What is your baby doing?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree43Likes
  • 2 Post By The Lesha
  • 1 Post By Kumii
  • 1 Post By The Lesha
  • 2 Post By Jasmine.
  • 2 Post By elizabethchallis
  • 2 Post By Jessie O
  • 3 Post By acj0890
  • 3 Post By Mommy-to-2
  • 7 Post By PaxtonsMom
  • 3 Post By Amazona
  • 3 Post By MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*
  • 3 Post By LindseyE117
  • 3 Post By Amchelle
  • 3 Post By Sophia's Momma
  • 1 Post By The Lesha
  • 2 Post By humnck
  • 2 Post By coolusername

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 08:50 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I was at the grocery store today and had Raini padded in the front of the cart and several people stopped me to ask how old she was, one in particular was a mommy of a 5 mth old who was impressed that Raini was holding her self up and not wobbling.

ofcourse I took a pic...

How is your LO doing with holding themselves up right?

Raini has a blanket behind her for padding, but otherwise she can sit up very well on her own. She seems to be ahead in some areas but behind in others. for instance when on her back on a playmat or in the crib, she will not roll from side to side, wont even attempt it, she just kicks like an upside down turtle. she isnt even trying to roll, she enjoys laying there and kicking. lol

Does you LO roll over?
Amchelle and humnck like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
October 1st, 2012, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Raini seems to be very strong ( and totally cute on that photo!!)
Tristan is also strong but I have not attempted to seat him this way yet, I though he would fall.. lol I tried our bumbo a couple of times, but he seems to not like it at all. While sitting on me he always uses his abs to get in a complete sitting position. I guess we are getting there.

He does not want to roll over at all. He did a couple of times while doing tummy time. I am not worried though, he has very stong legs and will probably walk very early like his brother. Rolling will come eventually.
Amchelle likes this.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
October 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think Josie is doing exactly what Josie should be doing. I hate comparing notes - I don't think it does a lick of good.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
October 1st, 2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumii View Post
Wow, Raini seems to be very strong ( and totally cute on that photo!!)
Tristan is also strong but I have not attempted to seat him this way yet, I though he would fall.. lol I tried our bumbo a couple of times, but he seems to not like it at all. While sitting on me he always uses his abs to get in a complete sitting position. I guess we are getting there.

He does not want to roll over at all. He did a couple of times while doing tummy time. I am not worried though, he has very stong legs and will probably walk very early like his brother. Rolling will come eventually.
she is very strong, has been from birth! Im not worried about the rolling either, im a big believer of babies do things at different times. Ive thought about getting a bumbo as well. With Raini in the cart, even though shes padded in with a blanket, I kept my hands on her, I was afraid she's fall forward and hurt herself. she's not quit ready to sit unattended, padding or not. Shes always been one who wants to sit up, she hates laying down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulChaosMama View Post
I think Josie is doing exactly what Josie should be doing. I hate comparing notes - I don't think it does a lick of good.
definitely not comparing notes as in saying one baby is better than another, nothing like that. just wondering what our babies are learning now. all babies learn at different times and in my opinion there isn;t one thing they should or should not currently be doing. Just curious, hope I didnt offend.
humnck likes this.

October 1st, 2012, 07:47 PM
Jasmine.'s Avatar Mommy to Kay & Kennedy!
She's not holding herself up yet but she rolls occasionally.

I can't believe Raini is holding herself up already! She looks so cute!

October 2nd, 2012, 05:47 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is sucha cute pic! Niko rolls from tummy. Hes getting really strong too we get compliments a lot that he seems older but it might be his big head lol sorry buddy

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

October 2nd, 2012, 06:28 AM
lol Raini has a big head too, well a big everything really. my little 7 lber has transformed into a toddler over night!

October 2nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Jessie O's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
for instance when on her back on a playmat or in the crib, she will not roll from side to side, wont even attempt it, she just kicks like an upside down turtle. she isnt even trying to roll, she enjoys laying there and kicking. lol
This made me laugh! Nicholas does the same thing. He's accidentally rolled over several times, but I don't think he's doing it on his own accord just yet!

I thought he was a serious baby, but he's all smiles these days! He babbles and grabs at things, blows bubbles, chews his hands, and is trying desperately to get his feet in his mouth. If only that big belly weren't in the way!
October 2nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
acj0890's Avatar Veteran
Aww how sweet. She's doing great at sitting up! I can prop Ethan up on like the couch or something and he will sit really straight, but then he leans to the side and falls over, so I have to keep a close eye on him. He will sit in the bumbo for a few minutes, but he doesn't really understand how to hold anything on his own yet, so he gets bored quickly.
The Lesha, Amchelle and humnck like this.
October 3rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Mommy-to-2's Avatar Veteran
i like comparing our babies, especially with the babies that are the same age (in weeks) as Zoey is. I just like seeing who is doing what and how my girls are compared.
Zoey has just started rolling over a lot and I noticed how strong she is getting too. She sits up really good in her Bumbo and can sit good on my hip I just keep my hand on her back just in case she tries to push back. Lesha, your little girl looks so cute in the buggy!

