Suggestions?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 06:04 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I always fall asleep on my side, but I regularly wake up on my back. When I wake up I'm usually very dizzy and sometimes my hands and feet are numb, so all the reasons why a pregnant woman shouldn't lay on her back are true for me. Does anybody have any tips to keep me from rolling onto my back when I sleep?
October 15th, 2012, 06:16 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I prop a pillow behind me when I sleep so that if I start to roll onto my back, I'm partially propped up to the side and I can't lay totally flat on my back.

October 15th, 2012, 06:36 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
I only sleep on my side and I wake up with numb hands all the time. Just fyi it might not be the back sleeping that is causing it.

October 15th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
I agree with both. I wake up on my left side and my right arm is asleep regularly. But I also sleep with a U-shaped body pillow so that I have one side to cuddle with and prop my leg up on and the other side is against my back preventing me from fully rolling to my back.
October 15th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I'll try the pillow trick. I know it's from going on my back, because if I do happen to wake up on my side, I'm fine. It only happens when I wake up on my back. Hopefully a pillow will be just enough to prevent me from going all the way on my back
October 15th, 2012, 08:12 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh27 View Post
I'll try the pillow trick. I know it's from going on my back, because if I do happen to wake up on my side, I'm fine. It only happens when I wake up on my back. Hopefully a pillow will be just enough to prevent me from going all the way on my back
I do the pillow trick behind my back too and it works really well.
October 15th, 2012, 08:14 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My pillow is u-shaped and we have one side of the bed against the wall so I push my pillow all of the way over so I have no choice but to sleep on my side. My arms and legs go numb but atleast I'm not on my back.

October 15th, 2012, 08:25 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I also have U shaped pillow so I don't have this problem, but they are quite expensive (or are at least here in Canada) and since you don't have too much longer to go, you might want to try a wedge pillow!

It is in the shape of a triangle and it's used to prop up your belly. I think that if you were to fall asleep on your side using it and then roll over in your sleep you would still be on the pillow enough so that you wouldn't be flat on your back and that might help!!

Here in Canada you can get the wedge pillows for $15 at WalMart where all the other pillows are!!

Hope this helps
October 15th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also use the pillow behind my back... I just use a regular pillow and put it right against my back so that if I roll it's kind of halfway below me and not comfortable. Plus if I start with one on either side of me I have to do less rearranging when I roll over!

October 16th, 2012, 05:17 AM
The pillows worked! I just surrounded myself with decorative pillows as bumpers and I didn't wake up at all on my back. It felt nice to have a little extra support, too. Thanks for the suggestion!
October 16th, 2012, 09:10 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so happy and comfortable sleeping on my back still! I've been trying really hard to sleep on my side this last week - but it's just horrible. My arms and hands go numb and I am just sooooo uncomfortable. I've been allowing myself an hour or so each night on my back just so I can actually get some sleep. I know it's bad but I feel sure that my body would tell me if it was unhappy. It is certainly telling me not to sleep on my sides! lol Sometimes my arms and hands don't come back for an hour after waking.... this really can't be good!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search