Dr appt today (32 weeks)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DawnVH
  • 1 Post By crystalcherry

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 09:35 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I'll be 33 weeks on Friday. Looks like I'm still measuring at 33 weeks but growth scan ultrasound will confirm if baby is growing well too. (I sure feel like the baby is growing fine...so I have no worries about this) Also my ultrasound will give us an idea of how much my cervical length has changed in these last 2 weeks. I told the doctor that I hadn't been feeling well these last two days....flu like symptoms and I've been really dizzy. I know that's how I felt before going into labor the last 2 times. While I was at the dr I felt a few small contractions but told him I would just go home and see if it continued and come back if I felt worried about it. He did check my cervix today to see if I've progressed. He said that I was still about the same as last time (about 1 cm) so that was encouraging that the bdrwt is working. (even though this last week I've been up a little more than I should have been)

I still have been feeling a few contractions every now and then, but think that's from him checking me today. If they continue, I'll give a call and go back in to be monitor3ed, but at the moment, I think I am going to get a few things done before heading back to bed. I know that's so wrong of me...I should be laying down...but the doctor said to me something interesting today. he wants to get me at least 3 more weeks. He said 3 1/2 would be great, but he's hoping for 3 weeks. What I think is interesting is that he had always told me he wants to get me to 37 weeks......3 1/2 weeks puts me at 36 weeks.......I always think at each appt he's not telling me something...lol. I mean, I realize this time around I have an incompetent cervix with it funneling so soon........so I know that there's always a chance I'll go early again....but I think he just doesn't tell me everything so I don't get alarmed. Heck;..fine with me
October 24th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Glad to hear there hasn't been much cervix change, but hopefully the contractions stop!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

October 24th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Cassie: well, not sure yet about cervical length and the funneling yet. We just know that the dilation is just at a 1. Effacement and funneling will be confirmed on tomorrows TV ultrasound! Hoping for good results!
October 24th, 2012, 12:04 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the scan shows minimal changes. I asked my dr about funneling after already having children and he said it is pretty common. Sometimes I think they give small goals to cover their rears if you go early.
DawnVH likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I think funneling is pretty common towards the end of pregnancy. However, mine has been funneling since week 22. I had multiple surgeries on my cervix so this is most likely the cause of my incompetent cervix.

ugh. I'm thinking I will have to go back in though. I can't get these contractions to stop. it may be time for another shot.......going to watch it for another 45 minutes. but I've already had 4 in the last 30 minutes.
October 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, Im glad you had a good appt but not to hear you're likely to be back. Hopefully those contractions stop...

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 24th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hope you contractions stop for you. i know going in all the time is not fun. i also know what you mean about not being told everything. when they sent me here yesterday they told me it was because they couldnt get b to move but when my ob came in he said it was becuse a only scored 4 out of 8 on her nst. i guess it was just a combonation of all of it that made them decide and they just didnt want me to worry as much.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 24th, 2012, 08:14 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnVH View Post
I think funneling is pretty common towards the end of pregnancy. However, mine has been funneling since week 22. I had multiple surgeries on my cervix so this is most likely the cause of my incompetent cervix.

ugh. I'm thinking I will have to go back in though. I can't get these contractions to stop. it may be time for another shot.......going to watch it for another 45 minutes. but I've already had 4 in the last 30 minutes.

I have had several cone biopsies, freezing and then LEEP. How do they expect us to have a "normal" cervix after all of the mess they do to them. I understand they are necessary for our health but dang it sure makes it hard to keep a baby in.
I hope the ctx have stopped and you don't have to get another one of those nasty shots!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search