twin trouble

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so i had this all typed out on my ipod and then it crashed so here i go again. I know i have been MIA this week. tuesday i was sent from my nst to L&d again. they did a growth scan and baby a only gained a few ounces in 2 or3 weeks but baby b gained 2lbs. they are now watching her really close to see if they need to get her out early. i went to my regular ob yesterday where my bp was up. he said he is going to talk to my hr dr to get a game plan as to what needs to be done besides watching her to make sure she is growing. They really dont know yet because she is passing everything else. her heart rate stays normal and all of her organs are there and seem to be doing normal she just isnt getting big as fast as he is. i go back to my hr dr tomorrow so hopefully we will have some answers then. i really dont want to go back in the hospital as it was the worst hospital i have ever been to. first they make you set in the waiting room until they are not to busy rather you are in labor or going in for testing. then my nurse pretty much said i was lying when i told her what was going on. she told me it doesnt make sense. well it may not make sense but that is still something you shouldnt tell a pregnant lady that has just been told one of her kids isnt growing. but anyways thanks for letting me ramble lol i will update with more when i know more.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 11th, 2012, 07:35 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Geez, Barbara, I hope that things get better with your baby girl! Tell that little boy to stop being such a bully and let his sister get some nourishment too...
October 11th, 2012, 07:39 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear, how scary. I hope baby a catches up with her growth and please keep us posted. Sending prayers and healthy vibes for both the twins and for you.

October 11th, 2012, 07:39 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs, I hope she starts growing!

I just don't understand why some nurses are like that.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

October 11th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh jeez - I hope she hits a growth spurt soon!! T&P's are with you and your babies!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

October 11th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Oh wow, I hope baby girl starts catching up! And how rude of that nurse to say that. So sorry you're having to deal with this!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

October 11th, 2012, 07:53 AM
thanks ladies...i knew he was a bully from the start but now its just mean lol im sure she is fine as she is developing just small. i know someone that had her twins at 32 weeks at the same hospital so i know they will be ok but i really dont want to leave them at the hospital. so here is to hoping and praying they stay in there for at least two weeks with steroids they should be able to come home with me.

October 11th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope they keep baking for a couple more weeks and she gets a growth spurt! And I hope you dont have to deal with that nurse again...

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 11th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no- hoping they keep on baking at least for a few more weeks. Like you said they'll be fine if they came at this point but I know it's not ideal. Please keep us posted!
October 11th, 2012, 08:28 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope she starts picking up weight soon. I would file a complaint with the hospital. There is no reason for her to question you. I know with the BPP they are focusing on the babies but have they checked the placenta really well?

October 11th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs Barbara... thoughts and prayers with you and your sweet babies.

October 11th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I don't know how well the checked it but they did check both at both scans and everything seems fine. Maybe she is just ment to stay small.

October 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so mad at that nurse for you! How on earth could she tell you that doesn't make sense?? That is one of the first things my doctor told me about as a risk they need to watch for with a twin pregnancy. So she can stuff it!!

Here's hoping she has a bit of a growth spurt so they can stay in a little bit loner!

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 11th, 2012, 12:48 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Come on, little girl, grow grow grow! Thoughts and prayers to you, Barbara!
October 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I am going through the exact same thing. Twin B is way behind twin A. B is only the 4th%. He is going to re-measure again and go from there for me. Are you doing anything? I feel like I need to eat more but actually have no appetite due to the constipation. Let me know if you are! Thanks and good luck!

October 12th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I haven't done anything yet. I eat none stop as it is so I have no idea how she could be small. Are yours idintical? Mine don't share the placenta so the drs are not sure what's up yet. Hope they figure out what's wrong with baby b

October 12th, 2012, 07:20 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you and the babies! I hope they keep baking for a few more weeks!

October 12th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Prayers that baby girl catches up and her brother stops hogging all the nurishment....

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 15th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blcooper32 View Post
I haven't done anything yet. I eat none stop as it is so I have no idea how she could be small. Are yours idintical? Mine don't share the placenta so the drs are not sure what's up yet. Hope they figure out what's wrong with baby b
Mine don't share a placenta either. I have an apt tomorrow so I am hoping he measures them. Is the one that is smaller less active? Mine feels less active but I don't know if that is just positioning? When are you measured next?

October 15th, 2012, 08:42 AM
She doesnt move as much or as a strong as his. I don't know how long they are going to give her to catch up but I assume they are waiting until 34 weeks since their lungs have a better chance then. My dr said he is going to talk to the hr dr and make a plan and go from there. My next actual appointment is next week but she has to pass 2 nst this week and one next week before that appointment so it's just a waiting game.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search