Question for BTDT moms: Does M/S relent upon delivery?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MarlowesMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 10:08 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't ask for myself, I was just thinking about poor Lucy the other day and how she (and others) are STILL having ongoing m/s issues.

So that got me to wondering: Is delivery like an "off" switch for m/s? Not having had it the first time around (and only in the first trimester this time) - I have no clue. But for those of you BTDT moms who suffered through full pregnancy M/S - what's the general consensus on this?

Inquiring minds want to know.
October 25th, 2012, 10:12 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Thanks for your concern, Maggie

I obviously don't yet have first hand experience, but my mom threw up the morning she had me from m/s and felt normal as soon as they would let her eat. She said delivery was an instant off switch for her m/s I seriously am looking forward to eating at an all you can eat buffet as soon as I can.
October 25th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had m/s with each of my previous pregnancies the whole time and this time too. I missed a dose if zofran the other day and have beeen unable to catch up ever since, ugh! However, mine lasted until about 24-48 hours after delivery the last two times. It is def something to look forward to!

October 25th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep! With me, as soon as the placenta came out, I felt back to normal!!! I cant wait for this spitting to be gone!!!! And yes, nausea, it has come back, esp at night.....

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 25th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After having Greyson, I didnt have any more problems and I didnt take zofran. Though, I did have them give me zofran through the epidural because I was not willing to throw up while in labor!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 25th, 2012, 12:28 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I was throwing up all the way up to pushing with my firstborn and I was fine within the day and eating dinner with no problems. The weirdness about food totally went away; it was amazing.

October 25th, 2012, 12:30 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey! There's definitely light at the end of the tunnel for you poor people!
Shades of Grey and rlh27 like this.
October 26th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I felt weird still for the first 24 hours, but it was like an "off" switch all of a sudden. It was amazing!! I think I'll enjoy especially now with all this diabetic diet crap I have to do.

Daffney

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search