Diastasis recti? Tuppler Technique? Belly Bandit vs Squeem?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it was two weeks ago, I was working out with my trainer and she said "No more ab work for you. They are defo starting to separate at the top now." I hadn't really noticed it much and my doc said it was normal and to stay away from ab work. Yesterday, however, I was getting up from a chair and felt this "ripping" sensation in my upper abs above my belly button line. It was sore for hours after and I can only imagine that my abs separated more

Anyone else experiencing this??

I started googling and came across two things I wonder if anyone else has experience with.

#1 - The Tuppler Technique. Supposedly you can even start doing the seated Tuppler exercise while preggo - which basically consists of sitting very upright and pulling the stomach muscles and releasing half way for 100 counts. They suggest 5 sets of these a day. And pelvic tilts - which I'm already doing...

#2 - Banding for after the baby comes. I was up in the air about this before - but that my abs are failing me I feel like it might be a necessity. Anyone have opinions about the different belly bandits? I'm considering the BFF since I'm so short. I also read about the Squeem - which seems to be a better and cheaper product - but they give no info on how to size postpartum & even suggest waiting until your post prego swelling has gone down.

Looking for any advice or opinions!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

October 11th, 2012, 03:22 PM
There are several, safe, exercises that you can do now to prevent your mid line from opening more. You should also make sure not do movements that twist your spine, as these types of moves places sheer forces on the mid line.
Google my screen name, and from the pre-and-post natal fitness menu, choose diastasis recti to view video demos and learn more.
As for using a compression garment post delivery, many cultures around the world tightly wrap the belly after childbirth. This is most effective directly after childbirth to about 4 to 6 weeks. But this does not take the place of abdominal rehab.
BeFit-Mom
October 11th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I had DR with both my boys and yet again during this pregnancy. My ob/gyn suggested the Belly Bandit, she said she has seen great results with her patients so I'll be trying that one. I've also seen two of my girlfriends come out with amazing results with their bodies after using it.

Brooke
October 11th, 2012, 10:27 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my, I am intrigued! I totally want one of these. Tell me which one you eventually decide to buy and I'll tag along after your research.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search