C Section Mommies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2012, 01:09 AM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many weeks since your surgery?
Do you feel fully recovered?
How's that scar looking/feeling?
How long did you bleed for pp?

I'll be 16 weeks post op on Friday!
I feel pretty much recovered ...can do all the bending required, I'm aware of it though!
Scar looks great, I have been using silicone strips used to treat tummy tuck scars and WOW! the scar itself has started getting itchy - I checked it out and it's turning that silvery color so I guess it's healing up even more! The skin between my belly button and scar is still tender from how hard they had to pull me and the skin near the incision is still that strange numbish feeling!
I bled for 5-6 weeks! I thought the ol bod would give me a break but nope! LOL

So tell me how you're feeling!

September 27th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Super Mommy
How many weeks since your surgery? 14 weeks
Do you feel fully recovered? I had a really easy recovery. I was feeling like myself within three weeks and had full range of motion and all that - HOWEVER lol I tried doing sit-ups for the first time this morning OH WOW - up till now I'd been doing crunches only...whoops...I couldn't even do one without DH holding my feet (I used to be able to do sit-ups for days)...sigh, time for some serious core work
How's that scar looking/feeling? Everyone who checked it told me they'd done a "really good job" and they must have because I can barely see it and I haven't done anything to it beyond keep it clean.
How long did you bleed for pp? 2 weeks, I think it was maybe so short because they ended up suctioning me really good because my uterus wouldn't contract once they got baby out because I'd had 18 hours of labour pre-surgery and it was a little "stressed out" (lol surgeons words)
September 27th, 2012, 07:43 AM
first time mommy to be!
How many weeks since your surgery? 12 weeks tomorrow

Do you feel fully recovered? I was up on my feet in 2 days and had little pain. I can finally sleep on my stomach again and the numbness is almost gone- so yes almost there!

How's that scar looking/feeling? Ugh the rolls and maze of stretch marks over power it lol but looks good. it randomly hurts once in a while.

How long did you bleed for pp? 3 weeks

September 27th, 2012, 08:29 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
How many weeks since your surgery? 12 weeks

Do you feel fully recovered? I felt wonderful in the hospital the second day. the nurses couldnt believe id had a c/s, but was my 3rd one so I guess you could say Im a pro

How's that scar looking/feeling? its almost not noticeable and I had a tubal using the same incision at the beginning of August.

How long did you bleed for pp? lord have mercy, i bled the whole 6 wks, (only bled 2 wks with both my boys) then i had my tubal and bled for freakin 2 more weeks. i thought I was going to lose my mind.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
September 27th, 2012, 09:44 AM
wavrunnr's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many weeks since your surgery? 17wks today
Do you feel fully recovered? definitely
How's that scar looking/feeling? looks good and feels fine
How long did you bleed for pp? 6 wks

Mommy to 2 miracle IVF daughters and a miracle baby boy conceived without any medical assistance!!!!
September 27th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Super Mommy
How many weeks since your surgery? 12wks this Saturday

Do you feel fully recovered? for the most part... get burning ouchies in the muscle and the nerves are driving me crazy, and I definitely feel it after cleaning the barn!

How's that scar looking/feeling? Sometimes it feels weird, but it looks great when I feel like lifting up my blubber and using the mirror to make sure I'm not getting another yeast infection from the moisture

How long did you bleed for pp? 9 days
September 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by first.time.mum View Post
Do you feel fully recovered? I had a really easy recovery. I was feeling like myself within three weeks and had full range of motion and all that - HOWEVER lol I tried doing sit-ups for the first time this morning OH WOW - up till now I'd been doing crunches only...whoops...I couldn't even do one without DH holding my feet (I used to be able to do sit-ups for days)...sigh, time for some serious core work
I am 12 weeks post op and I had a similar recovery. It was pretty easy, I healed well, but MAN I can tell my core strength took a huge hit. I wasn't super strong in the first place, but I'm weak enough that I can totally see a difference.

My scar looks good. They used surgical tape to keep it closed rather than stapled so it's just a nice thin line. It's crooked though I have the numbness above the incision as well still. Sometimes it gets itchy, and I don't feel as much bulky scar tissue underneath anymore, which is nice.

I only bled for about 4 weeks.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
September 27th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Jessie O's Avatar Veteran
How many weeks since your surgery? 14 weeks Sunday
Do you feel fully recovered? Definitely.
How's that scar looking/feeling? Looks great, it was number two. Dr did a good job.
How long did you bleed for pp? 6 whoooole weeks.

I am working on core muscles, too. I'm up to 50 sit ups or leg lifts, depending on the day. I think working out before and during my pregnancy helped a lot.
October 3rd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Veteran
How many weeks since your surgery? 17 tomorrow i think
Do you feel fully recovered? yes for the most part, tummy is still numb and the skin can get sore if i am wearing something tight
How's that scar looking/feeling? it looks good pinkish color
How long did you bleed for pp? i di not bleed at all pp just some brownish discharge for 3 weeks. They cleaned me out really well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search