Routine

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shanirah
  • 1 Post By Clutch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2012, 04:50 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
What is your daily routine?

--------------------------------------------

I know I haven't been on much and I apologize, especially to Angie. Work is my normal time to get on JM because it's one of the few times where I don't have to deal with kids and I have a keyboard. I hate typing on the ipad.

My daily routine:
  • 4:30 AM - Wake up for the day
  • 4:30 - 6:00 AM - Get ready. This includes but is not limited to: take shower, get dressed, brush teeth, get diapers ready for day care (cloth), get milk ready for day care, wash pumping bottles, wash diapers, get all my stuff to take to work
  • 6:00 AM - 6:30 AM - drive to work
  • 6:30 AM - 7:30 AM - check emails, get on facebook, get coffee
  • 7:30 AM - 8:15 AM - pump
  • 8:15 AM - 8:45 AM - breakfast in cafeteria (always oatmeal)
  • 8:45AM - 11:00AM - work, periodically get on the internet
  • 11:00AM - 11:45AM - pump
  • 11:45AM - 12:15PM - lunch
  • 12:15PM - 2:00PM - work, periodically get on the internet
  • 2:00PM - 2:45PM - pump
  • 2:45PM - 3:20PM - work and get ready to leave
  • 3:20PM - 4:00PM - drive to son's school and pick him up from after school day care, talk to him about school and homework
  • 4:00PM - 4:15PM - drive to day care to pick up baby
  • 4:15PM-4:30PM - drive home, unload car (my computer bag, day care bag, milk bag, pumping bag, purse and care seat with baby), let the dogs out, put away the milk, get myself a glass of water and if I am lucky something to eat
  • 4:30PM-5:30PM - feed and entertain the baby and talk to my son until my husband comes home and makes me something to eat
  • 5:30PM - 6:00PM - eat and play on ipad
  • 6:00PM - 6:30PM feed baby and put her to sleep. Most of the time I fall asleep too.
  • 6:30PM - 4:30AM - sleep and wake up to feed the baby anywhere from 3-5 times.

Sometimes I watch TV until 9:30 or 10:00. On Friday nights, I sometimes get to play games. Otherwise this is my schedule Monday-Friday. Saturdays I get more of a break and Sundays I have to watch the baby all day.
October 3rd, 2012, 07:11 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
Goodness, I don't know how you do it. I couldn't get up at 4:30. Did you have to adjust your time getting to work when you started pumping? I don't know the ins and outs on the pumping laws at work.

Well, my schedule is not nearly as set as yours, but here goes.

6:15 - 7:00 - alarm goes off. Get up, get Kat ready, get her cereal, Brandon wakes up, lays around on the couch. I get dressed. (Except on Tuesdays, Brandon gets ready to go during this time and eats breakfast).

7:00-7:10 - Final prep to get Kat out the door. She gets her shoes on, I check her backpack, brush her hair and put her on the bus.

7:10 - 7:37 - Brandon gets ready for school, eats breakfast. I usually eat breakfast at this time and have a cup of coffee. Tuesday's - he gets to play Mario Kart and we don't leave for school until 7:47 because he has to take his cello and can't play on the playground and leave it unattended.

7:37-8:00 Get him to school.

8:00 - 2:30 - I fill my day! Monday - cleaning and nursing and playing with Amelia.. Tuesday - Errands, nursing, playing with Amelia. Wednesday - Bible study til 11, first Wednesday of the month, second bible study at noon til 2:30 (2:15 for me), nursing and such. Thursday - Cleaning, nursing, playing with Amelia. Friday - outting! zoo, Garden of the Gods, whatever, usually with a friend.

2:30 - 7:30 - Get Brandon from school (except on Tuesday, he doesn't get home until 3:45 because of after school math club). Kat gets home at 3:10. Monday, we just hang out at home, Brandon does homework, Kat plays in her room, I usually cook a meal that night (we do alot of crock pot stuff). Tuesday - Brandon starts homework, we do a 5k walk at 5:30 - 6:30 and come home, have supper, Brandon finishes homework. Wednesday - a different 5k walk at 5-6. Brandon does homework before and after and we do another crock pot meal that day. Thursday, Brandon has piano at 3:30, we leave for that as soon as Kat gets home. We get home about 4:15 and I nurse until the sitter gets here about 5, then Amelia and I go on Fort Carson for my weight loss group (until 7). Friday - family night, I cook on this night too. 7;30 is medication time for the older two for bedtime.

7:30 - 8:30 - showers, getting ready for bed, Brandon does a quick sweep of his room to clean it. bed for the kids.

8:30 - 11:00 - nurse, watch tv, nurse some more. Try and get the baby to go down at a decent time.

3:30/4 - middle of the night feeding.

