Birth Control after Delivery

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have been kind of up in the air about it. we have never gotten pregnant when we wernt trying and i cant take hormonal stuff since it make all sorts of crazy things happen. im pretty sure im dont but dh doesnt seem like he is so sure about it so i dont want him to get snipped and regret it latter. so as for now we are going with the same pulling out that has worked for the past 2 years.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 19th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm getting snipped after my c-section- done and done!
October 19th, 2012, 09:55 PM
jacesmomma's Avatar Veteran
Nothing here. Hubs will be deployed for nine months after DD gets here and there won't be any time for booty before he leaves so no need for anything. Lame right!?

October 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
I am going to try the nuva ring. From everything I've heard, I think it would be best for me. Have any of you ladies ever used it? And if so, did you like it?

October 20th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I will probably go on the pill until DH gets the snip which is the plan. Four children is plenty!
October 20th, 2012, 06:58 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraidensMommy View Post
I am going to try the nuva ring. From everything I've heard, I think it would be best for me. Have any of you ladies ever used it? And if so, did you like it?
I used it for probably 2- 2 1/2 years after my m/c. I loved it never had any issues until my body started doing goofy things and my cycles started bouncing around. My OB thinks it was my body just saying time for a change.
BraidensMommy likes this.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
October 20th, 2012, 08:55 PM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure we're done having kids. I'd ideally like DH to get snipped but at the moment he won't even talk about it. I refuse to take any more hormonal birth control so if he doesn't get snipped, he's going to deal with condoms. Tough cookies mister. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraidensMommy View Post
I used it for a few months and hated it! Maybe I never got it in there right but I always found it uncomfortable.

Little brother!
October 21st, 2012, 12:18 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlowesMum View Post
I know that BC is now one of those things that is supposed to be covered 100% under Obamacare, Tara. Do IUD's not qualify for some reason?
Oh I didn't even think of that. I do know though that a friend of mine went in for bc very recently (not an iud) and asked about this when checking out and havin to pay- they said its not in effect yet. Hopefully it will be by then!

Edited:
Ok... Dug a bit- seems the full birth control and other benefits coverage goes into effect when you renew your coverage- after aug 1,2012.... Mine doesn't renew until February.

Of everything i scanned... this sums it up well

"The free contraceptive coverage will take effect when the woman’s health plan is renewed, or when they begin a new health insurance plan. There are some exceptions, so it is important to check with your health insurance company to see when you will be eligible, according to ABC Action News.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/290528/free-birth-control-kicks-in-today/#xEShSHFiMLYup5qb.99"

Some of the exceptions are, as of now- it is limited to generic form... So things like Nuva ring, depo, ect will still have a copay if stated so in the insurance policy. The insurance companies are not obligated to have every kind free I charge to the member.

Last edited by ** Tay **; October 21st, 2012 at 12:45 AM.
October 21st, 2012, 03:13 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilhillrn View Post
My periods are too irregular (always have been) to use NFP.
I'm from the November DDC. I just wanted to say that modern methods of NFP- Creighton, Billings, and Sympto-Thermal don't require a regular cycle. They're not the old "calendar rhythm" method that base things on your past cycles. We've been using the Creighton Model of NFP for 9.5 years and we've NEVER had a surprise pregnancy, despite irregular cycles. I'd suggest looking into it.

October 21st, 2012, 09:17 PM
Veteran
We will just be using condoms, which is the only thing we've ever used. I'm not into the hormonal stuff and plan to still have 1 or 2 more, spacing to be determined on whatever God blesses us with. Once we are done having children, we will turn to something a bit more permanent - probably a V for DH.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search