Losing Weight... Again

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hilhillrn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
ARG!

I was so happy that I had finally been gaining at the normal rate, and even catching up a bit. I don't weigh myself often, but I do try to step on the scale a few days before my appointment so I'm not surprised when weighed at the doctor's office. I was shocked to see that I'm down 4lbs from my last appointment. I know my m/s has been bad, but jeesh, 4lbs? My weight loss wasn't even that fast in the 1st trimester!

I know it's not abnormal to lose or maintain late in pregnancy, but is it too early for that? Anybody else not gaining weight? I'm not concerned about it, because my belly is still growing and baby is as active as ever, but still, it kind of freaked me out to see the scale go down by that much.
Due with #2 on July 10

October 23rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an appt today Lucy, and I was up 2 inches from my 31 week appt, but down 2 pounds. Personally, I was thrilled...but I can see how you would be a little bummed. As long as baby is continuing to grow...I still don't think you need to worry.
October 23rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Caleb's Mommy!
Good to know, Maggie I know it's all from the m/s, and not having much room in my stomach. I mean, if I get sick when I eat, my stomach seems to be the size of a ping pong ball, and I'm carrying around a bowling ball all day, it seems logical that I'd lose. I'm not all that upset about it because he's growing and active. It was just kind of shocking when I saw the number. Oh well, that's a little less I'll have to lose when the baby gets here
Due with #2 on July 10

October 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Exactly...
Plus, it's a complete and total crapshoot for most of us these days. I might go in at my next two week and be up 8.

Don't get me wrong, I'd cry. But I'd still be semi-not surprised.
October 23rd, 2012, 01:41 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've lost weight the past two weeks but I'm not sure how much because I keep forgetting to do a morning weight check instead of an afternoon one. I think around 2 lbs though? I'm pretty sure it's from the morning sickness I've been getting at night.

October 23rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I'm definitely not having this problem, the opposite actually, but so sorry to hear you're still having morning sickness issues.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

October 23rd, 2012, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Try not to worry about it, really. Baby will get what he needs. We just have a few more weeks of this and then no more m/s.

I dont know if this will make you feel better or not, but I remember watching one of those shows, "Im pregnant and..." and this one woman was pregnant and anorexic. She was so terrified to gain weight during pregnancy but also tried to fight the anorexia in order to be healthy for her baby.... I mean, she ate the bare minimum... I think she only gained like 10 lbs the whole pregnancy... But she gave birth to a perfectly healthy 8 lb baby, if I remember.
rlh27 likes this.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

October 24th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
I talked to my mom last night, and she said the same thing happened to her. Since my pregnancy has pretty much mimicked her's, it makes sense that it's happening to me too. I seriously cannot wait until I can eat like a normal person again.
Due with #2 on July 10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search