Emotional Wreck

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By May14th2011
  • 2 Post By rlh27
  • 1 Post By rlh27

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2012, 12:33 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I've been an emotional wreck today. My m/s has been horrendous this week, even Zofran isn't helping, I haven't been sleeping, work has been one crisis after another, and other little stuff are just making me very overwhelmed today. Well, I just got another email from my crazy aunt about the stupid thank you card. It started out "This is what an acceptable thank you card would have said..." and ended with "keep this in mind, since it's obvious nobody taught you how to be appreciative." As I've said, usually I'm able to just brush it off as "oh there she goes again" but instead I just burst out crying uncontrollably. Of course this is at work, and everyone was thinking some catastrophic event happened, when all it is is that crazy aunt threw me over the edge and I'm sick of throwing up all the time. Can't a pregnant girl just have a meltdown every once and a while?!?!?!
October 19th, 2012, 12:38 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ohhh my goodness. if someone sent ME a message like that... they would never feel comfortable speaking to me ever again. That is so infuriating. What does your husband say?? He should lay the smack down for you! I'm so sorry everything is piling up. No one should have to deal with a crazy in-law on top of pregnancy AND terrible morning sickness.

October 19th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, Im so sorry!!! Your aunt sounds whack!! I mean, who says that? Crazy is right...

Im so sorry you're still dealing with m/s. It really is horrible, I know. The "third trimester morning sickness" has kicked in for me. I've been queasy and gagging all morning. I threw up a couple times the other day and twice last week. Im just SO DONE!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

October 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlc52811 View Post
ohhh my goodness. if someone sent ME a message like that... they would never feel comfortable speaking to me ever again. That is so infuriating. What does your husband say?? He should lay the smack down for you! I'm so sorry everything is piling up. No one should have to deal with a crazy in-law on top of pregnancy AND terrible morning sickness.
DH will deal with her (he always does when she pulls stuff like this), but since she pulls this stuff all the time we just kind of have an "oh there she goes again" mentality. We just don't take her seriously anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilhillrn View Post
Ugh, Im so sorry!!! Your aunt sounds whack!! I mean, who says that? Crazy is right...

Im so sorry you're still dealing with m/s. It really is horrible, I know. The "third trimester morning sickness" has kicked in for me. I've been queasy and gagging all morning. I threw up a couple times the other day and twice last week. Im just SO DONE!
Yeah, I'm so sick of it. DH tried to encourage me by saying I only have two months left, but all that did was depress me more. 2 more months of sickness?!?!?
October 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM
The Truth is out There
I'm sorry you're having to deal with m/s and crazy aunt. I admit, I wouldn't be very nice if I got an email like that. "Well, dear aunt, it seems no one taught you tact. You know, the art of not saying everything you think?"
I hope your day gets better.

October 19th, 2012, 01:17 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dude, send her back that stupid snap sleeper and book!! I'm getting angry for you, I love a good verbal smash down, just give me her number.
Sorry to hear the M/S is really bad right now, I really feel for you. If it makes you feel even an ounce better, when I had terrible 3rd tri m/s with Jack's pregnancy, it was all over the day I delivered. Relief will come, I promise.
Hugs, sweet Lucy!

October 19th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mary, I keep thinking of all the stuff I'm going to eat after delivery. My mom threw up the morning she had me, and was able to eat anything she wanted as soon as they would let her eat I think I'm going to gain 50lbs just because I can finally eat
~* Natasha *~ and gardenbelle like this.
October 19th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs Lucy... I can't even imagine dealing with all the M/S that you have. As for your aunt, would it help to enlist DH's parents in dealing with her? Maybe someone of her own generation would feel more comfortable telling her to back off and quit being such a PIA. I think I'd block her email if I were you, at least until after Caleb comes, so you don't even have to see any more of her nonsense!

October 19th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Aww I'm sorry, Lucy. Sorry you're having to deal with her and the morning sickness still. I'm not sure which is worse, though. I can't believe she said that to you! How incredibly rude!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

October 21st, 2012, 01:16 AM
Veteran
Wow. I'm sorry. I missed something earlier about her apparently. Can you just block her email? I can think of quite a few juicy replies including "I'm pregnant and hormonal. What is your excuse?"

I think that everyone is feeling overwhelmed right now. Maybe something about being a tank, exhausted, not sleeping and really ready to be done but not quite there.
October 21st, 2012, 05:24 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sucks, both the nasty email and the ms. Like some of the other ladies said, why not block her email until Caleb is born.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

October 21st, 2012, 10:51 AM
I've just been ignoring her. She just loves drama, and I think when she doesn't have any in her life she feels the need to create it. So by ignoring her I'm not feeding into her craziness. Now that I've had a few days to calm down, I'm not bothered by it any more. What's a family without drama and crazy relatives?
taatie10 likes this.
October 21st, 2012, 10:57 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Oh Lucy I'm so sorry you've having such a rough time.
Yes its more than okay for a very pregnant woman to have a meltdown. If you only have one I'd say your doing good.
Try to brush your Aunt off, a thank you card I didnt think had an acceptable and not acceptable way to do it. AS long as it comes from the heart.
I reallly hope your m/s gets better soon.
Probably stupid question but have you tried ginger tea?

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
October 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
I haven't tried ginger tea, but ginger candies don't help, so I don't think tea would either. The two things that seem to help me the most are Sour Patch Kids and lemonade. Granted, they only work for a few hours and only slightly lower the nausea level, but I'll take what I can get

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search