Breast Question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Regular
So this questions is to moms who have 1 or more kids already. How much does pregnancy affect your boobs? I mean after the breastfeeding and or pregnancy. I have been hearing so many horror stories about how awful it is on your breasts. Thanks in advance.
October 12th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Well, for me, it hasn't been kind. But, I didn't even get boobs until they went from an A to larger than a DD(falling out of my DD bra) and I was only 17 and only got my period at 15. I know that a lot of women who don't breastfeed still seem to have the issues so it's not just that. They go through so many changes how can they not come out looking like mom boobs? Mine are lop-sided, saggy, and a bit deflated. There are some lucky ladies who come out bigger and more plush so you never know. You can't really stop gravity and life though so just "hang" in there haha and get a boob-job when you are done with having kids lol
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

October 12th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Pregnancy made mine saggier after the first baby. Also made me go from a 34B to a 36DD. sigh.

After my second, I never stopped nursing before getting pregnant so I dont know. They're ginormous right now.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 12th, 2012, 08:11 PM
rucca1002's Avatar Veteran
I started out with a large chest -- typically D cup. Pregnant -- they are ginormous. But, after the first, they were definitely saggy.... and they just seem to sag more each time. But, I think they would have anyway given their size, with or without having kids.

Nicole

Proud mom to Declan (7/2008), Nolan (11/2010) & baby Emmett (12/2012)
October 12th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Yep, agree with Nicole...they probably would have sagged anyway at this size eventually.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

October 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jeeze, pregnancy and nursing has definitely done a number on my boobs. BC (before children), I started off with a D cup that was perky enough for some to think I had a boob job. They were beautiful, I wish I appreciated them more when I had them.
After I weaned my first, they really deflated, like to a saggy C cup. With each pregnancy and breastfeeding, they have filled back in to DDs but I know they will be in sorry shape once I wean this last one. Bummer!
I watched an episode of Desperate Housewives a long time ago where one of the characters described her post-baby boobs as reminiscent of a party balloon you find behind the couch 3 days after the party all shriveled up and deflated. Yep. That's my boobs. At least there are good bras?
It's all worth it - some women wear stretch marks as their badges of motherhood, I wear my shiveled up deflated boobs as mine.
caajje6, Gripstress and mlc52811 like this.
October 12th, 2012, 10:46 PM
lol Yup that's how I'd describe it...deflated party balloon. Maybe we could just pump forever to keep them a little more inflated haha. You are right, Mary...so worth it
caajje6 and gardenbelle like this.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

October 13th, 2012, 07:39 AM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine are a B cup when not pregnant. When pregnant they go up to a D...nursing a DD. When I am not pregnant/nursing they are definitely not as full as they were when I was a kid, but like the other ladies said, that may have happened anyway. My sister didn't have kids until she was in her late thirties and her boobs started the deflating process before she had her son...so who knows if it is age, pregnancy and/or nursing
Either way whatever happens it is so worth it. The only one who sees my naked boobs is my DH, and he really doesn't seem to care Bras are miraculous inventions, they make our boobs look like 18 year old boobs again!!! hehe
gardenbelle and Gripstress like this.

Our family is complete

October 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Same here. I started out a nice full B. When I was pg with DD1 they went to a full, perky C and went back to a B after breastfeeding but not as full. Then after DD2 they are still a B BUT definitely deflated. Even during this pregnancy they haven't really perked up much more than before. I imagine after BFing this one they will be a bit more...floppy. LOL But yeah, life happens and they are going to sag anyway. Just invest in some good bras or get a boob job! DH doesn't seem to mind and he is the only one that will ever see them besides me.
October 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Super Mommy
Yup, mine look like a deflated party balloon when I am not pregnant or nursing.

If we ever have the money I would love to get my boobs and my stomach done after we are 100% for sure done having kids. For me though if I only had the money to fix one problem area it would be my stomach. There are a lot of good bras out there that make my boobs look fine under my clothes, but NOTHING can hide the extra skin or stretch marks on my belly.

October 13th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, mine have taken a real beating too. Unfortunately, it seems to be a part of the process. But some women DO get lucky.
October 13th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also got stretch marks on my boobs with my first pregnancy. Didnt get them anywhere else, not on my hugely stretched out stomach, no, but on my boobs. Go figure!

Now with my 3rd pregnancy I look like an Amazon woman, haha.

Post-pregnant women is the reason they invented push up bras, loL!
Gripstress likes this.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 13th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Regular
I have been looking at my family hoping I will get lucky. I have had D's since i was 13 or 14 and aroud age 23 I went up to a DD. So far they have stayed the same size during the pregnancy thus far I will prolly balloon up the last month or so though. My best friend after having two kids is planning her mommy make over for the spring time and was talking about it and thats what got me thinking what will happen to me after.
Another question is my stomach is covered in hair since getting pregnant im afraid to shave it, because what if i shave it and the hair keeps coming back after lil one is born.
October 13th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Hilary-I got the boob stretch-marks with my first also. Let's not even talk about the other fun places stretch-marks can go. lol

MW-Don't worry about the extra hair...alot of people get it. I am one of the lucky who also gets a stray on a boob. It will go away after you have the baby. It's just the extra hormones kicking into high gear. God pregnancy sounds like a nightmare sometimes haha As for the boobs getting bigger, they will probably not get any bigger until your milk comes in and then watch out! That first time's a doozy!
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

October 14th, 2012, 05:51 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Mine went back to regular size once my milk evened out and stayed that size when I stopped breast feeding. I never had perky breasts to begin with so I suppose you could say they're saggy, but I definitely don't think they look deflated lol

I would say 90% the same looks-wise as before I was pregnant and breastfeeding
October 14th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
My boobs will never be the same! Ah well, boob job in my near future maybe. My boobs have taken a beaten from pregnancy and breastfeeding and I agree with what the other ladies said. All worth it though!!!!
October 14th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Regular
Thanks mine arent perky not sure they ever were actually. Just hoping i dont end up with a pair of tube socks on my chest lol.

(and i should add my name to my siggy)
Gripstress likes this.

October 14th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Thanks Kristen...I'm very forgetful and could not for the life of me remember your name

I think tribal women get the tubesock boobs because they have no good bras haha You should be ok
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

October 14th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Regular
Thats fine about the name im terrible at remembering names.
Deflated balloons dont sound so great either. But thats the minor issue im hoping i can lose the weight i put on before i was pregnant.

October 15th, 2012, 06:00 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
ok...about the tummy hair: for some reason I get it when I am birthing a girl. My boy? none. girls...yes. And FYI: It only seemed to be around when I was pregnant I wax mine off

Boobs...yeah.....mine have seen better days. I was always a 38C before having kids. I am now a 38D (DD when breastfeeding) and yes...they are definitely a bit saggy. But the good news? After my salon debt is paid for from opening last year.......I am rewarding myself with a booblift and tummy tuck. (thanks to my c sections) And what I wouldn't do to get rid of these bat wing arms....but I think I'll just work out to get rid of those

but yeah....a good bra does the trick I guess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search