Your dream labor/delivery

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By rlh27
  • 3 Post By daffneyc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2012, 07:52 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As we are all approaching full term, let's throw our perfect scenarios out there to the universe and cultivate some positive visualization.

If labor delivery took place in your dream world...

What date would you have the baby?

How would the labor/delivery go?

How big would the baby be?
October 26th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Dec 16, its the date of our first kiss

Id want to labor in water, hopefully labor would be much shorter than the 20 hours it was with Greyson.
*edit to add* Im hoping I will only have to push a few times like with Greyson. I'll labor at home until contractions are 5 minutes apart. Im hoping not to tear, and Im really liking Marys idea about just getting the local anesthesia before pushing...

7 lb range.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Last edited by Shades of Grey; October 26th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
October 26th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!

What date would you have the baby? I'd like to go a little early, but my sister said I can't go before her school finals are done so she can be there, so I'm also going to say December 16th.

How would the labor/delivery go? I'd love to get my nice, smooth, natural labor. I hope it isn't too incredibly long, being that it's my first, and I hope the pain is tolerable enough that I don't give in to pain meds. I will labor at home as long as possible and then hopefully once we get to the hospital I'll be far enough along. I'm afraid of hearing a low dilation number and losing hope or giving in. Also in my dream labor I wouldn't tear or need to be cut!

How big would the baby be? The 7 lb range would be great!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

October 26th, 2012, 09:01 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What date would you have the baby? I would have the baby sometime on the weekend after Thanksgiving as my mom and sister will be in town to be here for the birth and help out with the kids.

How would the labor/delivery go? I would go into labor in the evening, after the kids are put down for the night and labor in our bedroom until the contractions were pretty close together. Pain would be manageable. We'd show up at the hospital at around 8 or 9 cm and I would get a local anesthetic shot down below so I wouldn't feel any tearing if I end up tearing again. The baby wouldn't have any health issues and would stay on my chest for all the initial examinations.

How big would the baby be? I'd love a smaller baby this time? Maybe 6 1/2 - 7 pounds.
October 26th, 2012, 09:19 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
What date would you have the baby? 12/12/12 would be neat DH's birthday is 6/7/89, so it'd be cool to have another fun date birthday in the family. I'm good with any day after 12/11 (our church has a huge Christmas concert that year that I want to be at), but before 12/22 when family comes.

How would the labor/delivery go?A productive early labor where I can do other things to distract me during contractions, but I'm still making progress. Laboring as much as possible at home, and then getting to the hospital for just the last few hours. I'm hoping to go all natural

How big would the baby be? Somewhere between 6-8lbs. Hopefully he won't be a 10 pounder like DH.
dickersons09 likes this.
October 26th, 2012, 09:35 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
[QUOTE=rlh27;26699641]What date would you have the baby? [COLOR="Teal"]12/12/12 would be neat DH's birthday is 6/7/89, so it'd be cool to have another fun date birthday in the family. I'm good with any day after 12/11 (our church has a huge Christmas concert that year that I want to be at), but before 12/22 when family comes.

I had to laugh at this...

I'm in charge of our church being in the Christmas parade Dec 7 and our Childrens program Dec 16th and Sawyer is coming Dec 3! ....Good thing hes gonna be sleeping a lot anyways because I'm gonna have a TON to do!
October 26th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oooh... I've been thinking a lot about this!

What date would you have the baby? The more I think about it the more I'd love for her to come on my birthday - December 1.

How would the labor/delivery go? I'd start contractions in the morning, labor for 5-7 hours. Have plenty of time to get to the Birth Center without being panicky and get comfortable there and into the tub. Push for a half hour or less. Have baby on my chest immediately and have some bonding and feeding time with the three of us. Get a little cleaned up and move to the bed. My mom could come see her new grandbaby! And then get packed up and home before it got too late so that we can get settled into our new reality...

How big would the baby be? I'm hoping for between 7 and 8 pounds... that's where DH and I both were.

October 26th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Um, I go to sleep and wake up at my pre pregnancy weight with a nice pretty and quiet baby sleeping in my arms with my only recollection of delivery being the moments after she came out.

Daffney

October 26th, 2012, 12:08 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
What date would you like the baby to come? I am a huge Taylor Swift fan so I think December 13th would be cool We even decided that if it IS born on that date the baby's name will be Taylor haha But realistically, it would be best for the baby to come on a Monday or Tuesday night, since DH is off Tuesday'ss and Wednesday's. So I am aiming for Dec 4, or Dec 11.

How long would the labour/delivery take? I'm honestly not too fussy about this. As long as I have time to get my epidural, I am fine with 12-24 hours of labour! It would be nice to have this one go faster though since it is number two

How big would baby be? Kaylee was 7 lbs on the dot, so I hope this one is not much bigger. When they are born small they tend to stay small longer, and that's what I want!!!

Last edited by tricia_16_; October 26th, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
October 26th, 2012, 12:08 PM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
I'd like to give her a birthday as far away from Christmas as possible without her coming early so I guess that would put her at Jan 11?

I'd be watching tv and someone would hit me over the head with a mallet. Id be pumped so full of drugs that I dont feel or remember any of it. I wake up with a healthy baby and an intact woo-ha.

Maybe 6.5 pounds? Small but healthy.

October 26th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Fun!

Hmmmm. I think Id like to go into labor and have him on December 6. I'll wake up at 9am after a full night's rest. My water will break, contractions will start immediately, Ill call someone from church to come get the girls to watch them and they'll be there within the hour.

After that, my labor will go smoothly, effortlessly, no complications, and I will labor mostly in the water (we are having a home water birth). My hypnobabies practicing will pay off and it'll be painfree (haha, yeah right) and at about 1pm after about 5 hrs of labor, he will come out with 2 pushes right into his daddy's arms. He'll start to pink right up, breathe great, and latch right on to the boob and nursing will go fantastic. I wont tear or have any complications, either.

He'll weigh about 8 lbs exactly and 22 inches long.

We'll bring the girls home and they'll fall instantly in love with their little brother.

Ahhhh I can dream! LOL Doesnt seem so far off, though!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

October 26th, 2012, 01:22 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What date would you like the baby to come? 12/12/12. It's a magical date.
How long would the labour/delivery take? I hope it's faster than the first, which was a not too shabby 9 hours. 4 hours total would be great. But more importantly, I'd really like to not push for 2 and a half hours this time. I'd love for this baby to just come shooting out like a watermelon.
How big would baby be? 7.12. just like DD.

October 27th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
My induction is scheduled for 12/12/12 so I hope I don't go early because I really have gotten used to the idea!

I know I everyone thinks I am crazy but I hope it doesn't happen fast. My first two were easy inductions, being induced around 7-8am and delivering around 1:30 both times. Both times I went from 6-complete within 20-30min and pushed for less than 30 min (second was 3 pushes total). It was just too fast and both times I was sad it was over so quickly. I want to remember and savor every moment, especially since this is my last. I love being in labor and the anticipation.

DD1 was 6.10 and DD2 was 7.4 so somewhere in the 7-low 8lb range would be perfect. I like them little so that they stay little longer!
October 27th, 2012, 09:18 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
What date would you have the baby? Dec 8, 9, or 10th. I would like her to be a little early so I'm feeling as good as can be by Christmas.

How would the labor/delivery go? First of all I'd get one of the two OB's I want for delivery, either my OB or her one partner. Labor would last no more than 6-8 hours, only require a few pushes, with no tearing.
And only for DH's mom and brother to be at the hospital after a while, I dont want to deal with all of his family at once and surely not right from the start.

How big would the baby be? 7lb range but not 8lbs or over

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search