Droppin' low, low, low...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mollyjayne
  • 1 Post By newserenity

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 05:30 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Okay so I had one of those cheesy rap songs in my head. lol

But on a serious note. Has anyone dropped yet?

As we all creep closer to the end I wonder when babes will start dropping. AND when they do, how much longer afterward until they're born? Is it a few days, weeks, hours?

Curious first-timer here!
September 21st, 2012, 05:54 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
I never noticed or felt anything different when my girls "dropped" some people notice and feel it, others never do. Not sure what will happen this time around!!
September 21st, 2012, 06:11 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
I've never noticed anything either. Until I am in labor, they seem to be in the same general area.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

September 21st, 2012, 06:26 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been told I dropped and definatly feel him lower and I can breathe easier, but I heard that you can drop and it be a month and a half before you go into labor, which is cool cause that's when i'm due
Hopolka likes this.
September 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont notice any dropping. I carry mine super high.

September 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never felt a difference when I've dropped, and I know it was still a few weeks after I dropped that labor started for each of my kids. The only thing I can tell when I've dropped is the way my belly looks.

September 21st, 2012, 07:30 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never really dropped that low the last time. This is pretty early to be dropping. I would be concerned if I dropped with 8 weeks to go!

Some women drop pretty close to when baby is ready to "engage" and get ready for labor...and some women never seem to have their bellies drop.

September 21st, 2012, 07:47 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i definitely did

31 weeks

33 weeks - DH took the pic for me.. i wanted a few quick pics after my senior session, i was sooo hot, sweaty.. and no make up.. but whatever lol

Pic001 by tasha_m1071, on Flickr
September 21st, 2012, 08:06 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been low for months. If she drops any more, she'll be out. I have a full hands width under my breasts easily where there's no baby.

September 21st, 2012, 08:12 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Booger's doing some weird stunts in here and I'm feeling a lot more pressure so I'm definitely sure I'll be dropping soon.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
September 22nd, 2012, 06:21 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I had dropped but, my OB said he was just head down now. In the past I don't recall feeling the baby drop. I have read that after you drop you will have your baby within a couple weeks but, I don't think there is any proof of that. It's just like anything else at the end of pregnancy like losing your mucus plug or being dilated or not, really makes no difference you could have baby in a day or 4 weeks etc.
Hopolka likes this.

September 22nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
I've dropped! I can't say what that means though like everyone else has said it just depends. A good friend dropped and went into labor two nights later. But I've also heard of it still being weeks away? Idk.

September 22nd, 2012, 12:35 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With Zoey I carried her very low from the start. She was head down from the 1st ultrasound and stayed that way. So she never "dropped".

With this one, he seems to be sprawled out, head down. Definitely no "dropping" yet. Not sure if I will even notice it, because I don't have much of a belly this time around.

September 22nd, 2012, 05:25 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I am pretty sure I dropped last Wednesday. When I woke up and looked in the mirror I noticed my tummy looked low, DH says I'm crazy... maybe I am because everything looked back to normal a few hours later.

September 22nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Isn't it funny how different everyone is?! I figured once people dropped (if they did) that it could be a wide range of possibilities (i.e. a couple days-weeks). I'll be interested to see when Annalise decides to head to the birth canal. Right now she is still very high and active. I'm thinking it'll be at least another 4 weeks. We'll see though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search