Fun day at L&D rolls eyes

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 11:46 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Had another fun filled day at L&D. Failed my NST. Baby was fairly reactive and such but I was having pretty strong contractions that went from like 8 mins apart to about 4 so they sent me over to L&D after several hours of this and an ultrasound that showed some decrease in cervical length. At L&D I got a shot and fluids and they slowed down after quite a few hours. Got checked and had a bit of dilation (1cm maybe 1 1/2) and softening. Got to stay for a lot more hours and finally got discharged. On my way home, dh's car went bezerk and I broke down on the side of the freeway. Sigh. My bestest cousin came and rescued me so all is well after a nice 9 hour day. Never going to my doc without hubby never never never again. Baby girl weighed in at 4lb 10oz on ultrasound by the way. Measured a bit ahead but no biggie. I am now going to go sleep for a week Guess my nesting yesterday and this morning didn't do me any favors in the baby department.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
October 23rd, 2012, 05:41 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
Oh man, sorry you had such a long day in l&d! I hope your body calms down and LO stays baking for a few more weeks. Glad she is growing strong, though! Sorry about the car, too What a crappy way to end an already long day. I hope you are getting some good rest!
Due with #2 on July 10

October 23rd, 2012, 06:01 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Aww sorry you had such a long, stressful day. Did the contractions stop or are you still having them?

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

October 23rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a pretty crappy day, but I'm glad you are home and resting and MORE glad that baby looks good!

Daffney

October 23rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow what a day! So the contractions you get, are they strong or painful? I still haven't gotten called with the booking for my NST yet!

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
They do feel stronger for sure. They were getting sort of achy type painful at times before I got my shot. I am still having sporadic ones but they don't feel as yucky. The ones at the hospital when I first got there were actually making me feel kind of queezy like my whole insides were squeezing or something. It was just a bad feeling in general. At home now I mostly just feel the weird tightening sensation and if I am standing, some cervix pinching type pain.

October 23rd, 2012, 04:49 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh wow Crystal!! I'm glad that things have settled down and you were able to go home but it seems like lil Ms Emmalyn is determined to make an early appearance...hopefully she will sit tight for a few more weeks though. When is your next appointment? What is the Dr outlook on this?

Thank you Jaidynsmum

October 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
I posted on this I thought... maybe JM ate it lol. Basically to take it easy, try to hit 35 weeks then we shall surrender on trying to stop her. If I have a poor NST on thursday or a lot of contractions between then and now we will do steroids on thurs and monday I think? Or something like that. Fluid level has been alright so that part is good at least. We are still trying to not do many cervical checks but he said we will play it by ear on whether we will do them or not at each appt if we feel it is necessary.

October 23rd, 2012, 09:36 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You've definitely come a long way and have done great at keeping her baking!

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 24th, 2012, 04:27 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully she will continue to bake longer!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search