stressed....what to do with my kids when i have the baby

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 06:48 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been trying to not think about the fact that we don't have anyone to watch the boys when I go to the hospital but now that its getting closer im super stressed. The lady that watches Elijah during the day was supposed to let him stay the night when I have the baby but now she has taken a job in the evening and cant do it. I was okay with DH not being with me the entire time but now it looks like he won't be there for the birth. Since he does not have a DL I really dont want him driving my van with the kids and chance getting stopped. I'm not going to ask my grandparents to drive 6hrs here even if we go thw induction route. I can't stand my MiL and if she came she would have to bring the 2 horrible kids they are raising. If I had to chose between DH being there and havong my MIL here I would rather have this baby alone! Someone please remind me why I let DH move us so far away.

October 16th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have just been sitting here wondering what we are going to do with dd while I'm in the hospital since dh can't take off work for more then one day and obviously I can't keep her at the hospital with me. I really don't want her to but mil(and her stupid dog) are going to have to be picked up to come stay at our house for how ever long I have to be in the hospital and a few days after.hopefully you find someone to watch them for you.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 16th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Why must MIL's be such a pain to deal with. I would rather have a c-section with quadruplets while unmedicated than have mine here. A lady from church said she would come to the hospital and stay with me. Ummm, I have only known her for a few months ap that kinda creeps me out. I think I'm just going to wrap my head around the idea that I will do it alone & maybe something will work out. If I prepare for the worst I wont be disappointed.

October 16th, 2012, 08:58 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK, just throwing this out there: How about get someone from your church to be on call to stay with your kids like one of the Sunday school teachers for a fee? It doesn't have to be too much, maybe like $100 for the night to have the peace of mind of having a plan set so you won't need to worry.
I'm nervous about how everything will go down if I end up needing to leave to the hospital quickly in the middle of the night and my neighbor across the street has offered to come over until my MIL arrives thankfully.
I hope you find someone soon, I can imagine the stress.

October 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM
The ladies in church are either 100 or have 2 or 3 kids already. I think its the idea of taking on all 3 that is scaring them off. If more than one person was willing I would split them up. The one that wants to come to the hospital has kids in the same school as mine and I offered her $75 per kid if she would pick them up from school, keep them one night then get them to school the next day. She looked at me like I was crazy when I asked her. I wish I felt up to driving to get my grandparents a day or so before and then drive them back later. Once we set a date for an induction or c-section maybe it will be easier. Oh what I would give to be healthy, have a ME and have this baby at home.

October 16th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am getting women from my church to help with the girls.

I have heard of people going on Care.com and hiring a sitter just for this reason. Maybe have them come and babysit while yall go on a date night a couple times for the kids to get used to her, and she to them. Just an idea? It's probably what I would do if I didnt have my church family!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

October 17th, 2012, 05:07 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
Im in the same boat except my inlaws live right up the road and are adamant abour not watching the kids! Mil does wrk but fil is retired and does nothin all day! Hopefully ill go the day after thanksgiving when my parents will be in town

October 17th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Yeah I was also going to suggest seeing if you can find a sitter somewhere. I bet some college aged girl would love some easy extra cash.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search