This week's hodgepodge...(with accompanying emoticons)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wishinfor2ndblessing
  • 1 Post By gardenbelle

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 11:43 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I. Holy Braxton Hicks - batman! Having never experienced these with my DD's pregnancy, can I just tell you what a whole new experience this is? Wowza. I've definitely noticed an increase in these over the past few weeks. Going from...wait, is that a BH? To what is now, "WHY does this have to happen while I'm trying to sleep?!! AOOOOGA!"

For those of you BTDT Braxton Hicks ladies - is it fairly normal to have these at night more than any other time of the day, or do you think it's more that I'm just NOTICING them at night more often? I am trying to be more in tune with what my uterus is doing these days, and have noticed that when I'm feeling particularly uncomfortable with my belly, it's often because my uterus is rock hard, and I assume that this is probably a BH. But again, I have so little experience with this...I'm kind of a BH newbie.

II. Also, my linea negra has shown up. Well hello old friend! I thought perhaps I could avoid you this time around, but I see that you have decided to turn up after all. I'd LIKE to say that you are welcome/better late than never/ and all that happy horse crap, but I'm afraid I'd be lying. Go away you.

III. Onto happy news - I have scheduled my second maternity photo shoot for 11/7/12. Woo hoo! I'll be a lovely and rotund 36 weeks pregnant at that point, so assuming that I can nap both before and after said photo shoot, I think it will look great. Since my first photo shoot was at 28 weeks, there will definitely be a difference here in the photos (I assume...I haven't yet seen the 28 week photos yet and won't be pressing my beloved photography team as they are uterus deep in labor preparations of their own) and I can't wait to get DH in on the photo action since he wasn't able to join me in Chi-town for the 28 week shoot. I do have to pay for this session, but our photographer is an old caregiver from DD's daycare (who gave up her illustrious and well paying career in child care for photography) and I know that DD will be super comfortable with her. Plus, she takes great photos and is still hella-cheap.

IV. Yay for second hand shopping! We went shopping yesterday and I spent way too much money at Once Upon a Child. Seriously, I could live in that store. Thank goodness my mother was there to help out with DD, because otherwise I'm sure I would have sadly neglected her in an attempt to find the cutest piece of 0-3 month clothing possible. Among my two favorite purchases, a matching set of burgundy velvet shoes for DD's Christmas outfit and a pair of burgundy Baby Gap leather moccasins for BW2. These poor girls don't stand a chance. Their genetically predisposed love affair with shoes has been written in stone for quite some time.

October 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You didnt have any BH with your first? You lucky duck. Ive had them all three times, and this go around they started at like 15 weeks! They are soooo annoying. And you know what they say that "all contractions do something!" in terms of preparing you for labor... HA! Right. I dont dilate at all until labor starts, plus my labors are super long at that. Stupid BH.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I think you notice the BH more at night cause during the day your too busy to notice them.... unless they are some of the stronger BHs....

YAY of rmaternity pictures.... wooo hooo, I still have not set a date for mine... So thank you for the reminder... I emailed my friend so hopefully I'll have a date soon....

And yay for shopping.... my DDs dont stand a chance either.... Hannah has several pairs of shoes and DH complains... but I just look at him and shrug.... a girl has to be able to accessorize...

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 18th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Sorry about the BH, but yay for maternity pics and baby shopping! I admit I also have a slight baby shoe obsession... They're just so tiny and cute!

October 19th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Marlowe has a drawer of shoes - which is saying something since they're still tiny at her age, and BW2 is working on it...I think she's got 4 pairs already, and let's be honest...newborns don't need shoes. It's ridiculous.

October 19th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlowesMum View Post
Marlowe has a drawer of shoes - which is saying something since they're still tiny at her age, and BW2 is working on it...I think she's got 4 pairs already, and let's be honest...newborns don't need shoes. It's ridiculous.
of course they need shoes.....

especially little girl newborns.... they need to accessorize dang it!

In fact 4 pairs is not enough.... your slacking..... I expect double by the time BW2 gets here. How is a girl to accessorize with just 4 pair...

Ok.... I'm done here.....
MarlowesMum likes this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 19th, 2012, 07:40 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is so annoying, I typed up something last night but it didn't post. I notice braxton hicks way more when I am lying down than standing up for some reason too. I can just put my hand down on my belly and it just feels harder and more pronounced. Earlier on in the pregnancy, if I suspected I was having a BH, I would lie down on the sofa really quick to check.
Exciting about the maternity shoot - I can't wait to see the difference in growth!
MarlowesMum likes this.
October 19th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Me too, Mary! I'm trying to be really good about not bugging my BFF about the shoot that we did at 28 weeks. I mean I KNOW their plate is full right now. They're really super busy with newborn sessions right now, and particularly with the rain in Chicago, they've had to r/s a whole bunch...it's just a very busy time. but MAN...I'd love to see even a little slight sneak peek from that session. I know her hubby took one on the jetties with the panorama feature of his camera (I was FREEZING)...and I think it's going to be really cool.

BTW, where do you get your picture ideas from Mary? I'm going to try to compile some ideas for this upcoming one in November, and since it's going to be at our house (and the weather will be negotiable in Michigan in November) I may be able to convince myself to do a few with a lesser amount of clothing. Is there a website that you like to refer to?

What's the general consensus on BH's being more prevalant when you are more active? I feel like they just went crazy the day after my shopping extravaganza...now that my body is taking it easy again, they're not so bad. Is this fairly par for the course?

October 21st, 2012, 06:56 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlowesMum View Post
IV. Yay for second hand shopping! We went shopping yesterday and I spent way too much money at Once Upon a Child. Seriously, I could live in that store. Thank goodness my mother was there to help out with DD, because otherwise I'm sure I would have sadly neglected her in an attempt to find the cutest piece of 0-3 month clothing possible. Among my two favorite purchases, a matching set of burgundy velvet shoes for DD's Christmas outfit and a pair of burgundy Baby Gap leather moccasins for BW2. These poor girls don't stand a chance. Their genetically predisposed love affair with shoes has been written in stone for quite some time.
Hey, I'm popping in from the April DDC. Sorry to stalk your post :-)

Where are you from? If you don't mind me asking. We have a Once Upon a Child by me and I haven't been there yet but heard they have awesome stuff. Didn't know they were a chain or if you live in New York!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search