What will you be wearing during labor?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 09:36 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm starting to think about packing up my hospital bag (key word: think!) and I'm wondering what everyone is planning on wearing for your labor if you are planning on a natural delivery and moving about the room.
Last time, I brought sweats and a nursing tank, but I ended up stripping off the sweats when the contractions started and it wasn't modest to say the least. This time, I'd like to plan a little better, but I really don't want to buy a special outfit just for the labor if I don't have to.
What is everyone packing? I tried the hospital gowns the first time and they are great if you plan on lying on your back the whole time, but bad if you are moving around.
October 23rd, 2012, 09:42 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I'm probably just going to go with the hospital gown and my ankle length bath robe for when I want to move around. I dont want to buy a special outfit for labor that could get who knows what on it.
I'm trying to find some cheap but comfy pants pajamas to wear after I deliver and am cleaned up.

But I guess I better start doing more serious thinking into my list.

October 23rd, 2012, 09:45 PM
The Truth is out There
I would like to find a cheap sundress or something, something that can be pulled up to the waist if needed but still looks somewhat decent on top.
I really haven't given it much thought, and I might just go with a hospital gown. I definitely want a nicer top for pictures though.

October 24th, 2012, 03:23 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will probably just wear what the hospital has, but bring a rob if I want to get up and move around. I should probably start "thinking" about packing my bag also!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

October 24th, 2012, 05:19 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I really need to get back to packing my bag too. I'm a c section (not planned until Dec 7 but Lord knows I'll never make that time...I'm still aiming for black friday!)

All I've got packed right now is a few outfits for the kid (one preemie and one newborn) and underwear and socks for me. Laughable. lol
October 24th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Hospital gown and housecoat for when I'm up and moving around. If my labor is anything like my track record then I will just be in gown and the hospital bed a hour before I have him lol. So would not even be up moving around. I tend to progress reall quickly in labor. Praying it is quick this time to.
October 24th, 2012, 05:38 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They don't give us an option - so hospital gown it is...(Although I suppose if I wanted to buy a more stylish hospital gown they would allow that.)

But here are my brand new post-delivery hospital pajamas from belabumbum's nursing collection!
taatie10 and burnbot like this.

October 24th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I just bought my hospital clothes last Friday. I plan on wearing the hospital gown for during labor and delivery, but I bought a lightweight knee length robe that I'll wear over it for walking around. And then I bought a loose, stretchy cotton knee length nightgown that I will change in to as soon as I can shower and change. I figure I really want to change into my own clothes as soon as I can, but that a gown would be easier at first.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

October 24th, 2012, 06:08 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Wow, Marlowe's Mom - you are braaaave with those white pajama pants

I will labour in the hospital gown, and change into some old comfy pajamas once I am allowed to have my shower. Nothing fancy for me
MarlowesMum likes this.
October 24th, 2012, 06:44 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
I want to buy something to wear (i hate wearing nightgowns and hate hosptial gowns even more) but im not sure what to get. I figure I'll get some cute pjs from Target to bring but Im not sure if they even will let me wear pants.

October 24th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Sounds like the hospital gown + house coat is the common combo. This sounds great for the start of labor before I work up a sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by May14th2011 View Post
I would like to find a cheap sundress or something, something that can be pulled up to the waist if needed but still looks somewhat decent on top.
I really haven't given it much thought, and I might just go with a hospital gown. I definitely want a nicer top for pictures though.
A sundress sounds great. I have some cotton maternity ones that I will never wear again after the delivery so this might be a perfect idea.
October 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wore a tank top and pajama pants before but also unmodestly lost the pants pretty quick. I really did not care! This time, Id like to have a bit more than just a tank top on for hours so Im thinking about wearing short chemise style nightgowns. That way Im as comfy as I would be in a tank top but with a bit more coverage Ive got a couple so I probably wont buy anything new.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 24th, 2012, 09:02 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad I looked at this post. Being a FTM I haven't even thought about this yet! I will pack my robe for if I do wear a hospital gown but a sundress also sounds like a comfortable option. I think I may pack both so I can be comfortable either way. I have no clue how I am going to feel when I am in labor.

October 24th, 2012, 12:02 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I really want to find cute comfy pajamas for after but that dont look totally like pj's. But not pay a ton for them.

Any suggestions of some found online?

October 24th, 2012, 12:09 PM
IamVillanueva's Avatar Veteran
Definitely a hospital gown for L&D. I like to wear another gown backwards, so my bum's not sticking out for the world to see!
gardenbelle likes this.
DD#1 Isadora 8 yrs old
DD#2 Maya 5 yrs old
EDD 12/3/12
October 24th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamVillanueva View Post
Definitely a hospital gown for L&D. I like to wear another gown backwards, so my bum's not sticking out for the world to see!
Great idea; I never thought of this!
October 24th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are planning a home waterbirth so Im going to wear either a nursing tank or just a sports bra with a labor skirt. It's like a swimsuit skirt that you can get into and out of the water with. Who knows, though, I get pretty animalistic in labor I might just go au naturale, LOL!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 24th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My last two I just wore a sports bra and nothing else to labor in! I was in and out of the tub and hot etc, no modesty here while in labor! Right after I put on the hospital gown and then the next day I think I wore a nursing bra, tank top and capri sweat pants. I think I'll do the same this time around!

October 24th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
sweatpants and a shirt.
October 24th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well seeing how i was not planning on having babies right then it was a gound for me. i probably would have went that way anyway but since i had a c cection i had to have a gound anyway.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search