polyhydramnios - I'm done.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By zubeldia
  • 2 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2012, 05:17 PM
zubeldia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone else dealt with excess amniotic fluid? Mine has been on the higher end since 30 weeks, and while it was in the normal range until last week, it's been a misery fest. I woke up this morning with am extremely large pocked of fluid in the front of my stomach and wasn't able to feel the baby at all because he's swimming around in a swimming pool in there! My midwife had me come in for a non-stress test at the hospital and she confirmed that I do indeed have crazy amounts of fluid. Last week the scan showed I was just on the cusp of abnormal and my levels have almost certainly risen substantially.

I cannot describe the discomfort. All my organs are crowded out and it's very difficult to breathe.

It is the first time I have been close to wanting to be induced. My due date is on Thursday and we'll talk about an end point, I'm sure. I'm still throwing up because of the hyperemesis, I was on bed rest for weeks, and now this!!!!

So grateful to be cooking this baby still but... you know, I've also had enough. My patience has escaped me.

rafi and charlie by zubeldia36, on Flickr
October 6th, 2012, 05:22 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Oh you poor thing. I have not experienced this but as you know Samson was very big and took up every nook and cranny of my torso, so I greatly sympathize with your discomfort. I hope he decides to come very soon for you. And I hope your water waits to break at the hospital!
October 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have personal experience, but a friend of mine who just had a baby had this same exact problem. She was 41 weeks and I know I shouldn't say this... but she was HUGEEEEEEE. Literally gigantic. They did an ultrasound and found out she had about five times the normal amount of fluid.. They had to induce her right then and there. She literally soaked an entire hospital room with amniotic fluid. They put one of those huge buckets under her and she filled it up almost instantly! The doctor had to go change his scrubs because she soaked him from head to toe... hahaha! If you could have just heard the way she described the whole ordeal you'd be cracking up...

But I am really sorry your'e dealing with this. Before they induced her she was absolutely miserable I REALLY hope you go into labor naturally on your own very soon!

October 6th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks, Kristen! I did actually say a small prayer of thanks that this baby wasn't huge... just very average!

Leanna, I feel lucky that I am not looking insanely big. I'm actually measuring small - which is crazy - but I'm measuring 3 weeks behind and I have a very average sized baby (52% percentile on my last scan). I must be hiding the kid somewhere and then the fluid is taking up every other bit of space. But it's so uncomfortable... Argh.

And, K, YES, the idea of my waters breaking anywhere but the hospital sends a shudder down my spine. But I am actually dreaming of it all gushing out just so I can get a bit of relief!

October 6th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds miserable. I can't blame you for wanting to be done. Hang in there!
zubeldia likes this.
October 6th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Have you tried the baby come out track? I have it if you want to log in to iChat, I can send it that way. It's too large to email. Or I can upload to an ftp server.
bryan and nina likes this.
October 6th, 2012, 05:52 PM
That's such a great idea! I do have it...Thanks so much for the suggestion.
bryan and nina likes this.

October 6th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Oh good. The fact that you have reached the point of just being done may be a good sign. That's when I went into labor with Sam. I started having pre-e and I was an emotional mess and he came the next day. You are so close. Could you try acupuncture like Jill? I'm hoping you are next!
bryan and nina and zubeldia like this.
October 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I'm going to set up an acupuncture appointment for Friday. My midwives don't like you to try anything before your due date, though honestly I am soooooooo ready to not be pregnant that I may see what happens at my u/s on Tuesday. If my levels haven't decreased then I'm going to call my midwife and beg them to tell me it's okay to have an appointment that day or Wed. I may even ask about a membrane strip (been following your post with interest). Awwwwwww. send 'baby out' thoughts my way! My fav midwife is on call, too

October 6th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Super Mommy
That sounds so uncomfortable - I hope acupuncture/positive thinking/some other method helps get your little one on the move!
October 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! I didn't even realize that could happen but I guess if you can have low fluid you can have excess fluid.

Fingers crossed your water breaks somewhere you're not obligated to mop it up.
October 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I wasn't inferring you were huge at all! You look GREAT! My friend's story was just a freak of nature type thing! Lol.

I'll be sending good baby-out vibes your way

October 6th, 2012, 07:32 PM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
Sounds SO uncomfortable, I'm sorry! Sending some good vibes your way and I hope baby's time to come out is near.

October 6th, 2012, 08:14 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the same problem with dd but it was just water, nothing more. They were worried baby wasn't developing or something but there was no problem. I just had lots of fluid. Hope your discomfort goes away and hope baby comes smoothly and soon. Hugs.

Sisters, friends forever
October 7th, 2012, 03:23 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Oh my goodness, I didn't even know you were still dealing with hypermesis and now the extra amniotic fluid.... You poor thing!
I would definitely start using the Baby come out track!! It's supposed to be very powerful. I have it as well and I've honestly been thinking of using it this upcoming week since I would like for her to be born on the 11th. But then I second guess myself since I feel selfish for trying to evict her, just because it's our anniversary and I honestly don't even know what the chances would be of her being born on the 11th! Oh well, we will see.

October 7th, 2012, 04:33 AM
JillN31's Avatar Veteran
Awww, I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. I hope baby comes out soon for you!

Brady James, Sullivan Thomas, and our newest addition Colin Robert born 10/10/12.
October 7th, 2012, 07:32 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenpie View Post
Have you tried the baby come out track? I have it if you want to log in to iChat, I can send it that way. It's too large to email. Or I can upload to an ftp server.
What is the baby come out track? Is it music?
October 7th, 2012, 09:17 AM
It's part of the hypnobabies program. It's an additional track that you can buy. It's similar to the other self hypnosis tracks but this one focuses on encouraging your body to start labor and encouraging baby to get ready to be born. I have to say I listened it to a few days in my last pregnancy with no luck but I have heard it work very well for others.
kristap4 likes this.
October 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope baby comes for you soon!
October 7th, 2012, 09:26 AM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenpie View Post
It's part of the hypnobabies program. It's an additional track that you can buy. It's similar to the other self hypnosis tracks but this one focuses on encouraging your body to start labor and encouraging baby to get ready to be born. I have to say I listened it to a few days in my last pregnancy with no luck but I have heard it work very well for others.
Oh, i had never heard of it before, but I don't use hypnobabies...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search