feeling. Hope you can find a ride.

September 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Update?? I hope you are feeling better!

September 21st, 2012, 06:52 AM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
I hope you were able to go in and get checked out!! I hope you feel better soon. Being sick is awful especially when you are pregnant!
September 21st, 2012, 07:09 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Hope you got a ride and I hope your feeling better
September 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you made it to L&D and are feeling better!

September 21st, 2012, 08:58 AM
TammyLynn1993's Avatar I love you Isabella
I hope you are feeling better!

*Thank you<3Kiliki for the siggy*

September 22nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
So I ended up spending the day in L&D on Thursday. I was indeed dehydrated and my uterus was being very cranky, but thankfully nothing was progressing. They gave me some zofran for the nausea and later that night I was actually hungry for once!
Friday I had to take my son to the doctor, he was also getting dehydrated and was still having insanely bad runs, but thankfully didn't need an IV like I did. It's been an insane week, and especially insane past 3 days!
It's interesting how you never really realize how far gone you are until you get better.... I wish I had be able to go in earlier...

September 22nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
glad you went in and are feeling better
September 23rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the update! Glad you are feeling better! That's too bad your son had to get it.

Did they give you a reason for the bleeding? It's stopped, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search