That is typically my schedule. Saturday's are family time and Sunday is church, lunch, nap, supper, lazy time, bed!
Shadeauxe likes this.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

Last edited by shanirah; October 3rd, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
October 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Clutch's Avatar First Timer
In our family, DH stays at home with the baby while I work full time. I wish I had more time to spend with the baby!

Monday through Friday:
4:00am-5:00am Get up and get ready for work (baby's still asleep, so I don't wake her)
5:00am-6:00am Drive to work
6:00am-3:00pm Work ... sometimes I get a lunch break, sometimes I don't
3:00pm-4:15pm Drive home, stop by grocery store
4:15pm-9:00pm Finally get to play with BABY! Cook/have dinner, do some chores
9:00pm-4:00am Sleep, and get up with baby whenever baby gets up

Saturday and Sunday:
We either have to travel across the state to take the baby to see her grandparents (boooo!!!) OR we get to stay home and play with baby all day (yay!!!!)
shanirah likes this.

Last edited by Clutch; October 3rd, 2012 at 09:31 AM.
October 4th, 2012, 05:59 AM
just_em's Avatar TANSTAAFL!
• 5.30 – Kid the first gets us all up. Sometimes the baby sleeps until 6.00 or even 6.30
• 5.30 – 7.00 – The Mr and I shower and get dressed for work, Kid the First gets fed and dressed, Kid the Second gets fed and dressed, lunches get made, etc. – general getting ready to go to daycare and work
• 7.00 – 8.00 – Both kids get dropped off at daycare (usually by me) and it’s off to work
• 8.00 – 9.30 – work work work work work work work work
• 9.30 – 10.00 – pumping time! I usually play a computer game while I pump – I find it much more relaxing than trying to work through pumping. If I’m REALLY overloaded, I’ll work through but I’d rather not…
• 10.00 – 12.00 – work work work work work work work work
• 12.00 – 12.30 – pumping session #2
• 12.30 – 14.30 – work work work work work work work work
• 14.30 – 15.00 – pumping again.
• 15.00 – 16.15 – wrap up work stuff and figure out what needs to be taken home to finish
• 16.15 – 17.15 – get kids from daycare and head home
• 17.15 – 19.00 – dinner, playing, baths, general kid and family time
• 19.00 – 21.00 – do all the stuff that needs done every day – dishes, bottles, laundry, and the like – and finish up any work stuff that has to be completed
• 21.00 – 22.00 – personal recreation (reading, games, movie, etc.), spend time with the Mr, or go to sleep – depends on the day!
• 22.00 – 5.30 – sleep! I love sleeping! Baby usually wakes up once or twice a night, but nursing in bed makes that easy…

Repeat each day, Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday we’re all still up at 5.30, but those days we spend lots of time with the children, work on household projects, visit with family, run errands, and more. The Mr usually takes the kids in the morning so I can sleep in a little on Saturday, and I return the favor on Sunday. Of course, these days ‘sleeping in’ means 6.30 am, but still… We also typically try to give the other a few hours to one's own on the weekends, for pursuit of personal projects or hobbies, or just to mellow out.

October 4th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Veteran
Shadeauxe - my schedule is similar to yours.....hahaha...

