Lunch? Dinner?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 12:25 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
What did you have for lunch?

What about dinner?

I had leftover chicken and dumplings for lunch. YUM!

Not sure for dinner. I'm thinking turkey burgers because I have an intense craving for mustard, and I will need something to put the mustard on, because I can't just eat mustard from the bottle... right?
October 15th, 2012, 12:43 PM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
I think you could probably just eat the mustard from the bottle if you wanted to.... you are 31 weeks pregnant so no one can say anything if you ask me! !

I had Satay chicken and vegetables on vermicelli noodles and a spring roll for lunch. Yum!

For supper I was thinking of making a big lasagna so I don't have to worry about supper for a few nights.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
October 15th, 2012, 12:45 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, chicken and dumplings sound so good! I might put them on the menu plan for next week, yum. I love that all these Fall comfort foods are back on the choice list!
I had leftover pot roast and a cauliflower puree for lunch. I found this great recipe for cauliflower puree because I haven't been very good at getting my veggies in so I thought I would hide them by making them instead of mashed potatoes. It totally worked, we all gobbled them up.
For dinner, we are going out to dinner with my MIL. I don't know where yet, she is on a no-carb diet so we'll just have to see which place she thinks she'll be able to find something at. I can't wait to find out so I can start thinking about what I'm going to get.
Jeeze, I sound very food oriented right now. LOL Last night was a different picture, I assure you.
October 15th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Super Mommy
For Lunch I was super bad and stopped at Burger King and had a double whopper with cheese and fries and a Dr. Pepper. It tasted wonderful though.

I am so full right now that I can't even think about dinner. I will probably end up having a salad and an apple to help counteract the fast food binge from earlier today.

October 15th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Lunch- Peanut butter and Jelly

Dinner- Not sure yet.... but a burger sounds good...

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I met Frank for lunch and we went to this Greek place with a great lunch buffet. I love greek food....for dinner I'm doing broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl and salad/sandwhiches. I've been on pinterest the last couple weeks putting menus together. It's helped a LOT with our grocery bill.

Daffney

October 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I had a bowl of chili for lunch.

Tonight we're having hamburgers and salad.
October 15th, 2012, 01:06 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mmm...Monday confession. I had a #4 at McDonalds. (That's a 2 cheeseburger meal.) In my defense, I only ate ONE of the cheeseburgers and threw the second right out, so that's healthy, right? Healthier than eating mustard straight from the bottle anyway.

Dinner is chinese food with DH in town. Yup...I'm on a health food kick today. Hey - at least I'll get my week's worth of sodium in one day. Just in case I had any issue with lack of water retention.

October 15th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lunch - Spaghettios. Yeah, I know. Havent been able to go grocery shopping this week yet because Ive been throwing up today. blech.

Dinner - Alfredo w/ broccoli, maybe chicken if I can find the energy to cook it.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM
The Truth is out There
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenbelle View Post
I had leftover pot roast and a cauliflower puree for lunch. I found this great recipe for cauliflower puree because I haven't been very good at getting my veggies in so I thought I would hide them by making them instead of mashed potatoes. It totally worked, we all gobbled them up.
You should share the recipe- that sounds delicious, I'd love to try it!

For Lunch I had leftover stew from last week

Dinner will be Lasagna (out of the box, I'm too tired to make it from scratch)

October 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlowesMum View Post
Mmm...Monday confession. I had a #4 at McDonalds. (That's a 2 cheeseburger meal.) In my defense, I only ate ONE of the cheeseburgers and threw the second right out, so that's healthy, right? Healthier than eating mustard straight from the bottle anyway.

Dinner is chinese food with DH in town. Yup...I'm on a health food kick today. Hey - at least I'll get my week's worth of sodium in one day. Just in case I had any issue with lack of water retention.
At least your blood pressure won't get too low, too! My OB told me last appointment that I should try adding a bit more sodium to my diet since I've been getting dizzy from low BP.

And FWIW, I don't ALWAYS eat mustard straight from the bottle. Sometimes I put it on crackers first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilhillrn View Post
Lunch - Spaghettios. Yeah, I know. Havent been able to go grocery shopping this week yet because Ive been throwing up today. blech.

Dinner - Alfredo w/ broccoli, maybe chicken if I can find the energy to cook it.
Oh no! Feel better! I can relate, stupid m/s! I love Spaghetti-ohs, though I hadn't eaten them since I was like 10 until I got pregnant. Now they are in my emergency "I'm too sick or too tired to make real food" stash.
hilhillrn likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
The Truth is out There
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh27 View Post
At least your blood pressure won't get too low, too! My OB told me last appointment that I should try adding a bit more sodium to my diet since I've been getting dizzy from low BP.

And FWIW, I don't ALWAYS eat mustard straight from the bottle. Sometimes I put it on crackers first.
French Fries with mustard... Devilled eggs... I have actually been banned from making Devilled eggs because I used too much mustard the last time and no one liked them. I thought they were delicious.

October 15th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by May14th2011 View Post
French Fries with mustard... Devilled eggs... I have actually been banned from making Devilled eggs because I used too much mustard the last time and no one liked them. I thought they were delicious.
glad I'm not the only one!
October 15th, 2012, 02:10 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by May14th2011 View Post
You should share the recipe- that sounds delicious, I'd love to try it!
Here you go, Brittany!
Cauliflower Purée Recipe at Epicurious.com
May14th2011 likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That mustard thing is weird to me, but only because a good friend of mine was telling me on Sunday that the whole time she was pregnant with her kid she craved mustard. LOL

Daffney

October 15th, 2012, 03:07 PM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
I had ramen noodles for lunch and have no idea what I'm doing for dinner. I'm not even sure if I'll be home for dinner. Alfredo sounds yummy though!

October 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
What did you have for lunch? Nachos

What about dinner? I think we're going to do breakfast for dinner since we have a ton of turkey bacon left from the weekend. So I think waffles, bacon & eggs, yum!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

October 15th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tomato soup and a yogurt for lunch. Maybe chicken nuggets for dinner? Joey not only loves them - but gets all upset if i try to get the reduced fat ones. He prefers the ones shaped like animals - no lie! It will be nice to have an official kid around so we don't have to explain our dinners anymore

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

October 15th, 2012, 03:54 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had Weetabix for lunch (I haven't had them since I was about 10 years old and I have never seen them in this country before..... so I wanted to be reminded of my childhood - lol)

For dinner I plan to eat some of the soup I made on Friday. It is delicious. It is a butternut squash recipe - apart from I followed 4 different recipes (not all for butternut squash) and then added a few extra ingredients - this is my way of cooking out of the box! lol

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
October 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For lunch I had baked chicken breast on rice with asparagus tips so good!!

And for supper I had a chicken sandwich with fries.

Maggie you are hilarious!! I need to read a few of your posts every day to laugh

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search