Mom of the Week - BeckyBozeman!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2012, 09:19 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ask away!

October 1st, 2012, 05:48 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So Montana! I think my DH would love to live there...what's the best part about where you live? Is it as rural as one envisions when they think "Montana" - or do you live near (or in) a city?

How did you and DH meet? Could you share a wedding pic?
October 1st, 2012, 05:53 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
What country would you most like to visit?

Where is your favorite vacationing spot?

What is your one major confession this pregnancy?

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 1st, 2012, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So Montana! I think my DH would love to live there...what's the best part about where you live? Is it as rural as one envisions when they think "Montana" - or do you live near (or in) a city? Lots of Montana is every bit as rural as you'd imagine. My husband's family are ranchers on one side and I've been to a lot of dinky little towns and the family ranch is actually miles away from anything you could even call a town. We live in Bozeman, which is kind of an oddity for Montana. It's a University town, it's probably the 4th or 5th largest city in the state, and it's got kind of a city vibe without losing all of the small town feeling-lots of transplants, great nightlife, an amazing amount of cultural activities for a town this size and SO much outdoor stuff to do! I really love it and don't think I'd be able to live in any other part of Montana.

How did you and DH meet? Could you share a wedding pic? DH and I met on a dating website! I can't believe that's how it happened, but there it is! I actually was new to town and, after talking with a few guys was ready to delete my profile on the site. I hadn't even checked it for about a month. So when I got on to get rid of the thing, there was a very charming and clever email from this guy that I thought was pretty cute that he'd sent about a month before. I figured he'd probably have moved on and not be interested anymore, but I though what the heck and responded. We emailed back and forth for a few weeks, talked on the phone a bit (our first phone call lasted 7 hours!) and then went on our first date and have been together ever since!

This is one of my favorites from our wedding:

gardenbelle likes this.

October 1st, 2012, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What country would you most like to visit? I'd probably pick Scotland if I had to choose just one, but there are a LOT of places I want to go!

Where is your favorite vacationing spot? My mom lived in Hawaii for 8 years so for most of that time when I had vacation time that's where I'd go. I really love it there and hope that I can still get back every once in a while.

What is your one major confession this pregnancy? Probably that as much as I want this baby and as hard as the road has been to get her, I still have moments of doubt about if it was the right thing to do. It's mostly from self doubt and worry about what kind of a mom I'll be, but there's also some selfish thoughts in there about how our lives are going to change, what we're going to have to give up, how much harder things will be financially, etc. I'm pretty sure it's going to be completely worth it, but there are still times when I wonder...

October 1st, 2012, 07:25 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many siblings do you have?
Did you have a name picked out if you were having a boy?
Post some pics of your favorite vacation or spot you like to go to relax!

October 1st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have everything ready for baby?

Do you have any hobbies on the side that you like to do?

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 1st, 2012, 07:38 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whats your favorite baby purchase so far?

Hows your nursery coming along? Pic?

October 1st, 2012, 07:46 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
How many kids do you plan on having?

How long will you wait after Regan to start TTC again?

What are you most looking forward to about becoming a mom?

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

October 1st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How many siblings do you have? I have three, one sister and one brother. I'm the oldest but my sister is only 14 months younger than me and my brother is 18 months younger than her. I think my mom was not thinking clearly!

Did you have a name picked out if you were having a boy? Kind of... we knew tha the middle name would be David, after both my dad and DH's dad. And the first names we were looking at the most seriously were Callum and Malcolm. We did lots more back and forth on the boy name than the girl... the girl name we settled on easily the first time I was pregnant last year!

Post some pics of your favorite vacation or spot you like to go to relax!

This is the view from the condo we stayed at on Kuai last time:

This is a valley on Kuai that's just gorgeous:

And this is a lake not too far from our house and one of our favorite spots to go hiking and camping:

gardenbelle likes this.

October 1st, 2012, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you have everything ready for baby? It doesn't feel like it, but I know we're getting close. I think that we have most of the stuff, and I'm making good progress on the nursery, but I won't know for sure until I get everything organized and put away. I'm still working on my cloth diaper stash and my shower is in two weeks so I think by then we'll be in pretty good shape.

Do you have any hobbies on the side that you like to do? Hmmm... the last year and a half or so I've been pretty focused on this whole getting a baby thing. But I like to read a lot. I'm generally pretty crafty and I enjoy having projects to work on. I used to do a lot of theatre - I love acting and founded a theatre company with my last ex (which unfortunately crashed and burned about the same time our relationship did) and we had two seasons of some really good shows. I love to cook and bake and we frequently have dinner parties so that I can try new recipes or make something more fancy. I made and decorated my own wedding cake.

