Other moms of toddler aged kids..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was pg with Matthew, Austin was 8 years old and actually a huge help. Now Matthew on the other hand, especially over the last couple weeks, has turned into a nightmare. I'm feeling majorly guilty because I feel like it's my fault. I've just been sooo wiped out that I know I haven't been as consistent or "present" if you will, as he needs me to be. For example, food is turning into a huge issue. It always has been a problem but normally I'm pretty good about watching what he eats and I have the patience and energy to wait him out when he decides he "isn't going to eat something". Lately, whatever he asks for, I give him, because I want him to eat and just do not have the energy to have an hour long battle about it. We went to the doctor this morning because I had to repeat my glucose and he was SO out of control, I was in tears by the time we left because I was so humiliated. He was climbing all over everything, crying, running around in circles and just in general ridiculous. I really feel like a lot of this is the fact that I spend a lot of time laying around and I'm going to try and be more engaged but it's just so hard right now.

Daffney

October 24th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry you are feeling so stressed. dd has been the same way. its like they know when we get to tired or worn out to make them mind. hopefully things will start to look up

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

October 24th, 2012, 11:42 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
This too will pass! Could it also be that he knows that there is a new little one on the way that will get some more attention as well? He's acting out for your attention, and I know its hard...my 3 year old is doing the same thing at our house. I haven't been able to go in public but I know he's been that way with my husband...not listening and just plain ignoring requests and he hasn't eaten well either. I know it's because he's missing out on a lot of mom time at home too. What I have tried to do is spend some extra time with him (even if it IS in my bed) .I pull out the computer and he sits besides me as we play games on pbs kids together, read books, hug each other and giggle, play tickle monster, etc. He gets some time with mommy that he needs and I get the time I need to actually feel like I am DOING SOMETHING.

Good luck! It won't be forever!
October 24th, 2012, 12:01 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elijah has gotten to the point where he is peeing in his pants which is a huge step backwards. He also demands to be picked up and wants to be rocked to sleep. I can't go anywhere without him acting like a fool. I think it may be more from anxiety because they can sense the changes that are hapening. My older 2 seem to be pushing me more because they know I'm tired and will give in to them easily.

October 24th, 2012, 12:06 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought I was the only one. Cade has been acting out even to the point of hitting me. I REFUSE to take him anywhere, even to the store, with out DH. I also ask him what he wants to eat, and cook him that, I don't have the energy to fight him anymore.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

October 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just keep hoping that I will have the energy to correct his behavior more consistently when she is here. It's just super frustrating, but I'm glad I'm not alone.

Daffney

October 24th, 2012, 12:42 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending hugs! I can relate. Penny has been a little out of sorts lately on top of the typical 2 1/2 year old shenanigans and I wonder if it's because she knows the baby is coming soon. She's been pretending to nurse and talking about "boobie" constantly. Yesterday at our mommy and me class, she shouted out boobie in front of everyone. Many of the moms looked at me and asked, "did she just say boobie? Is she still nursing?" I told them, "nope, but apparently she still remembers!"
About the GD test, if it makes you feel any better, I had to take Penny to mine and she was very bored and misbehaving towards the end too.
October 24th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww hun, I totally understand. Trust me! I have an almost-2 yr old and an almost-4 yr old. On top of this SPD, spitting, and just being plain exhausted, I am just wiped out all the time. Im more snappy than usual, yell (and I HATE yelling!)... Crying all the time... This place is an absolute mess all the time because I Just cant bend over 1000 times a day to pick up all these little toys. Charlotte is a big help sometimes but I cant expect her to clean up the whole house, lol, so I just get so frustrated at myself.

Im just trying to hang in there... Telling myself that in 6 weeks everything will (somewhat) go back to normal...

Oh, and I can totally relate to the monster shinanigans at dr's appts, haha. I'd have to take both girls a lot and sometimes we'd have to wait over 2 hrs. OMG. I thought I was going to lose my mind! We switched to a midwife recently who does appts at your house and phew, Im so relieved! LOL

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 24th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive been snapping at Greyson more lately, I hate when I find myself yelling. He is pushing me more and just not eating. He'd rather just drink milk, juice, or water and argue about whether he really needs food. Thank goodness for pediasure.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 24th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of mine are clingy and have regressed some too, I think it is normal. We do what we can, and the important part is that you recognize it and know it is just temporary. Hang in there!

October 24th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me too- I have a 3 year old and a 20 month old and they both feel more out of control to me. It is so frustrating when your body and energy level just can't keep up with what you want to give your children. I just keep telling myself that it is temporary and I'm doing the best I can.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search