Christmas presents?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrooklynBump

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2012, 10:57 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hat are you gals doing for the new LO for Christmas. I am at a complete loss while flipping through the toyland catelog. Clothes? Books? Toys for future play? Help me out here.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
October 17th, 2012, 11:05 AM
chomsee
I really wanted to make something for mine! I cant seem to get a nice crochet blanket start though either the hook or yarn is too thick. or my brain is too thick LOL.

And I was thinking of starting an annual thing that he will get when he's older (Like a picture each year)
October 17th, 2012, 11:05 AM
No longer one and done
Im not due until after Christmas but I can't imagine I would be wrapping any gifts for her even if she comes early. We are buying plenty for her in general of course but i dont see the point in pretending like she would have a clue what a present was at that age.
taatie10 likes this.

October 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
We started a tradition with our DD last year that she gets an ornament every year, so they will both get one of those.

Kaylee was 4 months old last year and we got her stuff like bowls, spoons, bottles, teething rings, bath toys. And we made sure to tell people to get her stuff she could use later on, since her birthday wasn't until August we knew that she wouldn't be getting any big toys between 4 months and her first birthday. So she got lots of stuff that she couldn't use just yet, but that was totally fine because it isn't like she knew anyway!

We will probably get the new baby some more teething toys and similar stuff to what we bough Kaylee last year
October 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are only getting stuff so that the other little ones don't question why she didn't get anything. However it will be basic stuff:
I made her a bunch of new diapers that no one has seen.
Outfits I made her

She will get a few small items like rattle/stacking cups in her stocking. She will also probably get her first doll but that's it. We have everything.

If people are looking to get her stuff, ask for gift cards. No use storing it for months. Otherwise, next size up clothes works.

Oh and my aunt does the yearly ornament(s). My oldest has enough to fill a small tree.

October 17th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I think I am giving her a play mat (Which she would be getting anyways) and then some teethers, bowls, spoons, bath toys.... things that she would need anyways but just put it under the tree.

I know Sophia wont know the differen. However my 8 yr old will wonder why Santa didn't bring anything for Sophia

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I will probably do a few toys. Since we have no toys for her yet but she wont need them until after Christmas anyways.

I dont plan on getting very much for her since she will just been born she wont need much and we're spending so much already preparing for her.

Thank you for the amazing siggy *Kiliki*

October 17th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Proud Mommy!
I plan on getting her new pj's and a Christmas ornament each year, so I'll do that. I think we'll also maybe get her a bouncer if we don't get one before then. Maybe a couple books that I want to get for her anyway. Then some little stocking stuffers, things like paci's, maybe a little rattle or teether and who knows what else. The only thing I do actually already have for her is I found a stuffed Westie dog that looks just like our little Max, so I had to get that for her!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and Landon!

{Our family blog}

October 17th, 2012, 04:02 PM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
Since Alli won't be very old for Christmas this year, she'll probably get blankets,diapers,clothes, and ect

October 17th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
prolly some toys
October 17th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All I'm planning to do is get stockings for the whole family. Last year when I first got pregnant I got a couple of little ceramic pill boxes, one with and H and one with an R. My niece's name is Hannah. I'm planning to find a little piece of jewelry with each of their birthstones so that the girls have matching jewelry in matching boxes.

I doubt we'll do any more than that.

October 17th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
K, I kinda feel bad that I hadn't really thought of getting anything for actual presents... Just an ornament.
October 17th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll get a bunch of little things that we haven't gotten already.....mainly because my boys would wonder what was up if the baby didn't get anything.
October 17th, 2012, 07:04 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
I plan on getting her new pj's and a Christmas ornament each year, so I'll do that. I think we'll also maybe get her a bouncer if we don't get one before then. Maybe a couple books that I want to get for her anyway. Then some little stocking stuffers, things like paci's, maybe a little rattle or teether and who knows what else. The only thing I do actually already have for her is I found a stuffed Westie dog that looks just like our little Max, so I had to get that for her!
Cassie that is such a good idea for stocking stuffers. We've never put anything in our stocking at home since it has just been us but I guess I will start putting things in her's.

Then of course I'm already on the hunt and look out for stocking, stocking holder, and ornament for her.

Thank you for the amazing siggy *Kiliki*

October 17th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby boy is getting birthed, that's what he's getting for Christmas, lol!!!

Really, though, Im not getting him anything. Our girls, though, we're probably going to get some baby doll stuff since they're totally obsessed with all things baby.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search