Coffee

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By newserenity

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
Okay ladies, I'm not a coffee drinker so I have no idea about this.

Before getting pregnant how much strong coffee or espresso would you drink.

I'm trying to compare to my MIL because I think she drinks way to much. I would have to say she drinks about 7-10 glasses a day and thats turkish coffee, which is a lot stronger then espresso.

September 22nd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Before getting pregnant i used to drink 3-4 med. cups of coffee + 1-2 java monsters just to keep me going through the day. I would wake up at 5:30am and would get back to bed till bout 2am. My days never slowed down while I worked. I was always trying to take care of things and keep my house clean with 4 other adults living there with no help from them.
September 22nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
Veteran
2-3 cups of weak coffee was my average, unless I made the coffee then 2-3 cups of regular strength coffee. 7-10 Turkish coffees a day is a lot of caffeine.
September 22nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was not a "strong coffee" drinker as im not a fan of the bitter taste so if i had something dark it was only 2-3 cups. however I did make gallon pitchers of iced coffee and would drink a pitcher every day or 2.

September 22nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm usually just a cup in the morning, and sometimes a cup of decaf on chilly evenings. I don't do the strong stuff at all.

Sometimes at work I'll go for a large convenient store cappuccino, but that's really just glorified hot chocolate. Some of it only has trace amounts of actual coffee in it.

September 22nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My parents drink a ton, too, esp. my mom. They make it strong and go through 2 pots just between the two of them every morning, and that's just the morning. Then she has more throughout the day. I only drink 1-2 cups a day, normally.. and not every day either. I'm not a huge coffee drinker.

September 22nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was a 2-3 cups of regular per day drinker. With lots of creamer. Now I'm doing 1-2 cups of hot tea instead because coffee hurts my stomach.

September 22nd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
I can understand if you were working, but the woman has been a house wife all her life. DH left the nest when he was 18 so its not like she was keeping up after watching a child, only her husband who worked six days a week from 7am-7pm. oo There she goes again, another cup with her cigarette, a must for her too, its like she can't do one without the other.

September 22nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to have one or two cups a day, but that's more when I was in the office and I always smelt the fresh pot brewing, so it made me want one.

Caffeine is definetly addicting. She probably is hooked on it.

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
September 22nd, 2012, 12:00 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow... that's excessive! I used to drink 3-4 cups and thought it was too much!
Cocoa Sashimi likes this.

September 23rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
1-2 cups per day of flavored coffee and i don't even finish the cup, now i drink one small cup a day

September 23rd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
During the school year, I would take a 20 ounce insulated cup with me to work and sip on it until noon. During summer, I would average maybe about two of those throughout the day. However, that is just a regular Colombian roast. I cannot imagine drinking that much in Turkish coffee.

Now that I am pregnant, I drink one small cup of half-caff every morning, and I don't have anything with caffeine after noon. Sleep studies have shown caffeine even 8-10 hours before your bedtime can cause restless sleep. I'm getting enough of that without adding caffeine to it.

September 23rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Pageturner
i have one cup a day of strong coffee.
September 23rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not a coffee drinker, but 7-10 cups of Turkish coffee seems like an awful lot!! Even if she's using the little espresso mugs to drink out of, that's a lot! But I'm doubting she's using little mugs....

September 23rd, 2012, 07:43 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only drink 1 cup a day and that's when I'm not pregnant. I haven't even been drinking that lately unless it's decaf.

My mom drinks a lot of coffee. She's a heavy smoker too, so maybe it goes hand in hand. Although I don't think even my mom drinks 7-10 cups a day. That's really a lot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search