Breast let down...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Peytonsmomma
  • 3 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By Summerdays12
  • 1 Post By **Jenn**
  • 1 Post By cincy1luv

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 08:58 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is this?????

I don't think I've had it. Also my breast never got rock hard or "fake" looking, they're just giant monsters, I know there is all kinds of milk in them, Jett eats great, and I get 1-2oz if I pump after I feed....

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
October 25th, 2012, 09:04 PM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
I haven't felt let down either.. But she gets lots of milk and her poop isn't frothy green (foremilk only) idk.

October 25th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Peytonsmomma
you will feel it about the 2 week to 3 week mark, you can definately tell if you use a medela pump, on my left side it has the "let down suction" on it, for me on my right side, i feel him latch on, the first let down feels like a tingling sensation on my right and instantly on my left i feel the same thing, i then will hear him swallowing im now getting a second let down on my right side and getting more milk pumped on my left side.
abur likes this.
October 25th, 2012, 09:32 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
My baby is 6 days and I started feeling the let down yesterday. I also know what to look for since he is my 3rd bf baby but it stings from the top of my breast to my nipple and ill feel it on the opposite side at the same time.

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

October 25th, 2012, 09:53 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Okay, don't laugh, but the only way I can describe my let down is to say it is like an orgasm in the boob. Anticipation/tingling followed by release. Mine is rarely painful. I haven't felt strong letdown yet with Jamison, probably because of my oversupply issues.

October 26th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel a tingling sensation during letdown. Mine is painful sometimes, especially when my breasts are full. Ouch.
October 26th, 2012, 06:24 AM
CrunchyChristian
My letdowns sting. And I hate that if something touches my breast (if one of my kids hugs me or I bump against something) or if I just think about breastfeeding my milk lets down! I had that happen at the store and of course my nursing pad had shifted so nothing was protecting my bra/shirt and I got soaked.
October 26th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
not sure if I've had let down yet. I've had the stinging pain, and I've had Savina swallow like a crazy baby, sometimes (in the last couple days) tilting her head back as if it was too much for her to handle. Could be let down... ? hmm

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
October 26th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I like the way it feels! It's like a release of pressure for me. I only feel it in my left breast when Jonah is nursing on my right. I never feel it when I pump though or in my right breast.

October 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bleh. It kills me! And I also hate that thinking about anything to do with anything make me leak lol Seriously. I can look at my boob, look at Hannah, think of milk, think of my boob, etc. etc. etc. and I start leaking. If I don't pump on schedule the letdown hurts like h*ll! I tried to explain it to DH yesterday but couldn't.....it's just a complete fullness of my boobs...idk!
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

October 26th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abur View Post
Bleh. It kills me! And I also hate that thinking about anything to do with anything make me leak lol Seriously. I can look at my boob, look at Hannah, think of milk, think of my boob, etc. etc. etc. and I start leaking. If I don't pump on schedule the letdown hurts like h*ll! I tried to explain it to DH yesterday but couldn't.....it's just a complete fullness of my boobs...idk!
I was trying to explain it to my hubby last night! He was so confused lol.
abur likes this.

October 26th, 2012, 09:31 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have breastfed all together for 5 years 8 months and counting and I have never felt a letdown. I can also count on one hand the amount of times I've gotten engorged and I rarely leak. I've got a kick butt supply though and have for all of them but my first and that was only because it was compromised by a stupid pediatrician. Everyones different and you just may not experience it, doesn't mean you don't have plenty of milk!
lovely.carlie likes this.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

Last edited by **Jenn**; October 26th, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
October 26th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I don't get engorged or leak either.

October 26th, 2012, 09:41 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I don't remember feeling the let down with my first daughter and she BF for 22 months. I started feeling it when Eli was a baby though and I feel it part of the time now. I don't leak often and I'm not engorged anymore, but I have been wearing nursing pads just in case lately.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
October 26th, 2012, 09:56 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
I leak like crazy and my right boob is aways bigger?!
CrunchyChristian likes this.
October 26th, 2012, 01:44 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I would think when you have a let down you would feel it I know it seems like I feel more and more with each baby though. I know with my first I didn't feel it for a long time and never felt it with the pump at first.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

October 26th, 2012, 07:04 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Got it =)

My Boobs are def sore when it's feeding time, for about 30-45min before feeding time, I'm also getting the tingling too.

I don't leak, and I have not got "engorged" I mean they are HUGE but they didn't get hard or "fake" looking, just real real big

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search