5:00am - up for the day - feed baby, prepare bottle for DH so he's not scrambling in the morning whenever baby gets hungry
6:00am - get ready for work - take dog out, feed dog
6:30am - leave for work - pit stop at Dunkin Donuts
7:15am - at work, random internet time, mostly work & meetings
9:15am - pump
10:00am - back to work
11:30am - working lunch (most days so I don't have to work at night when I get home)
1:15 - pump
2:00 - back to work
3:30 or 4pm - leave for the day to go home yay!!
6:00pm - feed baby
6:30pm - mommy baby time (walk to the park etc)
7:00pm - torture baby in her 'jail' i.e. practice sitting up/tummy time
7:20pm - bath time
7:45pm - good night daddy - and down to her room where I feed her & if lucky she's out by 8pm
8:30pm - mommy daddy time aka SLEEP
1:30am - baby middle of the night feed - if I can't sleep I log back in and do more work (yes I'm crazy)
5:00am - all over again...
October 5th, 2012, 12:14 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
6:00 am- Get up, feed the babies, get them ready
7:00 am- take a shower, put on make up, get dressed eat
8:00 am- take twins to the babysitter, go to school
8:30- start school
9:30- morning break/pumping
10-12- More school
12:30-1:30 Lunch break/ pumping. I dont think I'll ever get used to having my boobs out school and I have to pump in the nurses office its pretty awkward so I made of video of the babies and I watch it while I'm pumping and it helps a lot
1:30- Pick up the babies
2:00- 7 I don't really have a set schedule. I just feed them on demand when I'm at home with them. I do some cleaning and some cooking sometimes I run errands. I watch some tv and read sometimes. Sometimes I'll go on an outing with them
7- eat dinner, settle down, do some homework
8-11 bathe babies, feed them, try to get the twins to sleep
October 9th, 2012, 08:48 AM
JenJen3574's Avatar Super Mommy
5:30a - wake up, get dressed, eat a bowl of cereal
6am-7am - work from home on the laptop for an hour
7am - get Clara up and dressed and nurse her
7:30am - 8:20 - pump - then get Katie up, dressed, fed, ready for school, yell at her to comb her hair and brush her teeth about 15 times, have a fight with her about whether she gets to watch cartoons because she is taking too long
8:20 - leave the house with Clara and Katie
8:30 - drop Katie at elementary school
8:40 - drop Clara at daycare
9:30 - arrive at work
12:30 - leave work (eat lunch sometime before I leave work)
1:15p - pick up Clara from daycare
1:30p - nurse and put Clara down for a nap
1:50ish - pump
2:15p - take a nap or possibly eat lunch if I didn't get time at working - maybe pay bills or do other tasks I've been putting off (today I might clean the fish tank - ugh) I might also prep an easy dinner for DH to put together during this time.
3:00p - Alex arrives home from high school - harass him about his grades, especially the missing assignments I saw on his high school's gradebook web site. Ask him about his work schedule and make sure he is going to have something to eat before he leaves for work at 5pm.
3:15p - leave the house to pick up Katie
3:30p - arrive back at home with Katie, harass her into getting ready for dance class - argue about having to put her hair up like her dance teacher wants, nurse the baby
4:00 - 7:00p - Katie's dance, swimming, or religion classes (depends on day of the week, tonight she has ballet and jazz) baby comes with me
5:20 - 7pm - eat dinner, nurse, feed baby, time depends on the day of the week - some nights DH puts together an easy dinner that I prepped and has it waiting but other nights I have to make or pick something up
6 - 7:30ish - again time depends on the day of the week and what activities we have - homework with Katie (math flash cards or word problems, spelling drill, worksheets)
7:30 - 8 - watch TV as a family (might start earlier if done with homework earlier)
8pm - Katie's bedtime - tuck her in, say prayers, make sure she has a book to read for 30 minutes that is the right reading level for her (last part of her homework for the night). Then nurse the baby until she falls asleep and settler her in her crib for the night.
8:30pm - tell Katie lights out, then complete her parent sign-off sheet for her homework and make sure she has all permission slips and information sheets read and signed for the next day of school. Pack her a snack for school tomorrow
9pm - watch TV, have a healthy snack
9:30p - get ready for bed, lay out clothes for tomorrow, pump
10pm - supposed to be lights out, but sometimes I read til 10:30p

3- 3:30am or so Clara wakes up for a middle of the night nursing

Whew!
Once a decade, right?

October 14th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Super Mommy
5:30am - Jeremy and Madison get up, eat, get ready, she freaks out about running late, out the door to get her to school for volleyball/basketball practice by 7:10. He goes to work.

6:30-7:00 am - Me, Joshua and Meagan get up, Matthew stays asleep. Meagann & Joshua get dressed, eat, brush teeth, brush hair, then go to computer, XBOX or phone until ready to leave for school. I make lunches, prepare water bottles, sign binders/folders, make/pack snacks, Matthew gets up, change his diaper, nurse if time allows.

7:40 - Leave to drop Meagan & Joshua off at school. Stop at a park to walk. Come home and nurse Matthew to sleep.

9:30am - Mon-Fri varies on what is going on. Clean upstairs bathrooms, downstairs bathrooms, LAUNDRY, dishes, eat breakfast and lunch, do a walking video, play with Matthew, nurse/feed solids throughout the day, go eat lunch with Meagan & Joshua, run errands, get texts from Madison about her day, computer/ipad time.

2:30pm - go sit in pick-up line

3:00 - get Meagan & Joshua and go to Madison's school to wait for her.

3:45 - Madison gets in car, drive home

4:00 - homework

5:30 - dinner

We try to fit a family walk/park time in everyday.

Monday nights, Cub Scouts, walk trails, dinner, baths, stories, bed (7:30-8 Matthew, 8 for Joshua, 8:30 Meagan, 10:00 Madison). Jeremy & I t.v. time

Tuesday nights - 6-7 football practice, 6:30-8 volleyball practice, bedtime routines

Wednesday nights - 7-8 basketball privates 2 towns away

Thursday nights - volleyball game 5:30 (some nights here in town, other times out of town), 6-7 football practice, 8-10 pick Madison up after games at school

Friday nights - 7:30 football games to watch niece perform with drill team.

Saturday mornings - 8am football game, 10 & 11am volleyball games, usually a birthday party or play date for Meagan or Joshua.

Sunday - chill

Joshua - 11/02/05
Matthew - 2/17/12 - Born at 33 weeks 5 days

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search