QOTD: Baby To-do List

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
What is left on your baby to-do list?

Do you feel ok with what is left on your list and the time you have left or are you starting to panic?

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

October 17th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I feel like everything is still on my to do list..... and I am starting to freak out..... so little time and still so much to do......

Good news is my shower is Sunday and after that I can begin purchasing items and putting the nursery together......

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 17th, 2012, 06:01 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, now that we are moving, I have to do the nursery all over again! That sets me back pretty far... but I'll scramble and get it done, I'm sure. Other than that I just need to make some confirmations with the pediatrician, finalize some insurance things, and that's all, really!

October 17th, 2012, 06:05 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still have everything to buy but hopefully I can get that taken care of this weekend. I'm not worried about packing the bag for the hospital since I'm taking as little as possible. I should be in more of a panic but I'm too busy to even worry about it.

October 17th, 2012, 06:08 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
of course I'm starting to panic! I can't do anything on bedrest and my husband doesn't deem anything necessary until AFTER the baby is born. He doesn't understand nesting at all......which leads me to sneak out of bed during the day and try to get things done even though I should be laying down.

Things I need to complete:
Get all bottles out of storage unit and clean thoroughly and buy new nipples.
Get new tubing for breastpump and clean
(guess my husband will be doing both of the above mentioned things!)

Get all baby gear out of storage and wipe down: basinette, pack and play etc.

Pack hospital bag (I have it partially packed with a few baby outfits (one preemie and one newborn since who knows when I will deliver and since my kids are usually 5# or so...) For me I just need to add a few things for me and a bag with my toiletries, camera, phone charger and then whatever I miss my husband could always bring for me.

Need to buy baby necessities like diapers, shampoo, lotion, etc. Thinking I may go ahead and do this soon online. My husband's aunt came over last night with a huge box of size 1 diapers that a coworker had overstocked up on and was getting rid of plus some similac formula. So that's awesome.

Two days ago I was able to go upstairs and grab a bin of my newborn and 0-3 month clothes and get them put in plastic organizers (we don't have any more dresser space so had to get those rubbermaid plastic deals with drawers. Should work for awhile I hope!

we've got a long way to go, but not sure if it will ever get done!
October 17th, 2012, 06:12 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything... Everything is left. We are so not prepared.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
October 17th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Nothing major left to do really... I will have to pack hospital bag for baby and me but not for probably another month. Then also waiting for my baby shower which isn't until Nov 11 Don't like that I have to wait that long to see what I still need to buy. After the shower though I will spend the next two days or so setting up getting everything ready. Not in panic mode... but maybe it will start later? lol
October 17th, 2012, 07:09 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
I have so much and Im totally panic'd!

October 17th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
My to-do list:

still have some things to buy for Sophia
buy the things for me and DH for the hospital bag
pack hospital bag
finish my projects for her nursery
call insurance to pre-register or whatever the heck they said it was called
wash her sheets and newborn clothes
take hospital classes, tour hospital and pre-register
install the carseat once we get closer

I think that's it. I'm feeling ok with where we're at. I have less than a month of work left now, so I feel confident that I can get a lot of this stuff done once I'm done with work and have more time.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

October 17th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, we have decided to do a home birth so really we just need to be able to come up with $3000 in the next few months, lol. It will all work out though.. Somehow. (we would be paying $3000 out of pocket after the birth in a hospital, too, though, so it's not a big surprise) So I guess we'll need to figure out where to rent a birth tub, get some new sheets and pillows for the bed, etc.

Closer to the birth date Im going to be making a lot of freezer meals. Did that last time and it was a HUGE lifesaver!

Go to a birth class our midwife requires us to go to. Im kind of exceited, its a home birth class.

Get a few little things for the baby.... we still need a swing, breastmilk freezer bags, some new tubing for my pump, a few more baby blankets/swaddlers, a few more packs of diapers, lanolin, nursing pads, a comfy labor outfit.... Other than that, I cant think of anything...

Gotta install the carseat. But that's not a big deal.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 17th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have nothing in the nursery decor done but other then that we are pretty well ready to go so no panic here just waiting

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 17th, 2012, 09:35 AM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
Most of the major stuff is done but I still need to pack a hospital bag and get a few necessities for her like shampoo, etc. I am also currently reading Hypnobirthing and I really want to make sure I am done and comfortable with my birth plan before it's too late. That's the part that I am really starting to freak out about.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy
October 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I need to finish the nursery. Put decals up on the walls, and put & arrange stuff on the shelving unit, but first DH has to clean his stuff of it. But I havent asked that of him yet.

Then I need to finish getting stuff like bottles and binki's but I have to wait until after my Shower work is throwing on Nov 2.

So I feel a little like time is runnig out but I'm not panicing just yet. I will after my appt next week and we find out my delivery options.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy
October 17th, 2012, 10:13 AM
The Truth is out There
Everything is left. We have done nothing.

October 17th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're pretty much done Just have to get carseats in the car and pack the hospital bags, which I have everything for the girls ready just not put together in their bag. I wanted everything done just in case they came early!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search