baby health

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM
first time mommy to be!
has your baby been sick yet?
What and when?
How long did it last?
how did you treat it?

Jax just had her first random fever day at almost 12 weeks. so far just today. I have been treating it with baby tylenol and BM but I have no idea what is wrong with her...

September 27th, 2012, 09:34 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
First off... your username is brilliant.

What and when? last month she had a sinus infection and this month a upper respiratory infection

How long did it last? sinus infection for about a week. still going through the URI which started Sunday.

how did you treat it? sinus infection was treated with antibiotics and nasal spray. The URI has no treatment We went to the ER and they ran RSV tests and did bloodwork, chest xrays to rule out pneumonia and all that. They said with a URI antibiotics wont fight it, just to keep her nose clean and use a humidifier. Her cough seems to be better, but she's still very restless at night, the coughing keeps her from resting and on top of that she's drooling from teething and the drainage isn't helping any.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
September 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have been lucky so far. Tristan has only had a stuffy nose from a light cold that went away within a couple of days.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolusername View Post
Jax just had her first random fever day at almost 12 weeks. so far just today. I have been treating it with baby tylenol and BM but I have no idea what is wrong with her...
How is she doing now?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
September 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
first time mommy to be!
My bf came home with a sprained ankle and I convinced him to go the walk in clinic (since it was a workplace injury). While there, I decided I might as well get the dr to look at Jaxen who was all warm and moaning. (breaks my heart).
Dr looked at her and much to my surprise found two little teeth poking through her bottom gums....mystery solved!
I wasn't expecting that!!

September 27th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
so far we have been good with jill. she has been a little stuffy lately, other than that we have been lucky (fingers crossed!)
September 27th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Jessie O's Avatar Veteran
has your baby been sick yet? Twice.
What and when?1st was a viral infection at 3 weeks, 2nd was a stuffy nose 2 weeks ago.
How long did it last? 1st one almost 2 weeks, 2nd about a week.
how did you treat it? 10 day NICU stay, for the stuffy nose we just got a humidifier and a nose sucker.
September 28th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor kid is fighting her 3rd cold. That's what happens when you have older siblings who bring germs home. The other two colds were very short lived. This one she's been hanging onto for a week. She doesn't have a fever or anything and is happy, so no Dr. visit.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search