Mama food?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By doremi
  • 3 Post By JillMama
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By ashley5
  • 1 Post By Summerdays12
  • 1 Post By Lav
  • 1 Post By abur

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How in the world are you ladies finding time for yourself to eat??!? Especially those of you who are BF ...

I feel like I have no time to feed myself and I'm nervous that whatever I might eat is going to upset baby's tummy.

I know part of it is my fault because I feel bad when I'm not holding her so my hands are always full ... but I'm looking for suggestions.

October 26th, 2012, 06:46 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
We keep a ton of grab friendly things on hand. I've been eating salami with cheese and crackers, string cheese, soups, english muffins, casseroles, pasta, etc. I usually microwave my meal, then either eat one handed, eat while he is sleeping in the bassinet, or put him on the boppy next to me while I scarf something down. It is definitely tricky!!! But you have to make it a priority to get enough calories in YOU as a bf-ing mom, so I just have to be really conscientious of not skipping meals, as easy as it would be to do.

October 26th, 2012, 07:17 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I eat cold food and one handed a lot. LOL I also snack, and eat protein bars if I'm out and about. Cliff made holiday flavors, pumpkin pie, ginger bread etc..

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
October 26th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is going grocery shopping tomorrow, so I'll probably have a lot on the list! And I just have to be willing to put Madalyn down!
abur likes this.

October 27th, 2012, 03:58 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep with a toddler at home and dh working 2nd shift, Hunter has to fuss sometimes so o can get dinner ready since its just me. so i eat while my daughter eats and I'm normally nursing at the same time. grab food is good too , lol but i love food so there's no way I'm missing a meal
LoverlyJules likes this.
October 27th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I'm trying to figure this out myself! I need to take Cautx's advice and be okay with the baby fussing for a bit. I already talk to the baby when he is not in my arms..I let him know I'm still nearby and give him touches. But I do this when he is content..sooooooo I need to practice this method if he is fussy as well
LoverlyJules likes this.

October 27th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In the morning I make my breakfast quickly, then I sit down with Savina, holding her with one arm to my breast, so she can feed, and eat my breakfast with my other hand

Same for lunch. And dinner is prepared by either my mom or DH and I try to put Savina in the bassinet for that, but when she gets cranky, I let her eat while I eat. It's not hard to have her at your breast on one arm and use the other to eat I sometimes even walk around with her on one arm while she feeds lol and get all sorts of other things done that I can do with just one hand.
LoverlyJules likes this.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
October 27th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still pretty much using both hands to BF. I know I'll figure it out ... Just takes time.

October 27th, 2012, 12:20 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to nurse Hannah holding her with one arm while walking around doing stuff.....then she got to almost 10 lbs

I eat a bunch of oatmeal every morning and make random stuff to eat throughout the day.....DH grills platefuls of chicken for me so I will have it whenever I want some, just gotta heat it up. And I have those mashed potato pouches that are quick too. I'll also make big pots of brown rice and either eat that plain or make fried rice - quick, easy, and lasts a while for me. I've been eating pretty plain since we had a reaction to dairy, but I still eat eggs and cheese SOMETIMES, not often and not a lot Nutrigrain bars are good too, as well as cereal!
LoverlyJules likes this.
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

October 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverlyJules View Post
I'm still pretty much using both hands to BF. I know I'll figure it out ... Just takes time.
I need both hands also

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search