pre-prepping meals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leanne78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Veteran
Who else is prepping meals ahead of time? How many meals are you hoping to get?

I currently have about 35 meals ready to cook/re-heat and am planning on trying to get to 60.
October 9th, 2012, 12:28 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did mine at the end of august. I have 30 dinners, and 30ish breakfast burritos which won't last long between the kids and DH. That's all I'm doing.

October 9th, 2012, 01:17 PM
canarycream's Avatar Experienced
yikes. that sounds like a ton. Good job. you will love having so many!!
October 9th, 2012, 01:33 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
We just had a friend give us an old freezer for our garage, so we'll be able to do more now. My friends are also throwing me a "stork the freezer" shower in a couple of weeks. Right now I have a couple of loaves of banana bread and some green chile stew in the freezer. My MIL is coming this weekend and I'm thinking we'll end up making some stuff - like spaghetti sauce with hamburger, breakfast burritos, etc.
October 9th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by meddleman View Post
We just had a friend give us an old freezer for our garage, so we'll be able to do more now. My friends are also throwing me a "stork the freezer" shower in a couple of weeks. Right now I have a couple of loaves of banana bread and some green chile stew in the freezer. My MIL is coming this weekend and I'm thinking we'll end up making some stuff - like spaghetti sauce with hamburger, breakfast burritos, etc.
That all sounds amazing!!
October 9th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't be. The breakfast burrito thing may not be a bad idea. I may do something like that, but for regular meals, DH can cook. He usually does anyway.

October 9th, 2012, 02:44 PM
~l~
I started, but then I cooked all of the meals that I had made Planning to do more this week and weekend and will TRY not to cook until baby arrives!
October 9th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
I've got a few dinners already saved, but I'm not sure how many. My friends are also going to help out after the birth. I'm not sure of all the details, but they have some sort of schedule set up to bring me meals for a couple of weeks. I have to say, there are amazing women in my life.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

October 9th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Veteran
I really want to but I just have not had the energy
October 9th, 2012, 08:57 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made 18 meals on Saturday, and this Saturday I'll do at least two weeks worth. That'll give me enough for a little over a month. I also plan on making some banana bread and some pies, because I love that stuff in the fall but know I won't have the energy to make them once baby comes. I won't be doing any breakfast foods, but I do plan to make up a bunch of PBJs and freezing them for a quick lunch item.

October 10th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I had all these grand intentions of doing this, but I just gave up. I told DH he already does most of the cooking, so he can just keep it up. He needs to earn his keep anyways.
JNIEVES likes this.

October 10th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to start soon. I plan on buying a ton of hamburger meat this week to make into patties, meatballs and cook crumbled for casseroles. I also plan to freeze veggie soup, chili, pancakes, several types of muffins, mashed potatoes and several other things I can't think of yet. I can't start to early though because w/ 8 kids they'll eat it all before the baby even comes, lol.

October 10th, 2012, 07:07 AM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
So far I've made turkey meatballs, hamburger taco meat, chicken tortilla soup, potato soup, homeade refried beans and I turned those into bean and cheese burritos.
I'm planning on doing a few casseroles, terriyaki chicken, spaghetti sauce, chili, zucchini bread and banana bread!
October 10th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Veteran
I wont do any. My hubby is a real good cook. He doesnt mind.

October 10th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I have just started doing mine, i have a few batches of mini cupcakes in the freezer for my two toddlers, a few containers of devilled sausages and then small dinner sized portions of curry sausages for hubby when he has to work late. I will be doing a big lasagne this weekend then that'll be it. Ill just make sure I have some easy cupboard dinners handy aswell like pasta snacks etc. I plan to cook most nights if I can but I have pre-prepared a few meals for those crazy days where baby wont settle or is cluster feeding. Having 3 under 3 I still remember what it can be like at dinner time with a newborn :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search