Numb hands

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 09:46 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
Anyone else getting worse pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel? Mine's been getting worse lately, and I can even feel them getting tingly/numb when awake. It used to be I only woke up with them numb! I know some people swear by the splints, but I'm anti buying anything else for this pregnancy so hopefully they don't get worse

(Oh, and its not swelling related, I haven't really swollen yet this pregnancy)
September 22nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have in previous pregnancies, but so far no issues with this pregnancy. It isn't fun at all, I still remember how uncomfortable it was.

I am getting a weird symptom though, it feels like carpel tunnel but on the right side of my ribs! lol They actually go numb from the pain. I think baby sticks his feet on that side under my ribs.

September 22nd, 2012, 07:14 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
I have it every night. I go to bed just fine, I wake up to pee and i'm already numb on both hands. My hands are like that till I wake up and it takes about an hour or so to get back to normal. Its really a pain in the butt.

September 22nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had horrible pregnancy carpal tunnel the last time. I had it from 20 weeks on. I wore wrist braces, and my hands were always numb and super painful.

This time it hasn't come back!!

The last 2 weeks I've had some occasional numbness, but I'm trying not to worry about it. I figure, if it comes back, this is still so much less time to put up with it than I had the last time...and I can deal. I hope it's nothing....

September 22nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have it a little bit. My hands are getting weaker. I felt my soda can slipping out last night and thankfully realized in time!

September 22nd, 2012, 10:14 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I've had it pretty bad lately. I wake up with numb hands every night and last week my thumb was numb for 3 days after I did some painting in the nursery. I can also sometimes feel my right hand start to go slightly numb when I'm wide awake and not using it. It's annoying. I haven't had any pain from it though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search