Long 24 hours at the hospital for me!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Veteran
Yesterday I started having some pretty bad cramps accompanied with some crazy tunnel vision. I went to my parents and used their blood pressure machine and sure enough high blood pressure. My mom suggested to take a trip to emerge (i was extreamly hesitant because it was Friday night and I didnt want to get sent 4 hours to edmonton) Once we got there they took my blood pressure and it was borderline high so they wanted a NST test. So up to L&D for me. I was having mild contractions every 2-3 min so the doctor on call decided to check me for dialation, at that point i was told if there was no dialation he would let me go home (i live within 5 min of hospital) if there was any dialation i would be going to edmonton. Sure enough I was 3cm dialated so off the doctor went to get me transportation. In the meantime The hooked me up to an IV for antibiotics and some liquid the got a shot of steroids in me and a shot of morphine along with something in a gas form and a suppository. I got to take air ambulance to a different hospital then i wanted to deliver at because their nursery was full. The checked me when i got there and i was 4cm. From there it was a ton of monitoring and crossing fingers that the dialation stopped. 6 am came around which contractions started at 7pm and they had stopped being regular still tightening once in a while more of a BH then true labor contractions. 9am they told me that the hospital i wanted to deliver at had room in the nursery so i got to take an ambulance ride to the hospital there. Still no contractions so i begged and pleaded with the dr to come home with my mom and sister since they were about to leave for the rest of the weekend and she agreed. Strict bed rest and I have to go to the local hospital for my second steroid injection and if i feel any contractions even mild its back to the hospital for me. Also back to edmonton on tuesday for my regular ultrasound but now i am no longer allowed to drive myself so add that to the list of hurtles to keep these babies safe and healthy. Hope every one elses 24 hours werent as crazy as mine!

October 13th, 2012, 08:36 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, what a crazy past 24 hours! I'm so glad they were able to stop the dilation and contractions. Is it possible to reverse dilation or will you be 4cms for the rest of the pregnancy? How far along are you? Thinking positive thoughts for you and the babies!
October 13th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eek! Glad you got to go home though! Where are you from Jenny, I'm in Edmonton and will be delivering at the Mis, how about you?

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 13th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I think she's due Dec 8th.

I hope those wee ones decide to bake a little longer.

Sending good thoughts!

October 13th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenbelle View Post
Oh my gosh, what a crazy past 24 hours! I'm so glad they were able to stop the dilation and contractions. Is it possible to reverse dilation or will you be 4cms for the rest of the pregnancy? How far along are you? Thinking positive thoughts for you and the babies!
As far as I know I will hang out at 4cm till I deliver. I think they were surprised that I didn't deliver last night

October 13th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Veteran
Trying to update on my phone is proving to be difficult! I'm 32 weeks 1 day due December 8 I was at the mis in Edmonton from midnight to 10am then transferred to the grey nuns and released at 4:30pm. I've never heard of or been to the mis but it seemed like a nice hospital I cannot complain.

October 13th, 2012, 10:20 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenney_69 View Post
Trying to update on my phone is proving to be difficult! I'm 32 weeks 1 day due December 8 I was at the mis in Edmonton from midnight to 10am then transferred to the grey nuns and released at 4:30pm. I've never heard of or been to the mis but it seemed like a nice hospital I cannot complain.
Gosh, if you can last 13 more days, you'll be past 34 weeks. You can do it! Great that you are getting the steroid shots: I know two women that both delivered at 33 weeks - one got the steroids and the other did not. The babies of the one that got the steroid shots went home so much sooner than the one that did not get the steroid shots. Sending hugs and wishing you the best!
October 13th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenney_69 View Post
Good to know! My twin prenatal instructor is a nurse at the Grey Nuns and she is amazing and hilarious! I hope you get her, her name is Rhonda (I just can't remember her last name right now.) I'm hoping the bed rest works for you so they can grow a bit more!

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 13th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! I'm glad that they're still baking and hope that you're able to hang on to them for a few more weeks!

October 14th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Wow crazy 24 for sure! I'm shocked they let you go as you went to 4cm so fast and have to go all that way should anything else happen. Let's hope those babies can hang in there a bit longer You've done awesome to go this far!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

October 14th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow hope the bed rest works for you. Glad they gave you the steroids just in case though. Hopefully they will stay in there at least a few more weeks.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 14th, 2012, 07:01 AM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
Wow, I'm so glad that the dilation stopped and you were able to come home. I pray those LOs stay put for at least a couple more weeks!
October 14th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Oh wow! Scary! So glad to hear things stopped, though. FX the babies stay put for a little while longer at least!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

October 14th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Super Mommy
glad to know you're going to be okay! and so glad you decided to go to the hospital!
October 14th, 2012, 07:30 PM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My gosh, what a scary experience! I'm so glad they were able to stop everything and baby is still baking away.

Little brother!
October 14th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Veteran
Wow. sounds like quite an ordeal. I'm glad you were able to get things stoppedd allow more time for baking.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search