My exciting weekend :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Disco cure cancer was Friday night and was a Blast!! I was dressed in style and danced, danced, danced. But I also sat, sat, sat darn feet and belly! But the great thing is with a room of over 2,000 people and no open chairs, any man was willing to stand for a pregnant chick.

Baby shower was Saturday morning and was a better turn out than expected. DH's family still didn't come but oh well. For the two tables of people that did come, we got a TON of stuff!! DH's truck and my car were full to the max

All of the large items that we needed were purchased- car seat, diaper bucket, breast pump, boppy, high chair, changing table. And we received a lot of outfits! When my grandma heard DH's family wasn't coming she went out and shopped again... about 20 outfits later I can say she gets the cake for largest gift bag ever.

There is still a lot of stuff that we need. None of the little things were gifted and if they were it was in itty bitty amounts. Stuff like bottles, binkeys, burp cloths, butt paste, and bath supplies are in high need right now. I'm going to wait till after my work shower to see what other surprises come out

On a different note- please continue to pray for DH's dad. I reviewed his PET scan results and his cancer is a lot more extensive than they've been telling family. At 30% survival rate, starting chemo and radiation, and DH's mom being in China for work till the 1st, DH is home with FIL. His heart is giving up and I told DH his goal for the next two weeks it attitude.... He has to fight this and stay optimistic!

Any prayers are welcomed.

October 22nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay on a great baby shower...

T&p for your fil and family.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 22nd, 2012, 03:44 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Sounds like a really fun weekend! We need pics, though!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

October 22nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol, I want to upload pics but with DH gone my only options are pictures via text. Stupid touch pad

You'd all laugh at the nursery right now! Can not see the floor. Lol.

October 22nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great to hear about the baby shower! Sorry to hear about FIL though, that really stinks. Sending a prayer.
October 23rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can't wait to see photos of the goodies, Kelly.

FWIW, 30% is still better than what it could be - and he's definitely got a fighting chance. Oncologists are learning more and more every single day about what works best to fight cancer - with results!

I remember the day that I realized exactly how tenacious (and the extremely high recurrence rate) my sister's sarcoma was. I cried for hours. My sister (Bless her heart) had to console ME. She promised me that she wasn't going to let it beat her - and she then underwent the toughest year of her life, including a voluntary ileostomy that lasted 3 months after she recovered from her total hysterectomy. But one year later, every CT scan has come back clean (her one year CT was last week).

There's always hope, Kelly. Even in really bad situations. Hugs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search