Nst's?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wondering how many are going for these now? I have my first one in 2 weeks and they will be every 2 weeks after that. One thing I'm worried about is if the babies are sleeping or something, do they find a way to make them active or wake them up during the test?

As of now baby a is breech and baby b is vertex so it looks like the c section is definite, which is ok, I was prepared for that mentally from day 1

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 19th, 2012, 03:17 PM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never had to have one. At my appt. yesterday, I asked my doc if I needed another sono or NST because I am AMA...he said he could order a sono if I wanted one, but it wasn't necessary at all. He said all looks good with me and baby, so it was up to me. Unless something pops up, I am going to just wait to see this little one when he/she gets here
I am going to be too tempted to sneak a peak at the sex if I have another sono...so I will just wait!

Our family is complete

October 19th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had 2 so far. The first was during my 3 hour GD test. They wanted to monitor how he did with that much sugar and he was bouncing off the walls like a champ poor thing.
The 2nd was 2 weeks ago and I didn't feel him moving that much cause he is more of a night owl, but they said everything looked fine so not sure what they do if LO is not active. But I think I will have another one next week and then alternate between the NST and ultrasounds since I have GD.
October 19th, 2012, 03:59 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I start going in 3 weeks, at 36 weeks due to AMA. I'm actually kind of excited about them, it's so nice and relaxing because the room is nice and dark and the only sound is the heartbeat of the baby.

October 19th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I start on monday, twice a week.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
October 19th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
when my two arent being really active they have this little vibrating thing that they poke at them with until they move or do what they want them to. hope you are doing yours in the hospital. when i do mine it is in a room with 6 chairs so its always crazy in there and there are always cranky kids. but as for movement they may also give you some juice to wake them up a bit if the vibrations dont help.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one on Tuesday I think. He said a biophysical profile which I think includes a nst. I had one with my first pregnancy but they didn't do anything to make the baby move or anything.

October 19th, 2012, 07:05 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
During an NST is a baby is sleeping they will some times use a buzzer to wake them up but also cold water.

I very much recommend eating before you go because that typically gets baby awake and moving.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
October 19th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Never had a NST before.

What is AMA?

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 19th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! I'll be sure to have a snack before I go! Hopefully they both cooperate

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 19th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
I started mine Thursday. I have to get one 2x a week until I deliver.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search