Non existent appetite

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I haven't "wanted" to eat anything (except the cupcake) for almost a week now. I really have to force myself to eat. It's not that anything tastes bad, and the nausea is really not helping, I just don't want to. And when I do eat, I'm STUFFED after a small serving for literally five hours. It's quite uncomfortable actually. I don't know if it's because Callie is getting bigger or if it's that I'm depressed or what. So far, I haven't lost any weight but I haven't gained anything since mid August either. Anyone else???

Daffney

October 2nd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I've noticed my hungry all the time thing has definitely lowered a lot. I still definitely get hungry and like to eat, but I've cut out some of my usual snacks and a lot of the times I realize I'm only eating my snack because I'm used to bringing them and not necessarily because I was actually hungry.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

October 2nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get full SO fast lately! I think because the baby is bigger and has moved up higher, so it's simply that I don't have as much room for food anymore. I'm trying to remember to eat smaller portions more often, but sometimes I overeat (meaning I eat a normal sized meal) because I'm just used to eating a certain amount. Then I'm miserable for three hours... Fun times. haha
October 2nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have days where I don't want to eat anything and days where I eat like a horse. I'm not really sure what's up with that, TBH. When I do eat and eat, I'm not actually hungry though. I think it's boredom eating. Woops!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
October 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Yeah, that's me most of the time. Since I've barely gained weight since my low (I JUST hit a net gain of 0 at last appointment), she really stressed that I need to try to gain at least 10lbs this trimester. It's not going so well. Baby is getting bigger, but my lack of hunger and still having plenty of m/s is making that very difficult.
October 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gah, I'm having the opposite problem these days.
For the vast majority of this pregnancy I've been an average eater. Meaning, my eating habits haven't changed from pre-pregnancy, 3 meals a day, no snacks required...but for the past week I have been RAVENOUS.

Seriously, I couldn't even make it home last Friday, I had to call DH and tell him to meet me at a restaurant because I was too hungry to even THINK about cooking. I knew I'd get home and eat whatever I could immediately get my hands on...which likely would have been cookies, nutella and curious george snacks. Probably together.

October 2nd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
MMMM...I love Nutella. I don't buy it because I will spoon it right out of the jar and have the whole thing gone in a day or two. It's ridiculous.

Daffney

October 2nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES!!!! I feel like I never want to eat anything because of how crappy I feel afterwards. I've found if someone puts something in front of me, usually I will eat it and be happier and more energetic - but for the life of me I can't say "oh - I really want x,y,z for dinner"

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

October 2nd, 2012, 03:09 PM
The Truth is out There
Yep. And when something does sound good, I'll only manage a bite or two and then it just tastes awful.
Of course, I'm sick right now so I have no taste buds anyway, haha. It's so weird eating food and not tasting it, I started chewing a piece of bubble gum last night and then realized I couldn't taste it at all.

October 2nd, 2012, 03:26 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had no appetite,I've been eating like a horse and I'm hungry all the time. But eating every few hours helps a ton with the MS! Now the hard part is picking out healthy snacks...

October 2nd, 2012, 06:59 PM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like me too. My stomach must be the size of an olive or something at this point because I can't eat more than a few bites of anything before I feel full. My appetite is pretty much gone!
October 2nd, 2012, 07:14 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go back and forth between eating everything I can get my hands on to trying to come up with something that I will be able to stomach. I couldn't eat dinner tonight because I wasn't hungry, but now my DH is running out to get me a takeout tostada because I'm ravenous.
Sorry you are feeling down though, that sucks! Hugs...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search