Does your baby have tummy time?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BlessedMommyx
  • 1 Post By MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*
  • 1 Post By Mrs.Julie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 08:20 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
How often?

I try to let Raini play on the playmat or in the playpen atleast 10 mins a day but she absolutely hates it. She'd rather be in the swing or the johnny jump up or in my arms. She likes to sit up.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
October 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, Addy finally likes it...she plays for about 10-15 minutes at a time, I try a couple of times a day when I am home. Sometimes, I put her on her mat to play with the hanging toys and she immediately flips to her belly...sometimes it makes her mad

She now sleeps on her belly too!

October 8th, 2012, 09:52 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Arie used to like it, but when she turned 6 weeks old she started rolling over so tummy time is non-existent now I still put her on her tummy several times a day, but she automatically flips over. I am putting her in her swing more now.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

October 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Wow Raini will not roll over, she isn't the least bit interested, just kicks her feet then starts screaming after about 5 mins.

October 8th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tistan gets it whenever his active time is not after a meal. He loves being on his tummy, but not for too long. It helps to put something that makes lights and sounds in front of them or I simply get down and talk to him myself. Use a pillow under baby's chest to get used them to the tummy time and to work on her heck muscles.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
October 8th, 2012, 01:17 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
McKinley absolutely hates Tummy Time!!
I've tried everything from laying on floor with her, to putting toys in front of her, trying to get her distracted and it all fails.. she hates it with a passion. She won't roll over because she is too busy screaming lol.
The Lesha likes this.

October 8th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
jill loves tummy time. when she is fussy i will lay her on her belly and she calms right down. she does it a few times a day.
October 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
Chase HATES tummy time !!!!!

October 8th, 2012, 03:04 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
Ethan is not a big fan of tummy time. I can get him to lay down long enough to lift his head and then he lays down and starts screaming. If I don't turn him over fast enough he kicks until he rolls over. Once he is on his back he is fine.
October 8th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Spencer enjoys tummy time as long ad he is not hungry or tired. He doesn't stay on his tummy too long before he rolls over. When he rolls over I will turn him back over and he smiles really big and laughs then turns over again, he thinks its a game, and it was cute at first jow its just tiring lol. He has turned from back to tummy several times, he is just lazy about it lol.

October 9th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMommyx View Post
McKinley absolutely hates Tummy Time!!
I've tried everything from laying on floor with her, to putting toys in front of her, trying to get her distracted and it all fails.. she hates it with a passion. She won't roll over because she is too busy screaming lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acj0890 View Post
Ethan is not a big fan of tummy time. I can get him to lay down long enough to lift his head and then he lays down and starts screaming. If I don't turn him over fast enough he kicks until he rolls over. Once he is on his back he is fine.
that is Raini!! Im glad im not the only one. I just keep trying every day to see if she'll like it.

October 9th, 2012, 08:06 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
yep! during every "play" session. he does quite a bit per day and loves it... my daughter though at first used to hate it and i forced it although she'd last only 2min before crying i'd try to do some 2min MANY times during the day. Thankfully this one is much easier in that sense. He does get annoyed after awhile...
The Lesha likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Yes she does ok, but lately she gives up and lays there biting her fist. And I just realized I'm on June ddc, ha! The July ddc is dead.
The Lesha likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Julie View Post
Yes she does ok, but lately she gives up and lays there biting her fist. And I just realized I'm on June ddc, ha! The July ddc is dead.
Alot of July has come to us, you are welcome to hang around!

October 11th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, he likes it... he mostly naps on his tummy so it doesn´t really bother him.
But not like I can leave him like that forever... he gets annoyed after a while like every other baby

October 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never heard of 'tummy time' until we talked about it here a few months ago! LOL! (I asked my almost 18 year old if he feels slighted and he looked at me quizzically!)

Josie sleeps on her belly at night -other than that she is held or sits in her papasan chair here and there.

Mama to:
Nick, 19
Abby, 17
Gabe, 15
Isaac, 13
Mary-Kate, 12
Sam, 11
Henry, 10
Molly, 8
Mark, 7
Greta, 5
Cecilia, 4
Josephine, 2
Evie, born 12.31.13
Baby due in July!
October 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Super Mommy
Adler really likes laying on his tummy during the day. He has started rolling around a bit when he gets time on the floor while we play with big sister. He is really content on his belly which surprises me, his sister only wanted to be on her back never her stomach.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search