Gtky 10/1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Blue_Jar_Mama
  • 1 Post By JoyfulChaosMama
  • 1 Post By Celry

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 09:36 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Im going to "TRY" to post a new GTKY Thread every day so we can all get to know each other more.

Today's question is...

How did you meet DH/SO?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
October 1st, 2012, 09:38 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We met when I was 14 and he was 15 at the mall. Love at first sight I suppose. 3 years later we were married. Married 10 years in May, together 13 next July.
The Lesha likes this.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

October 1st, 2012, 09:59 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
We met through a mutual friend of ours... To him he was a friend to me he was a friend from work! this was just over 6yrs ago! We went out for lunch and then he called me that night for a 2nd date.. Ever since then I think we saw and especially being married now 3 yrs are with each other every day!

October 1st, 2012, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We met while on vacation. I lived in the States at the time and he came down from Montreal to spend some days at the beach. One year of long distance relationship while I graduated from college. Married for 5 years now.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
October 1st, 2012, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
♥ We went to high school together. Started dating early in our senior year. We've been married for 18 years. We had just turned 19 when we got married.
dannimom likes this.

Mama to:
Nick, 19
Abby, 17
Gabe, 15
Isaac, 13
Mary-Kate, 12
Sam, 11
Henry, 10
Molly, 8
Mark, 7
Greta, 5
Cecilia, 4
Josephine, 2
Evie, born 12.31.13
Baby due in July!
October 1st, 2012, 11:24 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In line at a bar. It's a long story and I can't type it one handed while His sister and my friend exchanged our numbers.
Amazona likes this.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 1st, 2012, 11:31 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
We met in college and I hated him, no reason in particular. I started dating his friend and realized on like day 2 of the relationship that i was spending more time with dh than his friend, my feelings changed. i broke up the friend and invited DH over two days later to study and I kissed him. he was pretty shocked and kinda ignored me for a day, then came back to explain that he liked me since he met me and couldnt believe that i returned his feelings he gave me a promise ring 2 months later. we dated for 5 years before we were married and have been married for 7 years now.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
October 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
we met through mutual friends.
October 1st, 2012, 01:33 PM
first time mommy to be!
We both worked together at a bookstore but weren't friends just co-workers. I barely knew him. I actually was crushing hard on a co-worker who I later found out was his room mate lol. We used to all go out drinking in a big group. One day, I brought my sister to the bar to meet the group for drinks and just SO was there. at first it was awkward and he was like- do you want to leave? and I said- nah its a date. We all split pitchers and I just listened to him talk and I asked him a million questions. By the end of the night- I was thinking- man I really like this guy and totally started giving out clues but he was clueless. (My sister was the third wheel and totally annoyed lol)
Finally I said to him- so are you going to ask me out or what!? and he said- really? and I said REALLY! and we kissed. That was 10 years ago- November 15 2002.

October 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
Super Mommy
Dh and I met while working at pizza hut. He was going to community college and I was still in high school. We would stay late and eat ice cream in the dinning room.
October 1st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Jasmine.'s Avatar Mommy to Kay & Kennedy!
My sister is a hairdresser and she does his mom and aunt's hair. Make a long story short....he came along with his mom when she was getting her hair done (my sister was doing hair in our mom's basement at the time). He pursued me on and off for months and then in June 2007 he officially asked me out! That was 5 years ago.

October 2nd, 2012, 04:20 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
We originally met in highschool (I dated his best friend and they went to the same school). We met again almost 5 years later at a New Years Eve/Going Away party.. he was getting ready to leave for his first deployment. We've been together ever since that night.

October 2nd, 2012, 06:44 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Through friends on MySpace it'll be 5 years ago in Feb

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

October 2nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
We met at work, East of Chicago Pizza. I worked the sub sandwich station, he was a delivery driver. I was 16 & in high school. He was 21 & married. Don't judge, lol. We've been together for 14 years & married for 5. Been through a lot of stuff together. No one thought it would last. What's up now haters?! Lol.

October 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
Technically we met at our first semester of college, but I was dating someone else at the time and he was kind of a dating around type guy. A year and a half later, we were both at a party the night before my birthday and we kind of started talking more then. He asked me out a month later and we dated for just over a year before getting engaged. We had the wedding date set for May 2012, but ended up pushing it up to November 2011 when we found out I was pregnant!
October 2nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We met at work.
We had been working for the same company (Anheuser-Busch, Budweiser) for 2 years before we started dating. Him in IT, I was in Marketing.
We went away for 2 whole weekends with his friends "just as friends" and kissed when we came back after the 2nd weekend. Moved in together 3 months later (in 2003) and married 2 yrs after that!

October 4th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will attempt to make this short

We went to the same university, but didn't know each other. He transferred, I became friends with some new people sophomore year, he came to visit his good friend, whom was one of my new friends. Said friend was sneaky, told DH that I said he was "cool" or something along those lines, told me the same about DH. We hung out that night, he invited me to his grandparent's beach house a month or so later and we started dating that weekend...it's been 13 years!!

October 4th, 2012, 07:05 PM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
SO and I met when I moved in the apartment next door to him !!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search