October 3rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh geez it's a fine, non offensive question. Normally if someone doesn't enjoy a topic, they don't comment. I apologize that this is the second time you've been greeted with a curt response when you've been starting valid conversation topics (last time it was your cereal question) . Please don't take that as a reflection of the nature of the ladies here.

ANYWHO.

pax holds himself up so well..like will just sit there and play with toys. Not rolling but is scooting! He's so fun!!!

October 3rd, 2012, 06:43 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seb can sit up like that but I don't know for how long. I always think I'm getting him tired and I'm scared he'll flop and get hurt (I'm such a chicken, hahaha).

He rolls from tummy to back but not always, just when it pleases him.
I've seen him trying to move from back to tummy but he's far from it yet.

He's just busy making teeth!

October 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
Hayden has rolled from tummy to back... he looks like he's trying to go from back to tummy... i can roll him with minimal guidance! he totally loves to sleep on his side now too! He's definitely getting much better on tummy time, ive sat him in the bumbo and jumperoo and he's able to hold his head well! if i place an object in front of him i can see him trying to take both hands to grab it... he actually shook the rattle today and put it from one hand to the other! (fluke?) he's definitely starting to discover his little voice! love it!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

October 3rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I don't think comparing babies is bad at all! It's nice to know what milestones are happening at the moment.

Layne loves his high chair. I sit him in it while I cook dinner and while we eat. He holds his head up great on his own. Plus he is rolling from back to stomach pretty well, he is laughing now, etc.. He is just getting so big!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 3rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love "compairing" our LO's, I think of it more as "Excited Mommy's wanting to share how well THEIR child is doing", its fun seeing what all they can do, and seeing how different every baby is, and knowing that just because my child may not be doing one thing and yours is, that's ok. I am so proud of EACH and EVERYONE of "OUR" LO's and can't wait to share in their growth and development!

Spencer will be 5mos tomorrow and can sit like that as well but I'm not sure how long since I'm too afraid to not keep at least a hand on his back (big chicken here too Paola, lol), but he is doing other things like grabbing things without any problem (if he wants it he takes it lol) he is rolling from back to tummy with no problems and has rolled from tummy to back a couple of times by accident I think lol. He is picking up on baby sign language (understands what we are signing, he smiles a big smile if that is what he wants, if its not he will look at us like we are nuts) he LOVES to scoot him self in circles on the floor.
The Lesha, humnck and PaxtonsMom like this.

October 4th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sophia's Momma
Jocelyn is just too content....lol....she has no interest in doing anything but laughing at her big sister. Actually let me take that back. She has learned to shreek. LIKE REALLY LOUD! It is enough to make your ears bleed. lol. It was cute for 2-3 minutes but got old fast!!! Good thing we love her!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggie!

My Scrapbooking Blog
October 4th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxtonsMom View Post
Oh geez it's a fine, non offensive question. Normally if someone doesn't enjoy a topic, they don't comment. I apologize that this is the second time you've been greeted with a curt response when you've been starting valid conversation topics (last time it was your cereal question) . Please don't take that as a reflection of the nature of the ladies here.

ANYWHO.

pax holds himself up so well..like will just sit there and play with toys. Not rolling but is scooting! He's so fun!!!
Thank you for that, but no need to apologize. I would never take one comment as a reflection of the board,I think this board is just great, I love being here and I hope everyone will continue to bear with me as i try to make a place here. Thank you again, I totally not trying to cause any conflict here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amchelle View Post
I love "compairing" our LO's, I think of it more as "Excited Mommy's wanting to share how well THEIR child is doing", its fun seeing what all they can do, and seeing how different every baby is, and knowing that just because my child may not be doing one thing and yours is, that's ok. I am so proud of EACH and EVERYONE of "OUR" LO's and can't wait to share in their growth and development!
I could not have said it better myself.
humnck likes this.

October 4th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Addy is rolling from back to tummy really well, she just rolled from tummy to back last night, pretty sure this time it was on purpose (last time it was an accident at 4 weeks old). She holds her large head up quite well, it was one of those overnight things...lol! She is a talker, she spent about 5 minutes this morning "talking" to DH, it was the cutest thing! Last night I was "tickling" her and she was laughing...I wish I had gotten it on camera, that wasn't the first time, but it was the first time she kept going with the giggles! LOVE it!

I can't believe all of our LOs are doing so much, it is so much fun to see these babies grow into people!!
The Lesha and Amchelle like this.

October 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM
first time mommy to be!
Jax is a pretty good sitter. She still needs support but with a little padding here and there- she'll sit happily like a big kid.
Rolling though- she won't do. And tummy time? she's not interested.
She's just beginning to reach out to her toys and put them in her mouth. She's teething and a hungry muffin so anything and everything she can - goes in her mouth.
She also likes to pull my hair and yell. Our little diva.
The Lesha and Amchelle like this.

October 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hannah wants to sit, but can't do it on her own yet. She flops over, but her head control is pretty much there. I haven't seen her roll yet, but that might be because I haven't given her much chance to do it. I need to lay her out on her play mat more often so she can work up to it.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search