Naps in Crib

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Ok I want to transition my baby to napping in her crib..
How do I do this??

She is still swaddled for sleeping at night and it is just wayy to hot to swaddle her during nap time, it's still in the high 90s and low 100s here in Orange County CA.

For naps she usually snoozes in her swing or on me. But I really need some "me time" and to not tip toe around her when she is in her swing. Do your babies swaddle at night but are okay to not be swaddled for nap time in crib?? Should I wean her from swaddling all together to help accommodate this?

We co-sleep at night, she sleeps on an extra "changing pad" that's up against my wall on my bed and she sleeps there but during naps would like to start her crib.

Just trying to see if any of your babies go down for naps okay without being swaddled but still swaddle at night.

September 29th, 2012, 05:54 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMommyx View Post
Ok I want to transition my baby to napping in her crib..
How do I do this??

She is still swaddled for sleeping at night and it is just wayy to hot to swaddle her during nap time, it's still in the high 90s and low 100s here in Orange County CA.

For naps she usually snoozes in her swing or on me. But I really need some "me time" and to not tip toe around her when she is in her swing. Do your babies swaddle at night but are okay to not be swaddled for nap time in crib?? Should I wean her from swaddling all together to help accommodate this?

We co-sleep at night, she sleeps on an extra "changing pad" that's up against my wall on my bed and she sleeps there but during naps would like to start her crib.

Just trying to see if any of your babies go down for naps okay without being swaddled but still swaddle at night.
When i start putting raini in her crib for naps, i stopped swaddling all together, but she wasnt a big fan to begin with.

i started off putting her in her crib to nap on her belly since i would be awake id be able to keep an eye on her and save my sanity she slept very well. the first night i put her on a boppy pillow which kept her hands down at her side so as not to startle her awake. shes been sleeping in her crib at night and for naps since she was 2.5 mths.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
September 29th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zia doesn't need to be swaddled. I just wait until she's sleepy, put her in a sleep sack if it's chilly and then put her in the crib. The twins needed to be swaddled for naps and night until at least 9 months. I would do the same routine with them. Wait until they were sleepy, then swaddle and lay them down.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

September 30th, 2012, 05:18 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
When I swaddled my son, I only did it at night and he did just fine at naptime. I just never have him nap in his crib though because I want him to associate the crib with bedtime and sleeping a long time. I used the bassinet in our pack and play for naptime until he got too big, now I just lay a soft blanket down on the floor in another room and let him nap there. He naps better on his tummy though so I usually let him and just check on him often.
October 1st, 2012, 07:12 AM
Super Mommy
my girl needs to be swaddled CONSTANTLY ... in order to get a sleep more than 15 minutes - have you tried swaddling her in a muslin dressed in nothing but a diaper? That's what we do when it's too hot
October 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM
Super Mommy
I have been wanting to move Adler to the crib for more naps also. I nurse him until he is sleepy then lay him down on his belly in the crib. It works for about 30 mins then he is up. I wish I could help him take a longer nap without it being on me. I love him in the wrap but its hard to get down and do things with him on me.
October 1st, 2012, 07:55 AM
first time mommy to be!
sigh. Jaxen only sleeps on me in the day. And that is usually in the wrap unless I want to be paralyzed for several hours on the couch. I love her snuggles but we can't get ANYTHING done!! plus I know I should get her out of this pattern soon.

At night she sleeps very well (through the night since she was like 4 days old) and sleeps on her own, snuggled in the bed with the pacifier. BUT she won't do this in the day. She will take little snoozes here and there and MAYBE up to half an hour in the swing or whatever but unless she is on me- no more than half an hour and then she acts miserable.

October 1st, 2012, 08:40 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I'm currently transitioning Layne to the crib. It took a few days of short naps in his crib, but now he is starting to nap longer in there. We bought a projection mobile and he loves it. It plays heart beat, jungle sounds, and soft classical music. Plus the spinning things and light projection keeps him entertained. Usually I feed and rock him until he is sleepy, and then I slowly put him in his crib, turn on the mobile and monitor, and then tip tie out. I will also say he co sleeps with us for the last part of the night. The first part is in his play pen in our room.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 1st, 2012, 10:23 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Thanks for the tips! Will slowly transition naps to crib!

October 2nd, 2012, 12:53 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolusername View Post
sigh. Jaxen only sleeps on me in the day. And that is usually in the wrap unless I want to be paralyzed for several hours on the couch. I love her snuggles but we can't get ANYTHING done!! plus I know I should get her out of this pattern soon.
Ethan used to only sleep on me during the day. I was like you, paralyzed for hours on the couch. I loved it, but I never got anything done. The way I broke him from that was I would lay him in the bouncer or swing (while awake), and I would sit and talk to him until he cried. Then I would pick him up and calm him down. As soon as he was calm, I would put him back in the bouncer and repeat the process a few times. Gradually he started learning that the bouncer wasn't so bad and he loves it now. He sleeps in there when he gets tired of playing. I still let him sleep on me some days when I want to be lazy, but if I have a lot to get done, it is nice to be able to lay him down to nap!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search