waves of exhaustion?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 12:11 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
iv actually been doing/feeling significantly better then I have for most of the pregnancy lately but now i have this thing where I will be doing fine and suddenly im utterly exhausted. not like i wish i could take a nap tired like I don't feel like I can move my body or even hold my eyes open tired. the strangest part is i cant find a pattern or reason its not at a certain time of day or after/before iv eaten there doesn't seem to be any difference in Connor or my activity when it happens but it is at least once a day lately.

yesterday it hit me so hard i had to sit down in an aisle at walmart and i think i might have passed out a little. it wasnt long if i did becuse SO was with me and he never mentioned it just asked if i was feeeling ok. but I had that strange feeling when you dont remember wakeing up but you also dont remember being awake. today i was just surfing the web and suddenly felt like id been up for days.

I also find it strange that i dont do anything to fix it eating sleeping drinking ect dont fix it it just kinda goes away and i feel fine agin anywhere from 5 min to an hr later.

is this normal? or at least happening to anyone else? iv been trying hard to think of resons for it an im not comeing up with anything even my insomna has gotten better for the last few days I slept over 7 hours last night (a practical record for me lately lol)

September 21st, 2012, 03:19 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been feeling something similar, not paralyzing exhaustion, just random waves of tired+nausea= generally not feeling well at all for 1/2 hour to an hour during the day.
Never at the same time and nothing fixes it I just have to swim through.
I've been sleeping a little better too lately so glad you are too!!

As for nearly passing out that could be dangerous maybe mention it to your de or midwife to see if you are lacking electrolytes, iron or if you're just dehydrated or something.
September 22nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know what causes it, but I think it's normal. I know with DS I would go to the mall with DH at times to visit friends who were working, and I would literally fall asleep while standing up talking to them. DH would have to wake me up just to get me walking again.

September 22nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get the same way.. more and more often these days. I thought the first tri was exhausting.. lately it's like the first trimester X's 10. -sigh-.

September 22nd, 2012, 11:58 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happens to me, too. I've never been to the point where I have to fall asleep in the store, but I also don't go anywhere really. Yesterday, I could barely make it through dinner. I basically ate, asked my husband to clean up, and fell asleep for 2 hours!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search