Child Predators

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By MissusF
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My oldest was almost abducted yesterday. A car pulled up near her while she was in our driveway, and opened the door. I heard a man's voice, but when he heard me call Alice to me the door closed, and they drove off. I always watch her when she's out; I'm normally out with her except when she's on her trampoline. It has a net and a tent around it. Guess I'll be out then from now on.

The police came, and tried to ask Alice questions, but she couldn't respond. =P They think they saw the car, but didn't stop it at the time. They will question him if they see him again, do a background check.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
October 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Oh my God, Arwen, thank God you were looking at that exact moment! That is terrifying. I am totally paranoid about things like that and I'll probably be using the monitor to listen for strange sounds in Robby's room until he turns 13 and I start WISHING someone would take him off my hands, lol (jk). I hope that guy gets busted before he does anything.

October 9th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'm just hoping it was a creepy coincidence, and that I read the situation wrong. Maybe they just happened to pull to the side of the road there and needed the door open? Maybe they realized how creepy they were being and closed the door and left? Probably not. I still hope, though. We're going to start waiting in the house instead of at the end of the driveway for the bus, and we decided to install a 6.5' wooden fence around the majority of our property. I don't even want to think about the cost of fencing in an acre and a half! Starting that project in January with the help of our taxes.

October 9th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I hate that the world is turning into this. I miss Andy Griffith days.

October 9th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I think the world is better. When my mother was little, she was repeatedly molested by one grandfather and one step grandfather. Only her mother and grandmothers knew, and they kept it hush hush. Things like that happened constantly, like today, but men were not punished as they are now. Or sometimes women. I had a coworker to say something to me sexually once, and he was fired on the spot. I wish an Andy Griffith time really existed, but I don't think any child was ever that safe.

I worry for Alice because she can't tell us when things happen. Over 90% of rapes happen to mentally disabled people. I want to get her lojacked.
Blue-Jay likes this.

Last edited by Spyctre; October 9th, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
October 10th, 2012, 07:43 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is terrifying. Thank God you were standing there and saw it. Otherwise who knows what would have happened. I really doubt it was a coincidence. No one in a car has any business stopping to talk to a 4 year old. I am terrified of something like this happening when Claire is older. I'll be a helicopter mom for sure lol.
Spyctre likes this.

November 14th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Super Mommy
I have to agree, I read my great grandmas book and she got repeatedly raped by her brothers. It was sick. I can't imagine the fear of my child being abducted, and I'd probably be doing the same thing, building a tall fence!!
November 14th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom was molested by someone from her grandfathers church!! She doesn't talk about it much but I know it happened.

This is part of the reason I want to get a big dog for Holland when shes big enough. Like a big dog. A dane or something. Most people don't realize they are gentle giants, they are just afraid of size. A fence or gate around our property wouldn't be a bad idea either. Part of the reason I want to move. Our street is busy and it wouldnt take more than two seconds. Our neighbors girls are always out in the front yard and it worrys me to no end. I'm always watching them because their parents dont.

November 15th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Yeah, it's pretty crazy how some parents don't mind not watching. Even though my mom was molested, she would let me ride my bike clear across my hometown alone when I was only 6! Like we lived in the very front of town, and I'd ride into the bayou or clear to the back by the cotton fields. I was allowed to be out alone on my bike in a city just a year or two later. I don't think I'd ever let my kids out alone like that. Maybe teenagers with several years of martial arts under their belts. lol

November 19th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Crazy! I'm so glad nothing bad happened!
Spyctre likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search