Work issues

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to Mercaydes26
I have 9 weeks left until i have my baby and i have not had any problems with this pregnacy. my major problem seams to be at work. i work the front desk at a hotel 3 nights a week is what i started at and every since i made the decision to tell me boss i was about 5 months and like 2 weeks after i told him that he cut me down to 2 days i said something said everyone was getting cut but that was a lie cuz it was only me and one other girl there are 7 of us that work the front desk. so i come into work today and look at the schedule and i am not down to 1 day this is not good i am able to work. and could use the money doctors have not mentioned 1 thing about pulling me. The other day i asked my boss so that i would know just in case my water should brake who should i call because i do work alone. also said it has not happend yet and this is my 4th pregnacy so i dought that it will but you never know so i just wanted to have my grounds covered with it. apperently i should not have asked that but still i dont believe he has any right to keep cutting my hours.So sorry this is so long but kinda mad about it.also sorry about the mp words i know there in there.

anyone know when they would normally pull you out of work i know its different for everyone but just kinda cariuos?
September 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They can't pull you out of work. Do you have seniority?

September 22nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
oh seniority at the place i work dont matter i can tell you that he just hired a new girl about 2 half months ago and was only suposse to be part time shes not she has taken all the hours and cant do nothing wrong i have have been here 2 years and im getting cut like you wouldent believe not sure what to do
September 22nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
ok i am use to being high risk so they always pulled my out of work early due to that this time im not so was confused on how it works when your not high risk sorry
September 22nd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doc said I can work right up until the end as long as baby and I are doing ok. If I my job involved heavy lifting, hard physical labor or work out in the heat then she said she would put restrictions and or have me stop early. Sounds like there is no reason that you can't work until you have the baby especially since your aren't having any problems.
September 22nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I used to work in hospitality, in many different departments, in both MA and FL but I'm sure its all the same. Seniority doesn't matter, all that matters is whose *** you are kissing. Unfortunately i don't think there is much you can do, especially if they are claiming every ones hours are getting cut... I'm sorry you are dealing with it all right now, maybe suck up the 1 night and in the mean time look for something else for when you are ready to go back, or even ask to be trained in another department that might be short, so you can pick up some hours. What I did was talk to the night manager, some hotels call it MOD, and let him know i was looking for more hours and put it out there that I would be interested in picking up hours in another department if they were short and that I was willing to be trained. Since I mostly worked nights at the time, he always knew when a department needed to fill some positions and would talk to that manager for me, and set it up. That is how I was able to be trained in so many different departments. I did, front desk, reservations, night audit, restaurant, bar, room service, housekeeping. But I always made sure to stay on good terms with the night manager without kissing his ***. Good luck and I hope it is just a one time thing where they cut you but it doesn't sound that way.
September 22nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
but there not getting cut he is just saying they are i have a copy of every schedule since he said THAT and its not true at all but for him now to cut me to 1 day is not worth the gas money to come to work
how can he make that call that i need to be cut i could see it if i asked or the docs said something to me it feels like discrimination

theres only 1 manager no other department i work at a indepently owned hotel and they could care less i wasent going to come back after the baby already new that but i got 3 other kids mouths to feed is my problem 1 days not going to do it
September 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
to me that is clear discrimination - if you have been there longer than the other employees, you are capable of doing your job, and only your hours are getting cut. I'm in Canada, so not sure what government authority regulates the labour laws in your area.... I would first speak with my manager asking for more hours and if that didn't work I would contact the govt to make a complaint as well as an attorney.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search