Gulp

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 05:14 PM
just_em's Avatar TANSTAAFL!
I just took the last of the freezer stash out to defrost for tomorrow. I pumped a grand total of 6 oz today - I need 12+ for daycare. I really don't want to use formula (either store-bought or homemade) but I'm not sure what else to do. I didn't have this problem with Kid the First because we were joined at the boob his entire first year...

I know part of it is hormonal. I'm on CD 28, but I have very unpredictable periods and it could be a week or more until my period starts. I'm also sick, and that's not helping anything either.

I just want to cry. Not really looking for answers - I have Google for that. I just wanted to get it out.

September 25th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Clutch's Avatar First Timer
I'm sorry you're feeling that way! I felt really bad too when I started having supply issues.

I don't have any answers ... just wanted to chip in. I hope you feel better soon!
September 25th, 2012, 07:14 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
No answers either, I hope you find a solution and big hugs! I hope you feel better soon also.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

September 25th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Lots of hugs, sweetie!

September 25th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Veteran
Hugs for you.....
September 26th, 2012, 09:34 AM
just_em's Avatar TANSTAAFL!
Thanks, ladies. I appreciate it!

Well, I had a few leftover ounces, but pumped light again yesterday AND baby girl downed all of her bottles at school. I usually have a spare to bring home and send the next day, but not this time. So... I watered down what I had a little bit and made lighter-than-usual bottles. I did start my period (on CD30, no less!), so I'm hoping that production will go back to my own personal normal soon, and I've been encouraging little Miss to nurse a LOT in the evenings in the hope of getting her into a reverse-cycling mode. We're also seeing some signs of interest in food so I'll probably start offering some things soon and see how she does. I'm not ready to be done nursing, and she isn't either!

September 27th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Super Mommy
hugs! i can totally relate! i have about 5 oz left in my freezer stash too! luckily i have been keeping up day to day. I did start fenugreek capsules and a bowl of oatmeal/day a few days ago and I have been pumping at night b4 I go to bed and in the morning - even if its just for 5 or 10 mins to encourage more milk production. today I pumped 3 extra oz at my last pump session! I was super excited about that! (with the twins I usually pump 9-11 oz and today I pumped 13!)

hopefully we hear back in a few days that your milk is up to "your normal" levels! good luck!

Twin Girls - April 23, 2012 (38 weeks)

3 angels (08, 10, 11)
September 27th, 2012, 06:58 PM
.Katie.
Good luck Em. Hormones are a girls worst enemy!
September 27th, 2012, 11:49 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am so sorry! that is tough

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search