Panic attacks???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The past few weeks I have been getting gradually more anxious and jittery feeling. I dont know how else to describe it. Then today I woke up and my heart was just racing, couldnt go back to sleep, and I've just had this horrible anxiety/panic attack feeling all day. My heart rate has been above 100 all day, I cant relax, I cant calm down... There's nothing Im worried or anxious about so I have no idea where this is coming from! It feels like Im having an anxiety or panic attack. Anyone else ever dealt with this???

I had DH run me to the pharmacy to check my bp, it was only 132/79. It feels awful!!!!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

September 24th, 2012, 06:18 PM
KarenHaley's Avatar Veteran
I am having this almost nightly. I told my mom about it and she says it means I am really low on calcium and that she had this when she was pregnant. I forgot what she called it. I'm going to do some googling on it.

September 24th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep. Today was pretty bad. I don't normally have issues with anxiety but I have been with this pregnancy and it's awful. I'm sorry.

Daffney

September 25th, 2012, 06:22 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
oh I totally have them bad right now. The other day we went to visit my mother in law at the campground by the lake and they had a fire pit going. my son was running around it and I was telling my husband to keep him away from the fire because of my irrational fear of him tripping and launching himself into the fire.......my husband didn't really see it as big of a deal as I did........I was almost in TEARS I was so anxious. Then when we went for a walk my son would run so far ahead of us that I couldn't see him and I told my husband to retrieve him because I didn't want him getting too far ahead and going off the trail and me losing him. Again....my husband didn't understand my feelings. On the way home I broke down and started crying because my anxiety was through the roof

Last edited by DawnVH; September 25th, 2012 at 06:24 AM. Reason: not finished
September 25th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
i here been having that also! I guess with me being nervous and stressed.. doesnt help
September 25th, 2012, 07:59 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had really bad anxiety and was taking meds for it before I got pg so I have been going through this just about every day. Sometimes it feels so irrational but there is nothing I can do to control the feeling. It's awful! I hope you start to feel better soon.

September 25th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup, me too. Ive had that panic attack feeling at least once a day for quite a while now.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
September 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Veteran
Sorry to hear that. I got the news that I was slightly anemic at the last check and needed to take iron. I checked the symptoms for anemia and they included shortness of breath and racing heartbeat so don't discount that as a cause. Are you getting anxious about the new baby coming or labor? That could cause some of the problems too. Maybe do some journaling and see if something doesn't come up.
September 29th, 2012, 11:59 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The extra blood flow is not helping either. The body's natural reaction when there is a higher blood volume, like during pregnancy, can increase your heart rate which leads to that panicy feeling. My resting HR is in the 120's even when not pg and it makes me feel horrible. If its still an issue Monday give the dr a call and see if they have any ideas. I know if it is absolutely necessary anti-seizure meds like valium can be taken during pg but only when its benefits outweigh the risk of the drug.

September 29th, 2012, 02:45 PM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
Not so much anxiety, but as mentioned before, I'm having terrible depression. Sometimes quite irrational -- like, "I wasn't cut out to be a mom ... I'm going to leave the kids with DH after DD is born." It's been terrible. I sincerely hope everyone finds relief soon.
September 29th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes my doc did tell me I was a little anemic at my last appt. Ive been taking 3 Flintstone vitamins every day because every time I take the iron pills, I throw them up... So hopefully it will work. Its just such a weird feeling!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

September 29th, 2012, 03:38 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I have a hard time keeping iron pills down too, but my mom told me to take it with orange or grape juice, and low and behold, her trick works for me! Maybe it'll work for you too

And I've been getting anxious sometimes too, though not full out panic mode. I have a 15 minute yoga routine that I do most evenings, and I pray while I do it (or have the Psalms playing in the background), and that really helps me.
October 3rd, 2012, 03:52 AM
missy11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have not been active on this board, decided to occupy my time during a semi possible panic attack by browsing the Dec DD boards and then i ran across your post and it made me feel a tad bit more normal. i have had this all evening. i have on and off anxiety. but today i am not sure if i had a panic attack, or is something wrong w me or is this normal preg stuff which i did not have with my previous pregnancy. i went to bed and felt alot better but woke at 3am feeling funky again just feels like its harder to catch my breath, feel anxious when i think about possible health problems that could cause this stuff...feel lil odd pain in my chest, which i have felt over the years when im anxious, but i fear pushing it off tothe side and blaming it on anxiety when it could be a medical issue. if i stil feel this way in the AM im gona call my dr. hope you feel better.

[IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
October 3rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
dibbers's Avatar Super Mommy
im glad ive seen this post,

Ive just been signed off work for two weeks, I think its anxiety but the Dr is running tests for anemia.
I got so worked up the other night I was sick through crying so much. I feel so selfish too because im not anxious about the baby having problems or anything normal people get anxious about Im getting anxious over the thought of SO not loving me, or how I will cope with LO taking getting all SOs attention. I hate myself for being this selfish minded but I cant get rid of the fear.

11/03/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search