Mom of the week - Shadesofgrey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
He is not in a shop, he's actually not done any for a while. Focus has been on other things. He is good though, and if he didnt love his job working at the olympic park so much, he'd pursue it more.

Oh coffee... I do love it so much. I still drink it every day, just try not to go overboard. My favorite is a local roaster called Cafe Ibis. My favorite style is espresso or latte. Lately I have a cup from my french press each morning with a different flavor of creamer-I LOVE the holiday flavors!

I am mostly good with the downs stuff. I'll feel a little better after my appt next week and I get confirmation that he is growing well. It may just be the place Im in this week, but Im freaking out more about just having another baby than I am about the specific challenges we may face. The things I would be anxious about either way. I am excited, I had a dream the other night with my husband holding him
What does he do at the Olympic park? Awesome that he does tattoos and is good at them...wish my dh did because I have a lot of work I'd love to get done but can't justify the money.

My dh drinks espresso like crazy. I'm more of a coffee drinker but do love the occasional latte. Yum! Gotta have the french press. We have one regular and one for on the go, 1 regular coffee maker, 1 big espresso maker & 1 small crappy one. Do you make your own espresso & lattes at home? Coffee flavors are great but I'm typically a creamer & splenda drinker. Gotta have the flavors now and then though

It's awesome that you are doing so well with the Down's stuff. I really think God has an awesome plan for you guys. It's pretty exciting all of the unknown but of course we all want him healthy I'll be praying for a positive report on his growth. That is so sweet that you dreamed of him I bet you and dh both can't wait to have him in your arms. So funny how we worry about all of the stuff with these babies and generally for nothing. They fit the family so easy and well.

Thanks for sharing...Greyson is a cutie pie and he looks like he has so much character
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

October 26th, 2012, 06:24 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did you meet DH, Ashleigh?

What's the best book you've read recently?

What types of music do you listen to?
October 26th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripstress View Post
What does he do at the Olympic park? Awesome that he does tattoos and is good at them...wish my dh did because I have a lot of work I'd love to get done but can't justify the money.

My dh drinks espresso like crazy. I'm more of a coffee drinker but do love the occasional latte. Yum! Gotta have the french press. We have one regular and one for on the go, 1 regular coffee maker, 1 big espresso maker & 1 small crappy one. Do you make your own espresso & lattes at home? Coffee flavors are great but I'm typically a creamer & splenda drinker. Gotta have the flavors now and then though

It's awesome that you are doing so well with the Down's stuff. I really think God has an awesome plan for you guys. It's pretty exciting all of the unknown but of course we all want him healthy I'll be praying for a positive report on his growth. That is so sweet that you dreamed of him I bet you and dh both can't wait to have him in your arms. So funny how we worry about all of the stuff with these babies and generally for nothing. They fit the family so easy and well.

Thanks for sharing...Greyson is a cutie pie and he looks like he has so much character
John works on the bobsled crew, right now they are making and maintaining ice for the winter. T hey have some competitions coming up soon. During the summer he pilots summer sleds.

I DO have an espresso maker! I got it last Black Friday for $20. I've definitely gotten my moneys worth! I haven made my own for a while. Ive been sticking to the french press more and I get a latte if im out with friends.

Yes, character... thats what it is! lol He can be quite a handful. I am afraid of him being 'that kid' at school, but he seems to be adjusting pretty well. I think him going to school will be helpful when Truett 'pops out of my tummy' as Greyson puts it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 26th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlowesMum View Post
How did you meet DH, Ashleigh?

What's the best book you've read recently?

What types of music do you listen to?
John and I met at a friends house. She lived in a house divided into 4 apartments and he had moved in with a friend upstairs. We started hanging out a bit and he brought me a rose one night. I told him I needed a friend. Then, over the next 6 months, he did just that. Until one night I kissed him.

I hadnt read anything that isnt baby or downs related for quite a while. Then I needed a distraction and started 50 Shades of Grey. Easy read. I had avoided it for so long because I was irritated that they stole my screen name

I am mostly a boys with guitars kinda girl. I love Michael Franti, Jack Johnson, Eric Hutchinson, Joshua Radin. But I also like stuff like Mumford and sons, Queen, and good old 90s country music-thats what I tend to clean to

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 26th, 2012, 10:02 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tell us more about this back tattoo...What's this piece all about?
I can't imagine being so dedicated to a piece of artwork!
October 26th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripstress View Post
Awesome that he does tattoos and is good at them...wish my dh did because I have a lot of work I'd love to get done but can't justify the money.
Ya know, 8 years with a tattoo artist, and I only have 2. One is really small, the other is pretty big but not finished. One day! I had hoped to have it done before my friends wedding back in June, but getting pregnant in April kinda threw that out the window I know that if it wasnt free, I wouldnt have what I've got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlowesMum View Post
Tell us more about this back tattoo...What's this piece all about?
I can't imagine being so dedicated to a piece of artwork!
Thats why I havent got more than 2! They are all Ive been willing to commit to!

Its a cherry blossom tree, kinda truffula tree like John sat and drew on me for hours for inspiration. Its going to fade into negative space at the top and have little cherry blossoms blowing up and over, capping my left shoulder.
MarlowesMum likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search