Restless Sleeper all of a sudden

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
This past week all of a sudden McKinley has been such a restless sleeper!!
She goes down fine and then around 3AM she starts to thrash and grunt and whimper and she is still asleep while doing this but then she keeps doing it to the point where she wakes herself up! And she will continue doing this throughout the night until she finally wakes up in the morning. It's driving me crazy because it's obviously keeping me up when she does this. She has never had a problem before, she was always such a great sleeper from the start. But now Idk.. I've googled this and a lot of people seem to have this problem around the 3 Month of age mark but there seems to be no solution or answers to this. Someone said their baby it lasted 6 weeks! Eye Yi Yi! Even cradling her in my arms to sleep it still doesn't help.
I'm at a loss of what to do. Anyone in the same boat or had any older children do this when they were babies and know what's going on?

this single mama is tired and worried!

September 23rd, 2012, 03:52 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Layne has been doing the same thing lately. So far we are 2 weeks in and it is driving me insane. I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night the past 2 weeks as well. I wish I had answers!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
September 24th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Spencer did that around 3mos. Lucky for us it only lasted about 2-2 1/2 wks. It was rough, but he did go right back to his schedule pretty much over night. Hopefully your LOs get back to themselves soon.

September 24th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Super Mommy
Pippa's been doing that for the last 3-4 weeks - last night was a good night though back to her old schedule so fingers crossed that it wasn't a fluke
September 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
i had this problem with raini when she was younger. i started putting her to sleep in a boppy pillow and it would keep her arms down so she wouldn't wake herself up.

now that she is able to turn onto her side, i have her on a small boppy so that when she turns her face doesnt come into contact with the boppy

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
September 24th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This has been happening to us too! For about 2 weeks he's been waking up at 1:30 instead of his usual 3-4:00 time and he's just thrashing around in his crib. Last night he was back to sleeping almost 8 hours it was after his baptism day so it could've been because he was just that tired, but I'm hoping he's back on schedule now!

September 25th, 2012, 02:59 AM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had that problem before we started treating him with Zantac for reflux.

September 25th, 2012, 05:55 AM
first time mommy to be!
no problem like that here yet! phew. but she's been crazy wiggly and restless during breast feeding! Anyone else doing that? I have to keep getting her to latch on over and over again! annoying lol

September 25th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going through the same phase with Tristan. He wakes up around 3 or 4 and wont settle down till morning. He is half sleeping, half awake, tossing around. I have him in bed with me, flipping him on his belly usually tends to help and he falls asleep eventually. I wonder if it is teeth related, he has his hands in his mouth a lot lately.

And to answer the above nursing questions. Yes, my nipples are quite sore these days because he is too curious and looks around a lot while nursing. He even made a milk blister on my nipple last week.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 25th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
jill will have nights like that as well. it def makes for a long day at work the next day i have noticed when she eats a bigger bottle right before bed she usually sleeps better through the night. thats the only thing that has helped us.
September 25th, 2012, 03:49 PM
acj0890's Avatar Veteran
My son started doing that at about a month old because I quit swaddling him. I ended up swaddling him again and started putting him to bed earlier and it seemed to help alot. Also feeding him till he refused the bottle. Sometimes took quite a bit of formula but it made him sleep amazing. I don't swaddle him anymore, but I still have a habit of getting him ready for bed at 7:15 every night and feeding him as much as he will take and he has been an amazing sleeper. Anywhere from 12 - 14 hours a night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search