for FTM

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By crystalcherry
  • 1 Post By tricia_16_

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 06:36 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After the crazy weekend I have had I felt this reminder was necessary

For the sake of your sanity years from now enjoy these next few weeks. I wish someone would have told me to take some time for myself before my oldest was born.

Ovee the weekend I ran a bath 3 different times and was never even able to get in due to someone needing something or kust wanting me in general. The end result was finally getting in the tub after midnight each night. I had to wait to watch my shows until everyone was in bed. I changed clothes twice before church yesterday because someone bumped into me wjile I had a drink in my hand. My hair is always in a pony tail because if I want to dry/straighten it I would have to get up at the crack of dawn to fix it since I have to make sure all of the kids are ready to go in the morning.

This may all sound like little things but believe me, after a while you feel more like a zombie than a person. I swear, some of the zombies on The Walking Dead look better than I do when I walk out the door in thw mornings!

October 15th, 2012, 06:41 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
Lady.....I TOTALLY hear ya I was actually thinking of this the other day when I was entering the bathroom to pee and my two children pushed the door open as I was closing it and followed me in. I can't even have ONE minute to myself to PEE. So I told my husband after baby #3 is born that I am going to schedule one saturday a month and he is in charge all day while I go and do ME TIME stuff, like a pedicure, window shopping, coffee drinking, hanging out with friends etc. I actually got a "yeah...you deserve that" response. (I actually deserve it EVERY Saturday) but since I will be working every Saturday except for the one a month I schedule off for myself, then one will have to do........
October 15th, 2012, 08:29 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the reminder! I really needed it. I relate this feeling to how I felt waiting for my upcoming wedding. I knew I needed to cherish the time I still had in MY childhood room doing things my way, and that soon I would be living in a new home with DH and miss those days. That is exactly how I feel now! I know I need to have fun and do things my way right now because in 7 weeks Zoey will dethrone me as Queen of the castle. But I just want it to be over! I can't help but get that really impatient feeling. I want my body back!

October 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnVH View Post
Lady.....I TOTALLY hear ya I was actually thinking of this the other day when I was entering the bathroom to pee and my two children pushed the door open as I was closing it and followed me in. I can't even have ONE minute to myself to PEE. So I told my husband after baby #3 is born that I am going to schedule one saturday a month and he is in charge all day while I go and do ME TIME stuff, like a pedicure, window shopping, coffee drinking, hanging out with friends etc. I actually got a "yeah...you deserve that" response. (I actually deserve it EVERY Saturday) but since I will be working every Saturday except for the one a month I schedule off for myself, then one will have to do........
I do this once a month with my three closest girlfriends, which we call "Girls Night!" We go out for dinner (usually a LONG *** dinner lol lasting 2-3 hours) and sometimes do a movie afterwards. It's only once a month, but I have to tell you those few hours every month away from hubby and baby are the BEST hours in every month!

(And no - I don't feel guilty saying that at all!)
DawnVH likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 10:30 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we moved I don't have any friends to go eat with. I feel strange going to a resturant alone. Guess I could order some decent food to go then sit in the back of the van and watch a movie on the dvd player.

October 15th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep. I hear ya.

I think this is why I had PPD so bad with my first. I just had NO IDEA how much baby was going to change my life. It really is a lesson in selflessness in ways you'd never imagine!

It's all TOTALLY worth it, though, but man, there are times I just want to be able to sit and just... be. lol To clean the house and have it stay clean all day and not get destroyed 30 mins later!

I love my girls, though. Sooo worth it. It is an adjustment though! And as much as I hate being pregnant, ya know, baby boy can stay put as long as he likes, lol. I remember those newborn days all too well and IME, they are pretty rough!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

October 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hee…my BFF is due with her first shortly, and she is SO ready for this baby to come out. I keep telling her, TRUST ME, you want that baby to stay in as long as possible, but I think she really thinks she has this baby thing knocked…Granted, she probably is better prepared than I was (me with no baby experience whatsoever, and her with a child development major and lots of daycare experience) – but how do you explain to someone the changes that are about to occur in their life as a FTP? I seriously think she thinks I’m just crazy…
October 15th, 2012, 07:10 PM
jamiemama90's Avatar Veteran
The way I'm feeling is, I'm ready for my back to stop hurting so bad and for her feet to get the H*LL out of my ribs...but besides that...she can stay in. I is scared.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search