Scary Appointment

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 06:09 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You know those days where you wish for a normal and boring appointment? Today is one of those days!

Had my 30 week check-up today (so far nothing has been off, my appointments are fifteen minutes. I go in, say the same things over again, HR and fudal check, and then I'm sent on my merry way).

Well today little Victoria's heart rate was tracing between 90 and 180. She would have random periods of no heartbeat and my uterus has grown 0, nothing, nadda. So I was sent up to Labor and Delivery, they checked me in, strapped me to a fetal monitor, and there I sat for close to four hours. Heart rate continued to fluxuate but nothing lower than 120 and nothing higher than 160. For an active LO, this was much improved from the office check. Doc just said no exercise, no lifting, and call if her movements change.

Tomorrow I have to go in for an ultrasound to check fetal growth. At first she said, "you're little and so I'm thinking you are growing out instead of up... we'll re-check growth next time." Then she re-measured and told me she wants me to go in tomorrow.

On top of everything, DH had a work call at 11AM and was told he had to go to a lovely conference in the Cities so he was not there.

Her heart was funky, she's not growing, and I all alone and hormonal. God please let everything be okay tomorrow...

October 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How scary Kelly And not having hubby there makes everything worse. Let us know how everything goes. I'm sorry If it helps, they freaked out on me once with Matty because I grew like 10 cm in a month and it was all positional. Maybe she's just in your back making it impossible to measure and hard to capture a good hb.

Daffney

October 1st, 2012, 06:18 PM
jamiemama90's Avatar Veteran
I'm so sorry to hear this. I pray that everything is okay. My sister in law went through something similar and they did an early c-section and she has a beautiful 7 month old now. KUP
TTC #2...and most likely our last baby.

Everleigh Alice Born 12/23/12 <3

October 1st, 2012, 06:26 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything looks good tomorrow. I agree that position can have a huge effect on measurement. It's a good sign that her HB was back to normal once they got you on the monitor.

October 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Scary Kelly... I'll be praying that everything looks perfect tomorrow and it's just an anomaly. Keep us posted and hang in there!

October 1st, 2012, 06:49 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!

Thoughts and prayers to you and Victoria! I'll be anxiously waiting for your update tomorrow.
October 1st, 2012, 06:56 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry you had such a bad appointment... they had a problem with my little girs heartrate at my last stress test and everything turned out normal so i will be praying you get the same news tomorrow. its a good sigh that her heart was normal once you got there maybe she was just laying different.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 1st, 2012, 07:02 PM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS))) I hope all is well and please keep us posted!!!

Our family is complete

October 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Ohhh Kelly, I'm so sorry all this happened and while you were alone.
I'm glad to hear her heartrate was doing better in L&D and praying you get good results from the US tomorrow.

Did she say is she thinking it could be IUGR or placental deteriation or something like that?

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
October 1st, 2012, 08:09 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be thinking of you and checking for an update tomorrow. Sorry you had to go through that alone!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 1st, 2012, 08:37 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear about the worrisome appt, Kelly. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and I hope you hear nothing but reassuring news at your u/s. Hugs!
October 1st, 2012, 08:45 PM
The Truth is out There
Sending you thoughts and prayers.

October 1st, 2012, 09:07 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Kelly! I'm sure everything will be fine and I'm hopeful that its was jur her position... I too will be watching for your update
Is DH gonna be able to go tomorrow?

October 1st, 2012, 09:17 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping tomorrow's appt goes better!! KUP!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

October 1st, 2012, 09:21 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Aww Try not to worry. They always freak out with any change because it's better to be safe than sorry. As for growth, you are definitely growing...just look at your pics! You are growing out for sure. And babies have a funny way of hiding when they want to and then bulging out when they want to. I'll be praying that your appointment goes better tomorrow. Sorry dh is not there to comfort you
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

October 2nd, 2012, 03:20 AM
I think I slept a total of two hours. DH doesn't seem too concerned as he is snoring louder then I thought physically possible. I kept having dreams of doctors appointments... It's crazy how these parenting fears follow a person everywhere.

My appointment time will be set the moment the u/s clinic opens. DH is home so he better be coming. He can bring the laptop and work while I drive.

Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers. She's moving around like crazy so I know she's alive, I just want her to be healthy... But then again don't all parents have that wish?!

October 2nd, 2012, 03:26 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I'm sorry you are stressing so hard. She's moving a lot and they did send you home so there must not be too much concern. Just try to get some rest and soon you will get your appointment and I'm sure everything will be fine.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

October 2nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kelly - I'm SO sorry that I wasn't here when this got posted! My poor DDB, I'm so sad that you have to worry like this. For what it's worth, I'm also tiny - and I GROW tiny...I routinely measure behind on fundal height measurements. With Marlowe, it prompted an extra 3 ultrasounds...all for her to pop out at 7 pounds 12 oz...and perfectly healthy. (But not before my OB tried to convince me to induce and take Marlowe early to "ensure" that she was okay...I declined.) Rebecca is right - some babies just like to hide a bit, and with as active as Victoria has been, I bet she was just playing a little hide and seek on you.

As far as the heart...well, we'll figure out what's going on with that tomorrow - but take heart (no pun intended) in knowing that thus far she has been perfect. There's no indication or reason to think that there's a real problem thus far...more likely it's just a little hiccup. Something that some day you can tell her all about how she scared her mommy - and she'll ask you to tell again and again...

Last of all..keep us posted please...if you need to talk, you've got my number. HUGS.
October 2nd, 2012, 05:54 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*hugs*

FWIW- I measure small too. The nurses in L&D ALWAYS comment on how if I'm so and so weeks along I should have a fundal height x amount higher than what it is. My doctor never seems to be bothered by it. My uterus is tilted so everything grows back. Could that be what it is?

I really hope your appointment goes well today! Thoughts and prayers your way!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
October 2nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
My uterus is tilted, but it's tilted forward. Who knows. I've been measuring dead on and now weeks behind.

The gut instinct says 'Kelly you're fine' but the FTM syndrome is playing the what if game.

Our U/S place actually opened at seven so I was able to make my appointment. 1215.

And now I get to strategically place my rear on the couch till then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search