October 1st, 2012, 10:20 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooh...please share photos of said wedding cake!!!
October 1st, 2012, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here you go Maggie! Two of the tiers were a yellow butter cake with a chocolate ganache filling and the other two were a rich chocolate cake with a raspberry/Chambord filling. The picture behind the cake is a sculpture at Burning Man and where DH proposed to me! He sat me down on the L and sat down next to me and I wish I remembered more about what he said, but it was beautiful and I cried a lot!

gardenbelle likes this.

October 1st, 2012, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What kind of music do you listen too?

Do you want more kids?

How long did it take you to pregnant with your LO?

Daffney

October 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Whats your favorite baby purchase so far? We've been very lucky in that we've gotten a ton of hand me down items so we haven't had to buy much. I guess my favorite that I hope I'll love as much after she gets here is my arms reach cosleeper for next to our bed!

Hows your nursery coming along? Pic? I'm making progress. I now have the walls and ceiling and trim all painted. I'm starting on the mural tonight. Yesterday we went and got some mini blinds and another shelf/rod for the closet. We should be getting the crib and other furniture from our friends in the next week. Still have quite a bit to go, but it's coming! I'll take some pictures tonight or tomorrow and share them...

How many kids do you plan on having? We're not really sure at this point. We know at least two, and then we plan to see how we feel about more.

How long will you wait after Regan to start TTC again? Right now the plan is to start trying again when she's 9-12 months. I worry a little about it though because we don't have the best luck with contraception!

What are you most looking forward to about becoming a mom? Oh so many things! I've wanted to be a mom my whole life and it's taken quite a long time to get here. I can't wait for the snuggles and to see the smiles that are just for me. I really can't wait to see DH with her! He's so in trouble and doesn't really realize it yet!

October 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What kind of music do you listen too? Lately I've been listening to a lot of classical and instrumental stuff. But I love 80's pop music and classic country and a lot of world music.

How long did it take you to pregnant with your LO? We got our BFP on our second cycle of trying. Getting pregnant doesn't seem to be an issue for us... just staying that way! The first time I got pregnant last year we were using two different kinds of birth control!

October 1st, 2012, 07:29 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
In a normal winter how much snow can you have on the ground for Christmas? (No matter what your answer I will hate you )

If you could live anywhere else where would you live?

Is my thinking of where you are correct, of big ranches next to each other but miles away?

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
October 2nd, 2012, 06:20 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why do they both have to be Beckys this week! GUH! Now I'll confuse them.

What are you MOST looking forward to about this baby girl?

Are there a lot of tourists in Montana?
Becky_78 likes this.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
October 2nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In a normal winter how much snow can you have on the ground for Christmas? (No matter what your answer I will hate you ) Hehe... isn't that funny? I'm pretty okay with not having snow for Christmas after having it all my life! It depends of course, but when I looked at the info it says that the city generally sees about a foot of snowfall in December. We live kind of up above the city so we get probably twice that much. There's generally snow on the ground here from late October til late May.

If you could live anywhere else where would you live? I lived in NYC for a while and would love to go back... with kids maybe in one of the outer burroughs. I really liked parts of Long Island. But upstate NY would be nice too. Then I'd get to be by my sister!

Is my thinking of where you are correct, of big ranches next to each other but miles away? That's exactly right. You drive on the interstate and there will be nothing around, with the occasional city. The big ranches are thousands, or tens of thousands, of acres so sometimes the nearest place is miles away. Lots of stories in DH's family about fighting over property lines and such...

Why do they both have to be Beckys this week! GUH! Now I'll confuse them. Hehe... it's always nice to have a Becky week!!

What are you MOST looking forward to about this baby girl? Wow I'm not even sure... probably having that special relationship with MY little girl. I've got a huge family so I've always been around little kids and have had some very special relationships with some of them. But having this little person that's part me and part DH and getting to know her seems pretty dam cool to me!

Are there a lot of tourists in Montana? Oh yeah... between Yellowstone and the ski resorts near by we get people pretty much year round. More in the summer but there are quite a few in the winter too. We get people from all over the world, which is really fun. We also have a lot of celebrities that live in the area so we see them a lot. Michael Keaton is a regular at our store... I've helped Dennis Quaid and Jeff Bridges. Carrie Underwood was here last summer. There's a big community up on the mountain that's gated and people like Bill Gates own property up there.
Becky_78 likes this.

October 2nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah!! Becky week!!!!!

You may have said this before, but how did you end up in Montana? Does your family live out there?

I know you said it's city-like, how long will it take you to get to the hospital?

If you could have a super power, what would it be?

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search