Weight lifting restrictions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2012, 06:23 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Having a weight lifting restriction is really aggravating
The limit my OB gave me originally was no lifting anything over 25lbs. At my appt on Friday she moved it down to 20lbs. She said typically she wouldnt give an actual number but she knows I'm a "well I do it" type of person, I'd lift something way to heavy & not even think about it.

Its driving me crazy, not that I'm running around doing weight lifting but just everyday stuff around the house.
Like last night had to call DH to come put a 25lb weight on the spot where the cat threw up to soak up the stain remover stuff Just irritating when I used to be able to do it by myself.

Anyone else given an actual weight limit?

September 30th, 2012, 06:30 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From 10 - 21 weeks, I was given a weight restriction of nothing heavier than a gallon of milk. Ugh, it was so frustrating! What helped is that I dedicated a white board in the kitchen as my "honey do" list and wrote down all the things I needed moved, lifted, opened, etc for when my hubby got home. Maybe you could do something like that?
I don't know the weight limit for a regular pregnancy, but I usually get help lifting anything heavier than my daughter, so 25 lbs.
September 30th, 2012, 06:42 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had and am still supposed to be on the gallon of milk restriction but it just does not happen around here. Elijah weighs 40 pounds and since he has been so needy lately I have had to carry him from the house to the car every morning. Since DH has been gone since last week I have carried in groceries twice and I know they were way over a gallon of milk. As long as you are not doing repetitive lifting over the weight limit I'm sure you would be fine.

September 30th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was never really given a number, but I have 2 toddlers, 1 is over 35 pounds and autistic and sometimes the only way he will go anywhere is if I carry him (plus lifting them in and out of cribs etc). I know I have had days where I have overdone it, but DH is never home so I don't have much of a choice.
October 1st, 2012, 05:57 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Hmm, no I was never given an actual number. Actually a couple of times I've moved something that was probably too heavy and I wondered if I should be doing it, but I was never told anything specific. I guess I need to start leaving those things for DH to do.

October 1st, 2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
Hmm, no I was never given an actual number. Actually a couple of times I've moved something that was probably too heavy and I wondered if I should be doing it, but I was never told anything specific. I guess I need to start leaving those things for DH to do.
That is why my OB gave me a number. She didnt trust me to make the judgements because of my I can do it mind set.

October 2nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering, why are you on a weight lifting restriction? Is it because of your placenta issue?

Ive never heard of that unless you're in PTL or something. Even when I was in PTL with my 2nd, my doctor never mentioned this. My other two pregnancies I was a nurse and lifted a lot more than 25 lbs!

Even now, my 1st is 34 lbs and my 2nd is 22 lbs and there are many days I carry them both. I even helped my hubby move furniture the other day, lol. Oh well.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 2nd, 2012, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I lift stuff/people at work all the time and I work with my ob and he hasn't said anything yet. If I started having problems or had placental issues I'm sure he would though. That would be REALLY tough for me to get around with my job though.

Daffney

October 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm SUPPOSED to have weight lifting restrictions but my doctor also understands that the whole gallon of milk thing is crap when you have a toddler. I guess I'm also curious as to why they put one on you? I'm assuming it's from your placenta issues, but so many people with physically demanding jobs (frequent lifting of larger weights) work until the day they give birth.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
October 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
It is because of my placenta issues. She doesnt want me lifting something that will cause me to strain.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search