Going to go crazy!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By PaxtonsMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 12:56 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
So Ethan has recently gotten in a phase where he constantly wants to be held, but only when whoever is holding him is standing up. If someone is not holding him while standing he screams and cries. If you hold him sitting down, same thing. When my husband is around, its pretty easy for him to hold Ethan for long periods of time, but I'm fairly small, and I can't hold him for too long without getting tired / sore. I've tried sitting with him and talking to him, or reading to him (which he used to love), but he doesn't want anythign to do with it. He absolutely hates being in any kind of wrap or sling, so that isn't an option. I am home by myself all day and I don't know what to do. It's really starting to stress me out! Has anyone else had this problem?
October 24th, 2012, 03:48 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
have you tried sitting him in a highchair? I dunno if this is the case with yours but ive noticed that Raini likes to be where she can see everything and her highchair gives her a great view

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
October 24th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
jill has been super fussy like this lately. i found that if i take her for a walk in her stroller it helps a ton. then i dont have to hold her constantly. she gets so heavy it hurts my arms. no matter how much she is screaming this always works. i tried a ton of things like bouncing her on my lap, holding her close so shes comforted by me, laying down with her, laying her on her tummy which she usually loves, her swing and prob a ton more but a walk or the car seem to work the best.
October 24th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I haven't tried the high chair because he still isn't able to balance himself very well yet (probably because he rarely lets me put him down!), and I have tried the stroller idea, but he just wants to be up high I guess. I usually do end up laying with him until he goes to sleep, but it's made it to where he doesn't like to go to sleep at night as easy as he used to.
October 25th, 2012, 06:32 AM
raini has used her high chair from day one. she hates laying down, loves to sit up. i just used receiving blankets on both sides of her to help balance her. its something that's worth a try!

also my highchair has wheels onit so I just drag her from the dining room to the kitchen if im doing dishes or something. i give her some baby spoons or measuring cups, and i tell her what im doing the whole time, so she's happy if im talking to her.

October 25th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Addy does this sometimes, she won't be happy unless we are standing up with her. Although I have found that sometimes, she just doesn't want to be held at all, she wants to be laying on her play mat and left to talk to her toys or chew on her hands or whatever on her own. Have you tried that? Other than that, the highchair with some extra support in it sounds like a great idea!
The Lesha likes this.

October 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I'll definitely have to look into the high chair idea. I have tried laying him down and giving him different toys to play with but he's not interested. I guess he just likes being up high. Maybe if I get him to sit in the high chair it will encourage him to want to sit up more.
October 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pax loves his high chair - he eats his fruit/veggies/cereal there and then i put some toys on there so he plays...if he just wants some togetherness and I'm working at the island, he just chills out there and we chat while I work.
The Lesha likes this.

October 26th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Jessie O's Avatar Veteran
High chair trick works on Nicholas too, if only for 5 minutes. He really likes being at the same level as everyone else, right in the middle of everything. He's a fussy guy too, definitely know how you feel!
October 26th, 2012, 06:43 PM
lol glad I'm not the only one with a fussy one! Sure does feel that way sometimes.
October 26th, 2012, 08:35 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
I had the same issue with Duke. He wanted to be held by someone walking and patting him. I eventually just sat there and let him cry. It took him a few days but he realized that he wasn't getting his way. He still does it a little now and then when hes cranky. But its no where near what it was!

October 27th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Super Mommy
Keep trying the wrap/sling also might be they start liking it again and it really helps. Adler likes being up in the bouncy seat on the counter while I work in the kitchen sometimes too. I can understand your arms getting tired. Adler had a fussy night while we were at my parents and I held him for a couple of hours ( I forgot my carrier doh!) and I was worn out, my arms felt like lead later that night. It will pass though and they wont want to be held anymore.
October 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I tried the high chair with no luck. He had a really fussy weekend where even holding him wouldn't help. I thought it might be teething, so I gave him some teething tablets, but no luck there either. Today we went to the dr and she said it could be silent reflux. Basically its like regular reflux, but instead of spitting up like most babies, he swallows it instead, so it burns both coming up and going down. We got some Zantac for it so hopefully this will take care of it. I hate hearing him cry and not knowing what he wants. It breaks my heart!
October 30th, 2012, 07:37 AM
awww poor boy i hope the zantac helps!

Raini has been going through this, the past few days. she is teething though, i can feel the tooth on her gums. she is sooo fussy.

October 30th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Ethan is teething too. I feel your pain. His cries are just so much different when it was teething pain compared to the reflux pain. Plus when he's teething he always wants a pacifier. When its reflux, he wants food. So far the Zantac has been a miracle. He started it last night and had a dose this morning and he has been soo happy. He sat in the bumbo for around 30 minutes, which is impressive for him lol. Then he played for an hour or so before getting fussy. He's napping on my chest right now, but I did read that the medicine could make him tired. Crossing my fingers things keep going well!
October 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM
That's great news!!! So glad he's feeling better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search